lyons, il politics
WHO CARES

United States

#6260 Jan 23, 2013
WTH wrote:
From Chris' blog:
"Since 2009, Lyons has seen more than 25 businesses open in the local area."
Then he lists only 19...including Pop's, T-Mobile, Superior, etc., which were in place before he was elected.
Once a liar, always a liar...what would one expect from the son of a convicted felon?
Brutal!!!!!!
Erin

Riverside, IL

#6261 Jan 25, 2013
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20130124/n...

Finally, help for children who are victims of
sexual assault and abuse. Something that has been
swept under the rug for all too long.
Erin

Riverside, IL

#6262 Jan 25, 2013
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-01-24...

Another article regarding the mandate to teach in school awareness of sex assault and abuse not only in
schools but also in homes.
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6263 Jan 25, 2013
Just looking at the "business growth" listed in the DVN article:

Markans Trucking - replaced Mansfield Rooffing; no sales tax.
Kemp's Milk - eplaced Cold Storage - no sales tax.
Local 777 - non-profit no tax
Basketball School - no sales tax
Superior Trucking - no sales tax
oundations Dance - no sales tax
T-Mobile - minimal sales tax
Farmers - no sales tax
Oxford - no sales tax
Superior Ambulance - no sales tax
Kopiki's - took over Tower - minimal sales tax
Certified Repair - minimal sales tax

Net gain - practically zero. So, where is the "growth"? And lets subtract the losses - Mansfield, Metz, DJ's, Cricket, and more.
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6264 Jan 25, 2013
Was there a post here about problems at the Golden Ag Retirement Home? Wasn't it a comment on how deplorable the conditions are? Yet Getty took over $11,000.00 in contributions from them? Interesting.
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6265 Jan 25, 2013
I wonder how a small town politician like Getty has collected over $400,000.00 in campaign contributions - much of it from vendors doing business with Lyons - in 4 years. I'm sure he hasn't promised any favors (wink, wink).
Will Never Forget

Lyons, IL

#6266 Jan 25, 2013
WTH wrote:
Mr. Gety - I just reviewed the Village's "Transparency Score" using the Illinois Policy Institute's checklist. Congratulations! You score a 16 out of a possible 100. One of the lowest scores in the county! So much for your lie about being "transparent".
TLC /MVP must have been ZERO
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6267 Jan 25, 2013
Will Never Forget wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no the rating for Lyons dropped significantly after Getty was elected...it had been a 35.5 - still an "F" but a lot better than it is now. And we had things like a budget, which recieve the Government Financial Officers award, as I recall. What has Getty's budget received - oh, thats right, he doesn't have one!
30 Year Lyons Resident

Hillside, IL

#6268 Jan 25, 2013
I think Getty has been doing just fine. With all the corrupt political manners out there in the world, I truly believe Chris is doing what he can to clean up our town at the very least. I said it before in the past when I voted four years ago for him.. if you have a problem with something, take it to him and he will help. He can be found around town every day. He lives right here in Lyons. Also, for the record, if you no longer live in Lyons, you shouldn't trash our town... it's only getting better and better. He has so many great events for the children and my kid is finally living the experiences I did as a child. Look how many places cancelled the firework show this year on the 4th! And guess what, they all drove to Lyons to watch ours!
What Comes Around

Lyons, IL

#6269 Jan 25, 2013
Just Great wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, big mouth, I just didn't have the time to do it, she just beat me to the punch. Now, instead of just making stupid comments, how about addressing the issue - and the FACT that Chris Getty is a bald faced LIAR! How can any taxpayer trust someone who states they believe in transparency, then does everything possible to avoid it? Oh, yeah, they post the agenda at the hall according to statute, but barely at the last possible minute - don't let the citizens have time to do some research before the meeting. And when the agendas are posted on the web site? Check it out, the date of the PDF file is after the statutory requirement for a minimum 48 hour notice. Think it is time to have a talk with the State's Attorney regarding violation of Illinois Statutes and possible charges.
Where were you in the past, or are you the past. Should have controlled the TLC / MVP like you are doing to our Mayor. TLC had time to read and do some research, but like one of the lady Trustee said, " I am Told How To Vote " . So Button Up. Many times the Agenda was not posted on time with TLC, was called on it and guess what. They got a slap on the hand. WOW !!!! So is life in COOK COUNTY. It is who you know , I won't say the rest. It's their turn now. So be quiet and wait your turn. If your lucky you may be back. Sure hope not.
Never Forget

Lyons, IL

#6270 Jan 25, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no the rating for Lyons dropped significantly after Getty was elected...it had been a 35.5 - still an "F" but a lot better than it is now. And we had things like a budget, which recieve the Government Financial Officers award, as I recall. What has Getty's budget received - oh, thats right, he doesn't have one!
TLC was in the Governor's pocket. Look at where they is now.
Quinn was also involved with VISK, pictures showing Veteran's Memorial Park where our Playground is at new park.?????
Divert Attention

Riverside, IL

#6271 Jan 25, 2013
Erin wrote:
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20130124/n...
Finally, help for children who are victims of
sexual assault and abuse. Something that has been
swept under the rug for all too long.
Notice how fast the groaners filled this message board up with anti mayor comments, when someone addressed Erin's Law...Sorry, but this is an issue that needs to be addressed with great concern.

