Falls, Stow and Hudson join to lure new hospital

Full story: Akron Beacon Journal

Cuyahoga Falls, Hudson and Stow are offering to purchase and fix up property along state Route 8 and Seasons Road to lure a new full-service hospital.
Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Apr 26, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 07

Akron, OH

#1 Apr 25, 2008
This should prove to be interestin'.

It is interestin' to note, that the leaders of those three communities, are jes' a tad more developement savy, than Akron,s city hall hero.

Those 3 communities, in essence, will be spendin'$8500 per job, that the hospital will employ.

Compared to Akron, who paid over $34,000 per job, to keep Goodyear.
Wonder

United States

#2 Apr 25, 2008
I thought Robart was a jerk and idiot and couldn't work with or be trusted by other mayors. oh, that's just the one mayor who is always right. The one in downtown Akron.
Oh No

Millersburg, OH

#3 Apr 25, 2008
Ever notice the blinding "yellow" landscaping along Route 8 near the interchange ... half of which is dead? Thank you Mayor Don "P" ... you spent $1.2 million for that landscaping to a company in COLUMBUS! What, our local landscaping companies aren't any good? When it all died the first time ... duh, salt does damage plants ... you paid them again to come back and replace it. Oh, Akron ... you should be up in arms!
Disillusioned

Akron, OH

#4 Apr 25, 2008
Wonder wrote:
I thought Robart was a jerk and idiot and couldn't work with or be trusted by other mayors. oh, that's just the one mayor who is always right. The one in downtown Akron.
I totally agree with your comments. Mayor Robart has the interests of Cuyahoga Falls and what will best benefit the city as whole. Unlike our "Donald" who is only looking to sell his buddies a prime piece of land for a $1.00 or overlooking a default loan from another buddy who happens to be a millionaire.
2sides2everythin g

Akron, OH

#5 Apr 25, 2008
Hummm .... Lurking on the other side of this coin is the question: What happens to Falls General Hospital - which is also part of the Summa System??
Oh No

Millersburg, OH

#6 Apr 25, 2008
2sides2everything wrote:
Hummm .... Lurking on the other side of this coin is the question: What happens to Falls General Hospital - which is also part of the Summa System??
Another brilliant idea from Summa -- close Cuyahoga Falls General, but keep the flailing St. Thomas open. At least CFG is in a decent neighborhood where you can part and not feel threatened ... unlike St. Thomas. Go figure!
blank

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#7 Apr 25, 2008
Oh No wrote:
<quoted text>
Another brilliant idea from Summa -- close Cuyahoga Falls General, but keep the flailing St. Thomas open. At least CFG is in a decent neighborhood where you can part and not feel threatened ... unlike St. Thomas. Go figure!
Summa has not decided as of yet what to do with CFGH. There are many departments within that facility that will remain with summa and not go with the new physician owned hospital.

Crystal clinic is building an orthopedic hospital in Akron. It too will be a for profit hospital. The orthopedic surgeries will be moved from St. Thomas to there. St. Thomas will more then likely just be a psych hospital. It will no longer be an ortho hosp.
blank

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#8 Apr 25, 2008
Oh No wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a shame that not more people felt that way about CFGH. Maybe if more people would go there, they wouldn't have so many empty beds. Majority of the residence of CF do not go to CFGH. That might explain the low census.
RNforlife

Akron, OH

#9 Apr 25, 2008
All the blogs from yesterday were erased! I'm really concerned about a for profit hospital where doctors own a chunk. That cannot be good for patients no matter how you slice it. From the blogs yesterday, Summa was strong armed into joining in. Is this really a good thing for patients? Maybe all the doctors could just be hired by Summa since they seem to be doing this because they need the money.
One leg

Akron, OH

#10 Apr 25, 2008
blank wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a shame that not more people felt that way about CFGH. Maybe if more people would go there, they wouldn't have so many empty beds. Majority of the residence of CF do not go to CFGH. That might explain the low census.
That hospital is terrible and this new Stow Falls Hospital is just placing the old hospital in new location. Be afraid.
blank

