lyons, il politics
She Back

Chicago, IL

#6085 Dec 26, 2012
Curious wrote:
Another dangerous action. Protest property taxes to deprive the government of needed funding. Since 85% of the expenditures are salaries and most of these are covered by union contracts, where are the savings? Should the Village shut down the water system overnight to save money?
DANGEROUS!!!! DANGEROUS!!!!!
BTW, how is Western Springs funding two fire houses with full time employees? Another $2 million with no Timber Trail growth. Good move.
Places like Western Springs and Barrington do not have self destructive people like She Back and Hum.
How about one CONSTRUCTIVE idea, She Back? You did advocate to increase taxes 30%. Is that all you have?
DANGEROUS, simply DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!!
Try this on for size: if we take the $13,000,000 figure Mr. denys threw out as the total amount of the budget in 2012 and deduct the 85% for salaries YOU quoted ($11,050,000 = 85% of $13M) as well as the $1,265,000 payments (from page 28-29 of 2012 budget), that leaves the grand total of $685,000 to pay for outside contractors and consultants, gas and oil changes and maintenence for the fire trucks and cop cars, pension payments, postage, computers, office supplies, insurance for the Village...somehow, something seems wrong with your picture.
Dr Phil

Berwyn, IL

#6086 Dec 26, 2012
Justice1313 wrote:
Lyons, Ill. is under the eye of the Federal Agents because the EX-Lyons, Ill. Police Chief controlled the investigation into the DOUBLE MURDER of BOTH OF HIS PARENTS in McCook, Ill. The McCook, Ill. Police Chief Wolfe, should have ordered Chief Babich to stay clear of the investigation into the double shot gun to Walter Babich, Sr.'s abdomen and the (63) stab wounds to the back of Dorothy Babich.* This was overkill! Remember the Menendez brothers!*Dorothy pulled a Police Chief's BUTTON off the shirt of her attacker!!!! The Lyons, Ill. Police Chief was "OUT OF JURISDICTION" and should have been looked at as " A PERSON OF INTEREST " as well as all the other adult children of these (2) 75 year old victims. The case of Sgt. Drew Peterson has proven to the citizens, how well the blue wall protects it's own. Even if they murder BOTH THEIR PARENTS!!!
You obviously are suffering from a sever psychosis. Your defamation of your family member proves what the rest of your siblings have said all along about you - "She's off her med's again and is dire need of the "I love Me Jacket" who's sleeves attach to the back"! Your fabrications won't make it as a cheap paperback or TBS Movie of the Week. Now go back to your room with the nice soft walls!
She Back

Chicago, IL

#6087 Dec 26, 2012
One more good ole time lesson in arithmetic:

if the amount left to run the VOL is $685,000 (obtained by applying Curious' percentage of VOL $$$ spent on salaries plus debt payments listed in 2012 Budget to Mr. Denys figure representing the total budget amount in 2012),

then, dividing $685,000 by 12 months in the year,
each month's warrant should average $57,083.33...

NOT!
She Back

Chicago, IL

#6088 Dec 26, 2012
Should have stipulated,$57,083.33 without salary expenditures...debt payments appear to come due end of year/January 1 in lump sums.

Maybe we need to de-construct all the warrants from 2012 to find out where the VOL stands...because I remember them consistently being 1 to 2 orders of magnitude greater than 5 figures. Maybe a pie chart populated by verifiable figures showing revenues and expenditures, for the 2013 budget, eh?
Curious

Willow Springs, IL

#6089 Dec 26, 2012
She Back,

Look forward to your campaign!!!!
Barrington County

Riverside, IL

#6090 Dec 26, 2012
Did She Back file her petitions?
No Joke

Riverside, IL

#6095 Dec 27, 2012
I too, remember those days of strewn records all over the Old Village Hall floors..didn't think anyone else ever noticed them. The entire building was left in total disarray....

http://www.traverselegal.com/internet-defamat...
No Joke

Riverside, IL

#6097 Dec 27, 2012
Ask your friend who is running for mayor were all those records are..was she not the Village Clerk at
one time? She should be able to help you.

Those records were stored at that location in Chicago way before the New Village Hall was up and running.

