Veterans' burials nonstop at national...

Veterans' burials nonstop at national cemeteries

There are 31 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from May 24, 2008, titled Veterans' burials nonstop at national cemeteries. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The scene at the Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery is repeated nationwide more than 100 times a day. Military veterans are being buried at such a rapid rate that national cemeteries use heavy equipment to make room.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#1 May 24, 2008
and for what? "war on terrorism" is a sham.. these soldiers are dying for nothing... cheney failed in his sick plan to grab lots of cheap oil

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#2 May 24, 2008
Coolmind wrote:
and for what? "war on terrorism" is a sham.. these soldiers are dying for nothing... cheney failed in his sick plan to grab lots of cheap oil
As a veteran, your remarks are offensive to me, especially at this time of honoring those that have fallen in battle.

I get it that you have no respect nor liking for Bush and his administration, and that is your right, one which me and my fellow veterans have served to protect, but why must you feel it necessary to disrespect those that have answered their country's call to duty?

Whether you agree or not, these men and women are dying to protect your way of life and your right to spew your displeasure in our government.

Give them the respect they deserve and keep your anti-Bush remarks to the political forums.
Mad Dog

San Diego, CA

#3 May 24, 2008
Coolmind wrote:
Please read the article before posting.

This is about the Veteran of WWII, Korea and Vietnam. In the 90's while I was on active duty I scheduled and performed funeral honors for many Veterans in the Denver area.

Check your Iraqi political agenda at the door clown.

“Don't Get Mad, Get Silly”

Since: Mar 08

God Bless Our Troops

#4 May 24, 2008
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
As a veteran, your remarks are offensive to me, especially at this time of honoring those that have fallen in battle.
I get it that you have no respect nor liking for Bush and his administration, and that is your right, one which me and my fellow veterans have served to protect, but why must you feel it necessary to disrespect those that have answered their country's call to duty?
Whether you agree or not, these men and women are dying to protect your way of life and your right to spew your displeasure in our government.
Give them the respect they deserve and keep your anti-Bush remarks to the political forums.
Right on!!! Great post!

Since: Sep 07

Arlington, VA

#5 May 24, 2008
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not give them ANY respect because they do not warrant any respect. The truth of the world is that if we DIDN'T HAVE THE ARMY, NAVY AND AIR FORCE ANYMORE..... our country would still be pretty damn safe with our nuclear weapons.
Those are MORE than enough to keep ANY country from attacking us. As to people like the Taliban and Al-Qaida.... not really a very big threat.

They have killed about....... how many people? 5,000 in the past 40 YEARS that Al-Qaida has been around in the United States, and NONE by the Taliban in our country? Seems to me like they are FAILURES at doing anything that would really damage our country.
This is an issue that would be better solved with plain old FBI, CIA and police tactics. NOT with military force.

People keep on spouting the bullshit that "They are dying to protect your freedom!" No, they aren't. Right now, they are dying for a MANMAN's (George W. Bush's) view of a totally 'Christian' world and a world where our 'values' are forced on everyone else with threats of death.
No one has the right to do that. Not me, not you, not even any 'god'.
cappella

Gig Harbor, WA

#6 May 24, 2008
How come no one puts on the pomp and ceremony when an illegal alien dies? You know, he's the guy out picking my tomato, onions and slaughtering my Memorial day hamburger?
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

#7 May 24, 2008
Leria wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not give them ANY respect because they do not warrant any respect. The truth of the world is that if we DIDN'T HAVE THE ARMY, NAVY AND AIR FORCE ANYMORE..... our country would still be pretty damn safe with our nuclear weapons.
Those are MORE than enough to keep ANY country from attacking us. As to people like the Taliban and Al-Qaida.... not really a very big threat.
They have killed about....... how many people? 5,000 in the past 40 YEARS that Al-Qaida has been around in the United States, and NONE by the Taliban in our country? Seems to me like they are FAILURES at doing anything that would really damage our country.
This is an issue that would be better solved with plain old FBI, CIA and police tactics. NOT with military force.
People keep on spouting the bullshit that "They are dying to protect your freedom!" No, they aren't. Right now, they are dying for a MANMAN's (George W. Bush's) view of a totally 'Christian' world and a world where our 'values' are forced on everyone else with threats of death.
Any resemblance to you and a sane, clear headed thinking person just went down the toilet. Now go stand in a corner and repeat 100 times, I'm a fool!

Location hidden

#8 May 24, 2008
Leria wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so absolutely clueless that I wonder that you are even able to use a keyboard.

You can thank your teachers that you are able to do it in English and you need to thank the veterans for the mere fact that you are allowed to do it at all.

People of your ilk should be shipped off to places like Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran where you don't the rights to disagree with your government to learn some appreciation for the rights you have here.

While I may have served to protect your right to express your opinion, I have the right to disagree and even despise people such as yourself that have no appreciation for the people that sacrificed time, and in many instances, their lives to enable your lifestyle, your livelihood and your disrespectful opinions.
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

#9 May 24, 2008
cappella wrote:
How come no one puts on the pomp and ceremony when an illegal alien dies? You know, he's the guy out picking my tomato, onions and slaughtering my Memorial day hamburger?
He isn't picking mine! Don't you get it, illegals are non persons, they don't exist, so how can someone care about something that isn't here.
Mad Dog

San Diego, CA

#11 May 24, 2008
Leria wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't really believe what you posted?
Let me pose a few questions
Who mans the those Nuclear stations in China Pakistan, and Russia?
Hint, Not Civilians.

Have you ever sailed off the coast of Somalia?
Or perhaps the straits of Malacca?
Have you ever been held hostage by Pirates?

