|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

She Back wrote:
How about a BIG Thank You to all of the taxpayers - business and residential - that make all of the "accomplishments" (aka normal operations of the VOL) possible?
As for the land the park is built on - IEPA said it was contaminated (hence enrollment on Voluntary Remediation Program) and some - not all - of the contamination was remediated (removed or rendered harmless), the rest was covered with three feet of clean fill, so it is still there.
I'm also thankful for the folks who really make Lyons great: my neighbors, our library and all of the library personnel, the unpaid (and under-appreciated) people who have worked to make VOL better without looking for votes or self-enrichment - think Neighborhood Watch, the Women's Club, the Lions, the Mustangs, our Little League, PTAs, our churches, etc., and friends throughout the VOL.
I love reading these posts. For 291 pages there is constant complaints about the VOL administration not providing services to the community and wasting our money. Now to your own admission the services are being provided and the town is cleaning up, however now it is just no big deal because it is what they are suppossed to do. I remember when nothing was done for us lowely citizens, I called for years about my alley, my trees, and some of the roads. Under this administration I called and guess what all of my problems have been fixed. My raod wasnt replaced, but by patching the pot hole correctly it has held and hey I'll take that for now. My tree in front was trimmed and doesn't hit my house anymore, and the alley was leveled out. I agree that is what they are suppossed to do and it really shouldn't be something to brag about, but when the last guys did nothing for us I learned to appreciate what should be basic. I for one am happy with the changes in town and will not go back. I am quiet and keep to myself, but I don't forget the shaft I got for years.
I live on gage

Berwyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

I find it bothering when you can commit a crime like Danny brust of 4000 gage he set his car on fire to collect the ins money.He will get away with it cause he isfriends with the mayor ALSO IS INSURED WITH THE GETTY INSURANCE COMPANY
Friend

Berwyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

I called Danny B.and he says this comment is false. Pepole like to stay anonymous on this blog but they forget or don,t know that they can be taken to court for libel. BEEEEE CAREFULL.
No one

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Friend wrote:
I called Danny B.and he says this comment is false. Pepole like to stay anonymous on this blog but they forget or don,t know that they can be taken to court for libel. BEEEEE CAREFULL.
just a comment. 1 I am not going to say you are wrong, but think that getty says he didn't do it, either. 2 since anyone can write something using anyones name, it would be hard to prove who wrote it.
Really

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

No one wrote:
<quoted text>
just a comment. 1 I am not going to say you are wrong, but think that getty says he didn't do it, either. 2 since anyone can write something using anyones name, it would be hard to prove who wrote it.
"they" can find out where the email was sent from, what computer..
what day..time...and whatever "they " need to prove their case...
trust me...even if you were to throw your computer into the quarry..or into an ocean...they can trace it.......technology is Big Brother !!
Sad

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Wasn't the Mayor raised with some morals, wow l can't believe it!!!!! I guess everything people have told me about his family is true.
No one

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

now if they would get rid of that real eyesore the Metz brick plant...
No reason to be mad

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Nice white car.
No reason to be mad

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

The music... um I already know, just trying to avoid confrontation, no ill feelings towards you or your circle.
No reason to be mad

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Now that I set the record straight stop with the evil looks.
Dont Count On That

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Hope wrote:
Had a very nice young man come to my door this weekend. Good to know that we will have a choice in the April Election. That is, unless the Gettys try to get this group thrown off the ballot like last election- which cost us residents money. I like the Village Independent Party's (VIP) Candidates a lot. Pattie Grahovac-Wisneski for President, George Cokinis-Clerk, Dan Graunke, Dick Gatz and Jimmy Jenks for trustees. They all have my families votes! Bye bye Getty.
They need more voters, not just you. Not everyone thinks they are great. Gatz is a Turn Coat, Jenks not running.Smart man. Pattie has done nothing for all the years she has been on the board. Getty is the best candidate for Mayor. Don't like it, Get out of Dodge.
Dont Count On That

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Btw wrote:
The only reason I wouldn't vote for the current Mayor is because of his father, I don't know how Campos got involved with this party no offense to the current Mayor.
Is there anything you would like to tell me about your Father, so maybe I could, Not like you ???? Daaaaaa!!!
Btw

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Dont Count On That wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there anything you would like to tell me about your Father, so maybe I could, Not like you ???? Daaaaaa!!!
NO!!!!
Btw

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

<quoted text>
I never said that I didnt like the Mayor!!!!!!!
Just asking

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Will notification of this temporary Library Director
position be posted??

http://www.railslibraries.info/jobs/20120927/...
Is he temporary or permanent ?
Curious

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

<quoted text>
They need more voters, not just you. Not everyone thinks they are great. Gatz is a Turn Coat, Jenks not running.Smart man. Pattie has done nothing for all the years she has been on the board. Getty is the best candidate for Mayor. Don't like it, Get out of Dodge.
Dont' forget the president didn't win by a large margin only by 40 or 50 more votes, so don't get so cocky!!!!!!!!
Who knows

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Just asking wrote:
Will notification of this temporary Library Director
position be posted??
http://www.railslibraries.info/jobs/20120927/...
Is he temporary or permanent ?
Don't know.
Huh

Oak Lawn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Why is this posted in the Chicago Ridge Topix?
Books

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Why are there people in the Library today?
Confused

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Huh wrote:
Why is this posted in the Chicago Ridge Topix?
What comment ?????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

River Forest Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

River Forest People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••