The great track trek

The great track trek

There are 3 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 21, 2008, titled The great track trek. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Shhhhh. There's the animal. Let's stay quiet and watch--don't spook it, now. Observe how it approaches the source of food.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

John Vellos

Denver, CO

#1 Feb 22, 2008
What a refreshing, great article, especially the part about the Des Plaines River and Paul Klonowski, the steward of the river. Have I seen his name before?
Jon

Hammond, IN

#2 Feb 22, 2008
You never know what kind of wildlife you will encounter in Chicago. I have seen skunk, opossum, raccoon, walking sticks, preying manits and heron all within the City limits.
reza santorini

Skokie, IL

#3 Feb 22, 2008
We have an abundance of great animals. Many are in the forest preserves. I love the long footed herons and ibis up in the skokie woods in the lagoons.

We should treasure this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No more Maria SS Lauretana festival in Berwyn a... (Aug '15) 14 hr rico 65
Berwyn First - Re-Elect Robert J. Lovero (Mayor) 14 hr rico 5
News Community rallies around beaten South Elgin boy Thu Henry supporter 4
Oral sex? Thu Club member 5
mike rossi and david cram (Jul '12) Thu Delson 91
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) Thu Wonderful News 9,571
News Stickney trustee resigns from Lyons school board (Feb '14) Thu Stand Up Speak up 5

River Forest Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Forest Mortgages