When the police knock on your door looking for suspects in a nearby crime, do you hide behind your wife or children.

Do you wear a burka? Do you want to?
Do you drive a car? Do you enjoy it?
Did you get an education? Was it worth it?
Do you face east and pray 5 times a day? Want to?
Do you deal with suicide bombers every day on your way to the store? You can.

See I get your point which is you don't like Bush,That's fine.

But you come off has a hypocrite. Because again you and your ilk post on the wrong threads and have no clue of the world surrounding you. You read news and watch TV and have never experienced anything outside your little fantasy island.

All your really doing is looking for playground bully to pick a fight with, in the form of your own country because you know it's safe and secure to do so.

Why, because of people like the ones featured in this article. Veteran of all conflicts and peace time operations.

So go ahead and post all your bile and filth and political agenda from the safety and security of your own home. Without fear of reprisal from the government. Unlike in some other countries you seem to be more envious of.

As your typing and on the internet as well you can thank two entities. Veterans and the US Military.
Mad Dog

San Diego, CA

#12 May 24, 2008
Oh and by the way I am a veteran.
USN 1985-2007 retired

God Bless Our Troops

#13 May 24, 2008
Mad Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't really believe what you posted?
Let me pose a few questions
Who mans the those Nuclear stations in China Pakistan, and Russia?
Hint, Not Civilians.
Have you ever sailed off the coast of Somalia?
Or perhaps the straits of Malacca?
Have you ever been held hostage by Pirates?
When the police knock on your door looking for suspects in a nearby crime, do you hide behind your wife or children.
Do you wear a burka? Do you want to?
Do you drive a car? Do you enjoy it?
Did you get an education? Was it worth it?
Do you face east and pray 5 times a day? Want to?
Do you deal with suicide bombers every day on your way to the store? You can.
See I get your point which is you don't like Bush,That's fine.
But you come off has a hypocrite. Because again you and your ilk post on the wrong threads and have no clue of the world surrounding you. You read news and watch TV and have never experienced anything outside your little fantasy island.
All your really doing is looking for playground bully to pick a fight with, in the form of your own country because you know it's safe and secure to do so.
Why, because of people like the ones featured in this article. Veteran of all conflicts and peace time operations.
So go ahead and post all your bile and filth and political agenda from the safety and security of your own home. Without fear of reprisal from the government. Unlike in some other countries you seem to be more envious of.
As your typing and on the internet as well you can thank two entities. Veterans and the US Military.
RO!! Another great reply!

Another Topix poster has a really good saying (i don't know if these are the exact words, but:

If you don't want to stand behind our soldiers, feel free to stand in front of them!

***God Bless ALL Military Service Men and Women Past and Present!!!!***

God Bless Our Troops

#14 May 24, 2008
Mad Dog wrote:
Oh and by the way I am a veteran.
USN 1985-2007 retired
Thank you for your brave and honorable service to our country and defending my freedom!!!!
leo from shanghai

Carrollton, MO

#15 May 25, 2008
after u.s. civil war robert e. lee's arlington virginia estate confiscated by government and made arlington national cemetery. george w. bush should be paid $1.00 and his crawford texas ranch turned into national military cemetery.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#16 May 25, 2008
Coolmind wrote:
Listen to a reality slap. I had a person fighting this war we are in now.....come to my home and stay a day or two.

I thanked her for fighting for my freedom. She summed me up and said. And I quote, "I am not fighting for your freedom...am fighting for theirs".

So there you have it.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Orion's Belt

#17 May 25, 2008
By the way, for all those fighting this war. Today, I give a bow to you and all my thanks.

I could never do what all of you have done. But if war ever came to this country, I would stand next to anyone of you and fight to my own death.

Thank you, is all I can say. You have done good!

Today is your day.....

Location hidden

#18 May 25, 2008
DC tells it like it is wrote:
By the way, for all those fighting this war. Today, I give a bow to you and all my thanks.
I could never do what all of you have done. But if war ever came to this country, I would stand next to anyone of you and fight to my own death.
Thank you, is all I can say. You have done good!
Today is your day.....
As a veteran, I'd be proud to have someone such as yourself fighting at my side.

My thanks to all that have answered the call to duty.
old vet

New Castle, PA

#19 May 25, 2008
Mad Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Please read the article before posting.
Such advice is only good for people who are rational.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Orion's Belt

#20 May 25, 2008
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
As a veteran, I'd be proud to have someone such as yourself fighting at my side.
My thanks to all that have answered the call to duty.
Your post gave me goose bumps and made me proud as h'ell ....

I'll gladly stand up next to you....and all you know.

My life and my children's life...is your's....

All of you .....being your's.

Is not enough day ....to thank you within.

My pride for you and all you serve with...is priceless. All the gold in creation could not to say.
bbBoomer

Gig Harbor, WA

#21 May 25, 2008
I wish my dad would have done me a sincere service if he would have got his ask blown off in WWII.
This isn't much of a life. Never was, never will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rittman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohio village considers retribution against pois... (Sep '13) Jul '16 Curious 5
News Village Councilwoman: Vandalism Was Politically... (May '11) Jul '16 Curious 5
News Village Councilwoman Says Vandalism Was Politic... (Mar '11) Jul '16 Curious 47
Debate: Abortion Debate - Seville, OH (Jan '12) Mar '16 Lahvohndah 2
News Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine: Regulate Int... (Mar '11) Feb '16 bre 5
Doylestown Music Emporium (Oct '12) Nov '15 Musikologist 12
man arrested on portage st (Nov '15) Nov '15 u marie monea 1

Rittman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rittman Mortgages