DoTo

Chicago, IL

#7657 Jun 28, 2013
GREAT PARADE!
What the Heck

Forest Park, IL

#7658 Jun 30, 2013
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>Well if your well off you don't have to kiss no one's ass people who do are either weak or opportunists.No one is above the law if that was the case you wouldn't see so many politicians going to jail.
What are you talking about? Your reply is way off the topic.....
Your Kidding

Forest Park, IL

#7659 Jun 30, 2013
LYONS TOWNEE wrote:
You obviously don't live in this town.Because of tlc,we now have new businesses,high priced condos,a riverwalk,and my house went way up in value.My taxes are also not high at all.About 1% of my home value.I hope they are in for a long time.
2013 How do you feel now. Visk and Schuppe made fools of themselves in a parade with the squad car. Failed Tif's, Built a $17 million dollar white elephant. Bankrupted the village. Riverwalk a joke. Could go on, but time is running out. Makes my head spin.
Surprise

Chicago, IL

#7660 Jul 1, 2013
Your Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
2013 How do you feel now. Visk and Schuppe made fools of themselves in a parade with the squad car. Failed Tif's, Built a $17 million dollar white elephant. Bankrupted the village. Riverwalk a joke. Could go on, but time is running out. Makes my head spin.
They are not the only one's caught on video being foolish see I have surveilence cameras in my house pointing out from my windows, I have some interesting stuff, but I choose not to release them to the public.
What Who When Where

Lyons, IL

#7661 Jul 1, 2013
What the Heck wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? Your reply is way off the topic.....
I think what it means is if you want a job with VOL start kissing a-- or start sucking d--k!!!!
WTH

Hillside, IL

#7662 Jul 2, 2013
Your Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see - spent money to have his name put on village vehicles, has a rec dept with a $250,000+ budget that can't produce a single program worth squat, appointed a convicted felon to head a board, appointed his brother-in-law to the village board (with a whole 1 year or residency), gave himself and the board raises and medical insurance, talks about new businesses - but what about all the closed ones, has amassed a "war chest" of over $250,000 - much of it from those doing business with the village, put the squeeze on bar owners to buy insurance from him, demoted police officers who didn't play his game, allows a convicted felon free run of the village hall, hires people without posting the job or qualifications, has one of the lowest "transparency scores" in the area, and on and on. Yes, our heads are spinning!
God Believer

Chicago, IL

#7663 Jul 2, 2013
Sad day heard our former lawyer Joseph Mario Moreno pleaded guilty.I don't understand why they want to give him 14 to 17 years and only give Jackson Jr 4... so not fair.
God Believer

Chicago, IL

#7664 Jul 2, 2013
WTH, I would love to know who you are cause it seems like your the one on this forum that dislikes him the most. Why is that? I guess the residents voted for him because they figured that the good outweighs the bad stuff.
God Believer

Chicago, IL

#7665 Jul 2, 2013
Sports car man believe in God because if you die right now your not taking that with you!
God Believer

Chicago, IL

#7666 Jul 2, 2013
Sorry everyone for using this forum like my twitter act, I promise no more! I know how serious people are on here.
True

Forest Park, IL

#7668 Jul 2, 2013
With the fourth coming, do you need help setting up for your party? Call the village hall and request public works employees to deliver and pick up your picnic tables,etc! They did that for ken Getty's birthday bash I last month. mayor proclaims improved services. didnt know it included this for all. Well he must have cause Ken is just a resident like you and me! Call now before they change the rules!
No Change

Bloomington, IN

#7669 Jul 3, 2013
Get use to it cause this is what the residents wanted, I don't like SR Getty but he is the one calling the shots so you got to live with it
Useless Cops

Lyons, IL

#7671 Jul 4, 2013
As usual Lyons 4th of July sucks!!!!! Not a cop to be found.....The town is left lawless....From now on just consider the cops on vacation when it comes to the 4th of July. I literally called the police 3 hours ago and counting.....typical.....no cop EVER showed up.....Guess your house or garage has to catch fire.....at least the firemen do their jobs!!!!
Taxpayers United

