lyons, il politics
REALLY

Riverside, IL

#6334 Feb 2, 2013
BIG G wrote:
The only way to change all this is to vote him out.
Speak for yourself, Please.
Yes Really

United States

#6335 Feb 2, 2013
The Mayor is not self made, the residents put him in office so being mean ,and cocky just annoys me and then calling someone fat is so grammer school now people in his family may not be fat but they are by far not good to look at!!!!
Yes Really

United States

#6336 Feb 2, 2013
Sorry but I had to go there he's 29 going bald has a turkeyneck always with differ girls even if he has a GF he's conceited he said with him as Mayor it woud honest and transparent, yea right
Yes Really

United States

#6337 Feb 2, 2013
So i really think name calling is so uncalled for its so mean. Patty needs a sorry from you for acting so immature
PLEASE SETTLE DOWN

Elgin, IL

#6340 Feb 3, 2013
Lets keep this professional,and everyone is beautiful in their own way so please stop the personal attacks.
Super Bowl

Riverside, IL

#6341 Feb 3, 2013
EVERYONE ENJOY THE GAME !!!!
gonna lose

Chicago, IL

#6342 Feb 3, 2013
I am so glad that the raiders won the super bowl!!!! someone told me that VILLAGE PRESIDENT GETTY was rooting for the miners and i want him to lose and i want everything he does to be horriible and i don't want him hsppy and i cannot wait to vote against everythingg he says cuz hes really relly dumb.
She back

Chicago, IL

#6343 Feb 4, 2013
There are SO many real issues to be discussed about the direction the VOL is going in - a real target rich environment - that wasting time and energy devolving into nasty personal attacks distracts from...why waste time and energy strengthening the "cult of personality" (on both sides) at the expense of serious discourse? Unless, of course, serious discourse about the Village and its future is NOT wanted...
Hope

Forest Park, IL

#6344 Feb 4, 2013
Big Mac wrote:
<quoted text>
Let Me Google That For You...
http://lmgtfy.com/...
THAT WAS SOOO IMMATURE! SHAME ON YOU!
curiousity

Riverside, IL

#6345 Feb 4, 2013
Hope wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT WAS SOOO IMMATURE! SHAME ON YOU!
Why are you the only one on this board that has a Lyons, IL under
your handler's name??
Strange

Riverside, IL

#6346 Feb 5, 2013
She back wrote:
There are SO many real issues to be discussed about the direction the VOL is going in - a real target rich environment - that wasting time and energy devolving into nasty personal attacks distracts from...why waste time and energy strengthening the "cult of personality" (on both sides) at the expense of serious discourse? Unless, of course, serious discourse about the Village and its future is NOT wanted...
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Personality_cult
She back

Chicago, IL

#6347 Feb 5, 2013
Old News

Riverside, IL

#6348 Feb 5, 2013
She back wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/ business/breaking/la-fi-sandp- justice-20130205,0,6843412.sto ry
Doesn't S&P rate VOL debt?
Give it a break.
resident

Chicago, IL

#6349 Feb 5, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
I have done my part for our village over the years - a lot more than you know. Why, for just once in your life, try telling the truth. I may be a jerk, but I am not the son of someone who tried to steal hundreds of thousands from the people, and then lies about it. And I will not stop asking questions - just because you never provide answers.
now you accuse a perfect stranger of lying and call my father a thief you dont know me. name one good thing you have done for our town. dont lie i know who you are.
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6350 Feb 5, 2013
resident wrote:
<quoted text>now you accuse a perfect stranger of lying and call my father a thief you dont know me. name one good thing you have done for our town. dont lie i know who you are.
No, unless you are Chris Getty, I did not call your father a thief. I have served on various boards and commissions over many years.
Alright

United States

#6351 Feb 5, 2013
gonna lose wrote:
I am so glad that the raiders won the super bowl!!!! someone told me that VILLAGE PRESIDENT GETTY was rooting for the miners and i want him to lose and i want everything he does to be horriible and i don't want him hsppy and i cannot wait to vote against everythingg he says cuz hes really relly dumb.
I think you over took your loony meds come back to the forum when you recover!
Change is coming