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#11 Apr 25, 2008
RNforlife wrote:
All the blogs from yesterday were erased! I'm really concerned about a for profit hospital where doctors own a chunk. That cannot be good for patients no matter how you slice it. From the blogs yesterday, Summa was strong armed into joining in. Is this really a good thing for patients? Maybe all the doctors could just be hired by Summa since they seem to be doing this because they need the money.
Summa was not strong armed into doing this. There have been discussing this for over a year. The doctors do not want to sell their practices to Summa. I really do not believe this is a bad thing. As much as I would hate to lose CFGH, I don't think patient care will be compromised because the doc's own part of the building.
blank

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#12 Apr 25, 2008
RNforlife wrote:
heres the blog from yesterday

http://www.topix.com/forum/source/akron-beaco...
Oh No

Millersburg, OH

#13 Apr 25, 2008
One leg wrote:
<quoted text>
That hospital is terrible and this new Stow Falls Hospital is just placing the old hospital in new location. Be afraid.
CFGH is a great hospital ... heck of a lot better than Akron General. By the way, are you aware Akron General sends their CAT scans, MRI's and other xrays to Australia to be read?
Oh No DO

Akron, OH

#14 Apr 25, 2008
Oh No wrote:
<quoted text>
CFGH is a great hospital ... heck of a lot better than Akron General. By the way, are you aware Akron General sends their CAT scans, MRI's and other xrays to Australia to be read?
Did you have your brain surgery at CFGH....sure seems like it....maybe have another at the new hospital and you won't be able to type
Doug

Cleveland, OH

#15 Apr 25, 2008
Oh No wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not anything new.
blank

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#16 Apr 25, 2008
One leg wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it will not be the same hospital.
skeptive

Branford, FL

#17 Apr 25, 2008
blank wrote:
<quoted text>
Summa was not strong armed into doing this. There have been discussing this for over a year. The doctors do not want to sell their practices to Summa. I really do not believe this is a bad thing. As much as I would hate to lose CFGH, I don't think patient care will be compromised because the doc's own part of the building.
First of all the doctors that started this don't have to sell their practices. I think this is obvious as they are the ones funding the project. Go change bedpan
blank

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#18 Apr 25, 2008
skeptive wrote:
<quoted text>First of all the doctors that started this don't have to sell their practices. I think this is obvious as they are the ones funding the project. Go change bedpan
Do you not read??????????

My statement was in response to....

RNforlife wrote:
From the blogs yesterday, Summa was strong armed into joining in. Is this really a good thing for patients? Maybe all the doctors could just be hired by Summa since they seem to be doing this because they need the money.

I don't do bedpans. It's pretty obvious you know nothing with regards to this. You just like to get on here and insult people. Especially people who know what they are talking about. You obviously don't care to know any of the facts.
Radiologue

Akron, OH

#19 Apr 25, 2008
Oh No wrote:
<quoted text>
Cuhahoga Falls Hospital is a dump. The staff are good but they did not even know their hospital was being shut down so that the docs could make more money. Scans at AGMC and thousands of hospitals are preliminarily read by a system called Nighthawk and then read again by an AGMC radiologist. All scans are read twice so that is great for patients.
blank

Kent, OH

#20 Apr 25, 2008
Radiologue wrote:
<quoted text>
Cuhahoga Falls Hospital is a dump. The staff are good but they did not even know their hospital was being shut down so that the docs could make more money. Scans at AGMC and thousands of hospitals are preliminarily read by a system called Nighthawk and then read again by an AGMC radiologist. All scans are read twice so that is great for patients.
The employees have been informed of the doctors forming a group to build a new hospital. What the employees don't know is what Summa will do with CFGH. There are many departments that will not go to the new facility.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rittman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 min xxxrayted 30,482
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 20 Marvin Levels 188
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug 2 gary 2,230
Downtown Seville Jul 30 Mee 2
Misuse of Funds (May '06) Jul 30 Mee 3
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul '14 They cannot kill ... 231
Doylestown Music Emporium (Oct '12) Jul '14 Musikologist 9
•••
•••
•••

Rittman Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rittman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••