Maywood gang member who mistakenly killed teen gets 45 years fo...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

A Maywood man was sentenced Monday to 45 years in prison for fatally shooting a 16-year-old he mistook for a gang rival in March 2004.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
nelly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

Judged:

This is the very reason why the senseless killings have to stop! This boy killed this innocent young man and it was not even who he thought it was and even if it was it still does'nt jestify what he did. These young people need a lot of redirection and guidance. My sincere prayers go out to the family of both of these young men. Both families have been affected by this terrible incident.
Carl in Chicago

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

Forty-five years, huh?

On "good behavior" when will he be up to be granted parole? Out in 10?

Ninety-three percent of murderers in Chicago have prior criminal histories. I say our justice system is too soft on these people.
Blue State

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

45 years? And with "good behavior" is does that mean 20? Why aren't murders automatic life sentences? Talk about justice, what a joke.

And we wonder why people resort to revenge killings; because they know the "justice" system will hand out candy instead.
Sooo

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

Judged:

Gang banging is a mental illness and should be treated as such...
Still Pissed off

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

Wheres the outrage for the victims family?Oh I for got,It's just black on black so Jeese and the Rev.Al ain't tooooooo much intrested.My heart goes out to the family.Please have Faith and hopefully God will watch over you and yours.
oyyyyyy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

Judged:

Would he have gotten more time if he KILLED HIM ON PURPOSE?
DEVO

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2007

I live in a neighborhood where these kind of tragedies are commonplace. I hope this "thing" serves every second of those 45 years.
Carl in Chicago

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2007

Sooo wrote:
Gang banging is a mental illness and should be treated as such...
"Gang banging" or gang activity as generally understood in urban settings embodies illegal (criminal) behavior. In as much as gang banging carries out and perpetuates criminal behavior, it's not a mental illness. It represents the conscientious choices of individual people, against which civil people, including law enforcement, need to act.

Gang bangers don't need treatment - they need eradication.
brokenhearted judy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2007

Judged:

Chicago you need Judges and better juries and you need to execute these scum bags A.S.A.P.
joan

Hinsdale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2007

Judged:

Adults have to start being more responsible for their children, way too many women are raising children on their own - and why they keep having more is beyond irresponsible.
How different so many lives would be if both parents were in the home and raising their children. Men, keep it in your pants until you are willing to be a real father, and women get on some birth control. You can't blame society for sexual irresponsibility. So many kids would turn out to be wonderful members of society if their parents would stop blaming everyone else and be responsible.
taurus

Lake Villa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2007

Judged:

Carl in Chicago wrote:
Forty-five years, huh?
Ninety-three percent of murderers in Chicago have prior criminal histories. I say our justice system is too soft on these people.
You are correct carl. This system sucks. It needs to be changed for anyone with more than two (2) convictions of anything, it should be an AUTOMATIC 20 yr sentence. Let them think about what they did for 20 years..
nelly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2007

Judged:

Carl in Chicago wrote:
Forty-five years, huh?
You serve %100 of your sentence for murder in Illinois. No chance of him getting out for 45 yrs.
GOON SKKUAD

Bensenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2009

Judged:

HELL YEA GOON SKKUAD WE TAKEN OVA BABY CANT MESS WIT US
Richard Walton

Sullivan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

Judged:

Being a long time resident of maywood who got out I know what I'm talking about when i say it's not just maywood it's also the people they blame the police who should share the blame ,they're as crooked as they can be, ex officer harrold jenkins to just name one I hope that a**hole will die in prison for the things I know he's done frist hand. The people of maywood cry about the gangs drugs and death but it,s their sons brothers uncles and they know it, but they wont turn them in. It was a nice place when mt family moved their in the late 70's now it should be burned to the ground with every one in it.
Richard Walton

Sullivan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

hey Tim Curry when did you make commander remember when you arrested me in front of my own house for no reason behind that harrold jenkins thing that you all knew about and then lied to cover it up. WE grew up together I couldnt believe you did that to me.
Richard Walton

Sullivan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

Judged:

I feel for the family. but the killer good luck to yah don't drop the soap. he's were he belongs.
Moskie

Maywood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

Carl in Chicago wrote:
Forty-five years, huh?
They aint being 2 soft dude 16years old wen he get out half of his life is gone so thats good of enough punishment anyway
Moskie

Maywood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

They aint soft on us children its just that he is 16 so wen he get out his life will go gone,i think thats a good enough punishment, plus he has no education didnt even graduated from school. its crazy to say i new this kid.
American Citizen

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

Why choose a gang? Why not make up your own cult based on your own ideal world view?
A leader in a tough hood could create a cult and make their own rules, their own language (like Avatar) and it could become a secret society like Skull & Bones (ex-Prez Bush). Like Guardian Angels-
Yoder

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

American Citizen wrote:
Why choose a gang? Why not make up your own cult based on your own ideal world view?
A leader in a tough hood could create a cult and make their own rules, their own language (like Avatar) and it could become a secret society like Skull & Bones (ex-Prez Bush). Like Guardian Angels-
John Kerry was also a memeber of Skull and Bones.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 4:25AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
River Forest Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

River Forest Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000