Berwyn, IL

#6352 Feb 5, 2013
Let me start out by saying that Ken Getty isn't up for re-election here whether you feel he served his time or not is up to the residents. He was convicted in a court of law and served his sentence said and done. Should he be involved with the village? I say if he wants to volunteer by all means whether that means garbage pickup or helping elderly residents please do but to be given a position on the zoning board of appeals by his son the current village president and not the mayor just cries out nepotism!!! It's things like this that trouble me so much in this village! Things like Chris having his name painted on all of the village public works trucks which is nothing more than free political advertising at my taxed expense, hiring a media consultant at $2000.00 a month to put stories that make Chris and his party look good, hiring a person who by the way was the same person who object to Dick Gatz to remove graffiti in town even though the county does it for free, hiring the same financial folks from Bridgeview a town that because of poor financial decisions is millions in the hole and now they are shaping our financial decisions, having an. Assistant to the mayor come on really for a town of 10,000 lol, changing he title of village president for which we the residents voted on to mayor, and my favorite doing little o promote businesses to come to town!!! I drive around town everyday and there are so many empty store fronts and vacant lots that it sad! Chris constantly promotes that he did this or that. In the Des Plaines Valley News but come on Chris look around at all the business that have left town did you want to promote them too? We need to change the way the current administration is running the village and we need to make change!!! I'm hopeful that the opposing party wins this election, a party that won't be afraid to vote lock in step with the president (not the mayor). Change is a coming to the village of Lyons!!!
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6357 Feb 6, 2013
What's happening? Suddenly there are agenda on the Village web site. Interesting that the village is going to hire an auditor for the budget...for the years 2011 and 2012.
resident

Chicago, IL

#6358 Feb 6, 2013
Change is coming wrote:
Let me start out by saying that Ken Getty isn't up for re-election here whether you feel he served his time or not is up to the residents. He was convicted in a court of law and served his sentence said and done. Should he be involved with the village? I say if he wants to volunteer by all means whether that means garbage pickup or helping elderly residents please do but to be given a position on the zoning board of appeals by his son the current village president and not the mayor just cries out nepotism!!! It's things like this that trouble me so much in this village! Things like Chris having his name painted on all of the village public works trucks which is nothing more than free political advertising at my taxed expense, hiring a media consultant at $2000.00 a month to put stories that make Chris and his party look good, hiring a person who by the way was the same person who object to Dick Gatz to remove graffiti in town even though the county does it for free, hiring the same financial folks from Bridgeview a town that because of poor financial decisions is millions in the hole and now they are shaping our financial decisions, having an. Assistant to the mayor come on really for a town of 10,000 lol, changing he title of village president for which we the residents voted on to mayor, and my favorite doing little o promote businesses to come to town!!! I drive around town everyday and there are so many empty store fronts and vacant lots that it sad! Chris constantly promotes that he did this or that. In the Des Plaines Valley News but come on Chris look around at all the business that have left town did you want to promote them too? We need to change the way the current administration is running the village and we need to make change!!! I'm hopeful that the opposing party wins this election, a party that won't be afraid to vote lock in step with the president (not the mayor). Change is a coming to the village of Lyons!!!
yes lets go back to the same people who destroyed this town because now they renamed their party.if the people are fooled by them we will be bankrupt in no time.they misstated financial records, hired bartenders and hacks to run departments and the patties looked the other way.they want villagers to think its a new party. its same old players who keep changing party name to confuse us.i could never forgive them for spending 17 mil. on a project that should have cost us 5 mil.then hid the facts and shuffled dollars around to confuse us. they will never deserve another chance in my mind no matter what they name their party.i have no love for ken but chris has made hard decisions and brought this town back from dead in 2 short years. he deserves our support
Fed up

Forest Park, IL

#6360 Feb 6, 2013
resident wrote:
<quoted text>yes lets go back to the same people who destroyed this town because now they renamed their party.if the people are fooled by them we will be bankrupt in no time.they misstated financial records, hired bartenders and hacks to run departments and the patties looked the other way.they want villagers to think its a new party. its same old players who keep changing party name to confuse us.i could never forgive them for spending 17 mil. on a project that should have cost us 5 mil.then hid the facts and shuffled dollars around to confuse us. they will never deserve another chance in my mind no matter what they name their party.i have no love for ken but chris has made hard decisions and brought this town back from dead in 2 short years. he deserves our support
Who were the bartenders and hacks?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Russians descendants of Serbs 12 hr Serb 2
Gone but not forgotten (May '09) 22 hr alan 746
Ex chief police of summit illinois Jan 14 For The Record 4
Melrose Park Businesses: We will never spend mo... (Feb '12) Jan 13 Lowest of them All 20
New Northlake chief Nissen is hated by his offi... (Nov '16) Jan 13 Psychology 15
News Oakbrook Terrace water slides had good ride in ... (Jul '09) Nov '17 KSM2243 76
News West suburban fire board pumped up chiefs' pens... (Sep '13) Mar '17 Supporter 10

River Forest Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Forest Mortgages