All the naysayers, why not address sexual predators, sex offenders,
parents who abuse their children..women that are victims of domestic violence....
she back

Fairfax, VA

#6273 Jan 25, 2013
What Comes Around wrote:
<quoted text>
Where were you in the past, or are you the past. Should have controlled the TLC / MVP like you are doing to our Mayor. TLC had time to read and do some research, but like one of the lady Trustee said, " I am Told How To Vote " . So Button Up. Many times the Agenda was not posted on time with TLC, was called on it and guess what. They got a slap on the hand. WOW !!!! So is life in COOK COUNTY. It is who you know , I won't say the rest. It's their turn now. So be quiet and wait your turn. If your lucky you may be back. Sure hope not.
Actually, what you know - if used properly - can easily trump who you know. And funny, it was a UCP Trustee who blurted out "It's OUR turn now!" to me.

Sorry, won't be quiet until it is the TAXPAYERS' turn. TLC was certainly bad...but they didn't add $11M in private debt to our obligations... that happened in 2009 (refi'd in Jan. 2012) and and 2010, which VOL issued checks for a little over $693,000 to service for one year. This debt was structured as "private debt", rather than municipal securities, allowing it to slip under the regulatory radar, including disclosure requirements, meaning we the taxpayers - and since it is supposedly TIF debt - the affected taxing bodies - know absolutely nada about it. Except that at the end of the day, WE get to pay. Thank you (not!).
Divert Attention

Riverside, IL

#6274 Jan 25, 2013
Divert Attention wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice how fast the groaners filled this message board up with anti mayor comments, when someone addressed Erin's Law...Sorry, but this is an issue that needs to be addressed with great concern.
All the naysayers, why not address sexual predators, sex offenders,
parents who abuse their children..women that are victims of domestic violence....
This is more important than trying to figure out what last administration allowed to take place with the finances.
brrrr

United States

#6275 Jan 25, 2013
Divert Attention wrote:
<quoted text>
This is more important than trying to figure out what last administration allowed to take place with the finances.
Depends on whether you pay property taxes.....
Divert Attention

Riverside, IL

#6276 Jan 25, 2013
What does property tax have to do with a child
being sexually abused....guess that is not on your radar.
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6278 Jan 26, 2013
Details wrote:
A full time person is typcally interpretted by the various references in state law to an IT person. The Village does not have one.
Once, again, how about posting the "various references" you claim to cite? Or is this just another lie? Typical Getty answer - probably got it from our village attorney that we pay for to cover your failure to comply with the state law.
Interesting

United States

#6279 Jan 26, 2013
30 Year Lyons Resident wrote:
I think Getty has been doing just fine. With all the corrupt political manners out there in the world, I truly believe Chris is doing what he can to clean up our town at the very least. I said it before in the past when I voted four years ago for him.. if you have a problem with something, take it to him and he will help. He can be found around town every day. He lives right here in Lyons. Also, for the record, if you no longer live in Lyons, you shouldn't trash our town... it's only getting better and better. He has so many great events for the children and my kid is finally living the experiences I did as a child. Look how many places cancelled the firework show this year on the 4th! And guess what, they all drove to Lyons to watch ours!
Yea right!
NEW

Forest Park, IL

#6281 Jan 26, 2013
Will Never Forget wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm new to town, who's TLC, do they have a slate in the upcoming election? Are they involved with the village now?
read on

Riverside, IL

#6282 Jan 26, 2013
NEW wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm new to town, who's TLC, do they have a slate in the upcoming election? Are they involved with the village now?
go to page one and read first entry..then proceed and read on and on!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Redundancy from WILDBILL 29 min Rose 3
News I'm mad -- I got Berwyn's $100 camera traffic t... (Feb '12) 16 hr Buckybottomlayer 35
Moving Out of Berwyn 21 hr Disappointed 3
Section 8 is sending Berwyn to hell. 21 hr Disappointed 1
bond forfeiture Greg Salvi (Jul '15) 22 hr True facts 112
pete venute 23 hr WILDBILL 20
Cicero Town Hall Thu sherry123 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Forest Mortgages