United States

#7672 Jul 5, 2013
Maybe the dispatcher got your address wrong. Could be, though, that VOL cops NOT showing up at your house was a blessing in disguise.(Especially if you were bold enough to express your discontent with their job performance to them. The one thing they seem to be VERY good at is taking care of citizens they believe are in "contempt of cop". Add to that behavior that could easily be interpreted as being in "contempt of citizen" and "contempt of Constitution", and you have a very undesirable hat trick.)
Surprise

United States

#7673 Jul 6, 2013
Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>They are not the only one's caught on video being foolish see I have surveilence cameras in my house pointing out from my windows, I have some interesting stuff, but I choose not to release them to the public.
Senior moment....SURVEILLANCE!
Useless Cops

Lyons, IL

#7674 Jul 6, 2013
Your right Taxpayers United. The cops have a poor attitude. I was talking to a fellow resident who called the police to report their neighbors for having several dogs that are locked up outside 24/7. These dogs she said bark all the time. When she called police the dispatcher made a snide comment....so what do you want us to do about it. Well besides there being an ordinance of a 3 animal limit here in town. But the constant barking going on at all hours of the day and night....Isn't there a 20 minute limit on dog barking? So this resident told me how angry she was because the police NEVER showed up or did anything about it.
WTH

Hillside, IL

#7675 Jul 7, 2013
Not totally defending the police, but I know many of them, and their "don't give a $#!#" attitude reflects the way they have been treated by the village. Bring in a chief based on politics - demote officers because they wouldn't play along with your games - yeah, that promotes a desire to do the job. And they can't say anything out of fear of retribution.
WTH

Hillside, IL

#7676 Jul 7, 2013
You can ask to sign a complaint under two sections of the Village Code; if the Lyons Police Officer refuses to issue a complaint, call the County Animal Control and ask for assistance and file a complaint with the State's Attorney for the PO's failure to act in the capacity of a police officer.

8-1-8: NOISY ANIMALS:
The keeping of any animal within any yard, garage, veterinary hospital or other place within the village which, by barking, howling, crying, singing or causing frequent or long continued noise between the hours of ten o'clock (10:00) P.M. and eight o'clock (8:00) A.M., or at any other time, shall disturb the peace, quiet, comfort or repose of persons in any neighboring dwelling or residence or of persons in the vicinity, shall be prohibited.(1965 Code 9-7-11; amd. 2009 Code)

8-3-8: DANGEROUS OR VICIOUS DOGS:
A. Nuisance Declared; Impoundment: Any dangerous, fierce or vicious dog running at large in any street, alley or other public place within the village or upon the private premises of any person, other than the owner or keeper thereof, and any dog which may in any manner unduly disturb the quiet of, endanger or annoy any person or neighborhood within the village, or which shall bite any person or so injure any person as to cause an abrasion of the skin is hereby declared to be a nuisance, and such dog shall be taken up and impounded in the manner provided in subsection 8-3-9A of this chapter.
Mean

United States

#7678 Jul 7, 2013
The LPD needs to get their d--ks sucked more or get more or new p--y. They should put down the fork more offen so maybe that can actually happen.
Taxpayers United

United States

#7679 Jul 7, 2013
WTH wrote:
Not totally defending the police, but I know many of them, and their "don't give a $#!#" attitude reflects the way they have been treated by the village. Bring in a chief based on politics - demote officers because they wouldn't play along with your games - yeah, that promotes a desire to do the job. And they can't say anything out of fear of retribution.
And the citizens should "pay the price" for alledged mistreatment by the Village? Isn't that why the PD has the FOP to represent them?

How about this explanation: The last 2 VOL PD chiefs were imported from CPD...which in many respects seems to be in a race to the bottom - just behind LA - on civil rights, excessive force, color of law violations, code of silence, etc., and citizen input via Neighborhood Watch, a non-adversarial complaint process,...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kathleen Mastrino ARRESTED for Retail Theft! 8 hr Al Not So Sharpton 3
Lilly 16 hr Thrillbilly 1
Review: Molis Dental - Ryan Molis DDS (Jan '10) 20 hr Jan 2
Rate the City of Northlake Police Department (Dec '13) 23 hr Testalie 16
For a meat-centric dinner, meet at Skrine Chops (Jan '08) Fri Reddog 6
No dancing at all to be seen at any nightlife v... (Jun '13) Fri Wild Carl 3
Man Found Dead At Cicero Peep Show (Aug '07) Dec 25 rico 5
River Forest Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web