Cook County Sheriff's Training Academy provides a real 'police day'

There are 6 comments on the Examiner.com story from Mar 14, 2010, titled Cook County Sheriff's Training Academy provides a real 'police day'. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Since retiring as an active law enforcement officer almost two years ago I have not had many "police days". These are days where you find yourself in the middle of "the fire" unexpectedly or a situation where your pride in the noblest of professions is once again reignited.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

HCResident

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 18, 2010
As a resident of Hazel Crest is great to see the Hazel Crest Police Department represented in a truly professional way. Way to go Chief Folliard, keep up the great work. Chief Folliard is a very respected man through out the suburbs and the City of Chicago. We need to keep him around for as long as he wants.
sankofa

Lansing, IL

#2 Mar 24, 2010
HCResident wrote:
As a resident of Hazel Crest is great to see the Hazel Crest Police Department represented in a truly professional way. Way to go Chief Folliard, keep up the great work. Chief Folliard is a very respected man through out the suburbs and the City of Chicago. We need to keep him around for as long as he wants.
Ditto. Imagine if the four majority trustees had gotten their way, and had fired Folliard, simply because he had been hired under Donaldson's administration, and because he didn't live within the boundaries that the majority trustees suddenly felt the need to impose upon him! I'm so thankful that Mayor Donaldson stood up for Folliard. He's been an excellent Chief, and a definite asset to our Village.
Not Accurate

AOL

#3 Mar 26, 2010
Lets be real, IF Nthe chief would have been let go, it would have been for the reason that HE DOES NOT LIVE WITHIN the PRESCRIBED BOUNDRIES of residency for Hazelcrest. Which he still is in violation. But What can you say. The chief is qualified no argument there, but he needs to follow the rules like everyone else.
sankofa

Lansing, IL

#4 Mar 26, 2010
Not Accurate wrote:
Lets be real, IF Nthe chief would have been let go, it would have been for the reason that HE DOES NOT LIVE WITHIN the PRESCRIBED BOUNDRIES of residency for Hazelcrest. Which he still is in violation. But What can you say. The chief is qualified no argument there, but he needs to follow the rules like everyone else.
The boundary rules had been changed, and the new trustees and Alsberry wanted to apply the "old" rules to the chief. It was their excuse to get rid of one more person that was hired under the Mayor's authority. The only reason the Chief wasn't let go is because they couldn't do what they wanted to do. I don't doubt that they're now as pleased with the Chief's performance as everyone else is.
HCR

United States

#5 Mar 27, 2010
Sankofa, I mean Mayor stop posting OK.......
sankofa

Lansing, IL

#6 Mar 28, 2010
HCR wrote:
Sankofa, I mean Mayor stop posting OK.......
LOL. You think I'M the Mayor. I'm saving your comment to show to my family!!! If only you knew how wrong you are, you'd hide your face in shame!!! Especially if you knew or could see who I am!!! The truth is, I don't even support the Mayor as much as I despise what this new board, under the guidance of Vernard Alsberry, has done to our community. I remember the day the new board members were installed, when there was still hope that they and the Mayor would work together to continue to build upon our community. That very evening, the crude and uncivil manner in which their supporters acted, should have been a warning about what was to come; but I was still surprised by how much damage they could do in such a short time. The Mayor has not been helpful in mitigating this damage, not only because he has no power but also in his tendency to whine and complain, which only diminishes him even more. So No, I'm not Mayor Donaldson, not even close! But I am someone who loves my Village and who hates what's happening to it; and I will continue to speak out against it!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
15th ave adult bookstore (Oct '11) 53 min Low-end 912
What happened to the Hillside Shopping Center? (Mar '08) 18 hr High on a Hillside 559
Ultimate Towing Ripoff Near Park Ridge (Jun '11) Fri Chelsy 11
I am Tim the clown Fri TlMfromEvanston 1
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) Fri 30 THOUSAND REWARD 1,510
RIver Grove Gangs (Oct '10) May 20 that guy by himself 59
when will we get underpass (Jul '12) May 20 brjz 39
More from around the web

River Forest People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]