Curious

Willow Springs, IL

#6099 Dec 27, 2012
She Back wrote:
And that's just one reason why, among others, tax rate objections are being considered as a means to get this Village back on the straight and narrow financially. Who knows, maybe Orr's office will have to actually review documents that are filed in regards to extending levies.
If you think running for office and defending nominating petitions is a costly endeavor, filing tax objections are far more costly and detailed. Glad you got money to burn.

And by the way, the filing period for objections to the 2011 tax levy is over. Too late for your "great find."
abc

Riverside, IL

#6100 Dec 27, 2012
Merlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting on an answer on the alleged person giving out false information. I guess we all wait and wait...
........and wait
Refreshing

Riverside, IL

#6101 Dec 27, 2012
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think running for office and defending nominating petitions is a costly endeavor, filing tax objections are far more costly and detailed. Glad you got money to burn.
And by the way, the filing period for objections to the 2011 tax levy is over. Too late for your "great find."
....thank you for telling the people it would cost money. Whole different story! You gotta love it. She Back, for once, someone who really answers questions with facts !
abc

Riverside, IL

#6103 Dec 28, 2012
Merlin wrote:
<quoted text>
and wait some more.....wow ask her a question and she is gone....typical.
.......don't underestimate her.

in the meantime, ""Happy New Year to all""

Chill out time....
Hope

Forest Park, IL

#6104 Dec 28, 2012
No Joke wrote:
I too, remember those days of strewn records all over the Old Village Hall floors..didn't think anyone else ever noticed them. The entire building was left in total disarray....
http://www.traverselegal.com/internet-defamat...
And almost four years later..it still is!
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6105 Dec 28, 2012
i guess i just can't figure it out. The village is borrowing $750,000 from next years taxes to meet the needs this year. But we can afford to pay to have the mayor's name put on vehicles, medical insurance and raises for himself and trustees, and hire someone to write for the newspaper. I just don't get it.
Hope

Forest Park, IL

#6106 Dec 28, 2012
No Joke wrote:
Ask your friend who is running for mayor were all those records are..was she not the Village Clerk at
one time? She should be able to help you.
Those records were stored at that location in Chicago way before the New Village Hall was up and running.
Wrong! The reason for the storage was because of the move to the new facility.
abc

Riverside, IL

#6107 Dec 28, 2012
Hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really want to go there...really !
Hope

Forest Park, IL

#6108 Dec 28, 2012
WTH wrote:
i guess i just can't figure it out. The village is borrowing $750,000 from next years taxes to meet the needs this year. But we can afford to pay to have the mayor's name put on vehicles, medical insurance and raises for himself and trustees, and hire someone to write for the newspaper. I just don't get it.
I'm with you on this! What great accounting minds do we have running our village? Wasteful spending big time and now we can't pay our bills. Oh, but...we are doing just fine. BS
Cliff Hanger

Riverside, IL

#6109 Dec 28, 2012
WTH wrote:
Does anyone else get what is going on in Washington..let alone
figure out Lyons. If it is working leave it alone....if not, then
see ya at the quarry cliff.
Cliff Hanger

Riverside, IL

#6110 Dec 28, 2012
Why does one handler name have Lyons,IL directly under name ???
HUM

Forest Park, IL

#6111 Dec 28, 2012
Hope wrote:
<quoted text>
You are kidding aren't you? How stupid do you think people of Lyons are to try and float this response? I can't wait until April. Of course, people were so stupid they voted him in, let's hope they smartened up. Of course, they voted Obama back in, even after the outrageous mess that he helped create in this country. And like Obama said, the people voted me back in, I'm doing what they want! Yeah, right, we want higher taxes, inflation, unemployment, and further depression. I guess we all better start taking lessons in Chinese, they own us!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moravecek ex cop 53 min Jiggly 1
Would you want this guy representing your church? 5 hr Wondering 3
Melrose Park Police Bullies with Badges 8 hr Ex-Melrose Parker 3
Brothel in our community 10 hr Jake 19
News Stickney trustee resigns from Lyons school board (Feb '14) 11 hr Question 3
News Retired police sergeant found shot dead in back... (Jun '12) Tue WILDBILL 22
News Man who was exonerated of Chicago murders charg... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Go Blue Forever 1

River Forest Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Forest Mortgages