Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

elvis wrote:
<quoted text>thx for info man thats ashame use to be so nice there 30 yrs ago'why did cicero and chicago let them take over like that.why did the ppl let them do this'everone just move away and let them have it'i hope thay get run off like that by blacks dam shame 'i wont go back to visit man whats wrong with the ppl scard or what GO HOME mexs to your slumie country.....
Wow your racist ... People like you make me throw up.! Wat has society gone to? I'm Mexican and I live in a white and black neighboor hood and it's really trashy not all Mexicans are dirty we happen to be clean unlike yu drunken whites
Not a happy resident

Cicero, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

As of now, the area between Ogden and Pershing west of Laramie is still somewhat safe to walk in. The north end, especially east of Austin Blvd and north of the train yard is not safe. North of Cermak, it is not even safe to bicycle through, either, especially in the neighborhoods of Warren Park, Parkholme Park, and Grant Works.
Great town

Cicero, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

This town is truly amazing. There is alot to learn from, it has many different races, even though many of them are hispanic cicero has other races such as caucasions, african americans and polish people. There are so many cultures in cicero and even Al Capone was there!! Yes cicero is far from being "the best town in the world" but c'mon, what town is perfect?? There is violence and gangs in every town and some towns are even worse than cicero.
its alright to be white

Justice, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

cicero is a slum....get out while you still can
Allen

Lyons, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Omg, i use to live in Cicero, i moved when i was about 7 , im 14 now. I use to live on 35th and Central. Its nice , i like it there. I moved over to Evanston by Uptown, i havent been to Cicero sincw then.
mrsrios917

Berwyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

get a life wrote:
<quoted text>Are you crazy, town is full of scummy Mexicans. They came in like cockroaches and destroyed everything. Stay away not safe at all.
ur mother obviously didnt raise you well...you are the cockaroach! did u mean all this country was the native americans till everybody came and took it from them..if you are not native american then shut the fuck up you ignorant piece of shit! my husband is white and is married to me because he is ashamed of his people...people like you!
papers

New Albany, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

mrsrios917 wrote:
<quoted text>
ur mother obviously didnt raise you well...you are the cockaroach! did u mean all this country was the native americans till everybody came and took it from them..if you are not native american then shut the fuck up you ignorant piece of shit! my husband is white and is married to me because he is ashamed of his people...people like you!
no your husband probely merried you for money you paid him so you could get your papers go back home weeback this is amireca not mexico ....
yup

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Not a happy resident wrote:
As of now, the area between Ogden and Pershing west of Laramie is still somewhat safe to walk in. The north end, especially east of Austin Blvd and north of the train yard is not safe. North of Cermak, it is not even safe to bicycle through, either, especially in the neighborhoods of Warren Park, Parkholme Park, and Grant Works.
how does it look around the old cicero grade school i see the old westerelectric field is now the new police staton-court house 'i loved playing softball there when i was a kid.we would walk all the way up cermak to the plaza goofing off as kids no troubel no were' bet you cant do that now unless your a mex
flunk mexs

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

papers wrote:
<quoted text> no your husband probely merried you for money you paid him so you could get your papers go back home weeback this is amireca not mexico ....
go back h.e.l.l. thay cant there goverment would kill them'i never heard of any mex going back..
flunk mexs

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Great town wrote:
This town is truly amazing. There is alot to learn from, it has many different races, even though many of them are hispanic cicero has other races such as caucasions, african americans and polish people. There are so many cultures in cicero and even Al Capone was there!! Yes cicero is far from being "the best town in the world" but c'mon, what town is perfect?? There is violence and gangs in every town and some towns are even worse than cicero.
so tired of mexs pulling Al copone out of there butts'that was in the 30's i wish he was still alive cicero wouldit be like it is now'he controled and kept trash like you out..
Pistol Packin Pete

Nokomis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

I used to go through Cicero,over twenty years ago.I never had any problems,But on the same token I would always be carrying some thing just in case.
La Compania

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Lol dumb racist pieces of shit..
talk big

Yawkey, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

La Compania wrote:
Lol dumb racist pieces of shit..
hey paco what if we took over your cripie country; oh thats right you trashie ppl ;dont even want to live there' no welfare there i see
Joey

Cicero, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

All this talk about Mexicans.. It's a shame how easily people forget the bad connotations associated with Italians in the past. Italians were seen just as bad as Mexicans early in the 20th century. Corruption was rampant and the town was ran by al Capone. Cicero in the 70s and 80s was an extremely racially charged town. The racist Italians, whom easily forgot their own prejudice, marched against dr king and civil rights movement. Cicero was notorious in the US.
Philip n

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Not all whites are racist and feel that way. Good for them that they live out of state. We don't want those racist people in Illinois.
Philip n

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Nothing but hill Billy's in WV
Proud Latina

Berwyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

flunk mexs wrote:
<quoted text>so tired of mexs pulling Al copone out of there butts'that was in the 30's i wish he was still alive cicero wouldit be like it is now'he controled and kept trash like you out..
You're right, those were different times. Today, we wouldn't throw a brick at Martin Luther King. We wouldn't forget or repress our heritage languages, like many Italians and Polish people did with their children. We are revitalizing a town with many businesses, a town that otherwise would be dying with very old buildings, stores and houses. You are full of hate, and now you have found a new target. Hate does not lead to growth, neither to progress. Hope some day you learn to live in this world.
toney boil

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

no not hate i dont think i nation of ppl should take over a town' that was a great place to live 30 yrs ago' you bring your gangs there all mex stores' how would your country feel if we came there and took over.i hope another ppls come and take it from you peeps

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent River Forest Discussions

Search the River Forest Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min Religionthebiglie 48,900
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr All better now 3,830
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 4 hr Claribel Dominguez 1,158
Gangs of Elmwood Park 6 hr joey 1
What happened to the Hillside Shopping Center? (Mar '08) 8 hr High on a Hillside 510
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 17 hr Question 8,163
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Thu KrisChristie 1,856
•••
•••
•••
River Forest Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

River Forest Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000