Walgreens Buying Pine Bluff-based USA...

Walgreens Buying Pine Bluff-based USA Drug Store Chain

There are 23 comments on the ArkansasMatters story from Jul 5, 2012, titled Walgreens Buying Pine Bluff-based USA Drug Store Chain. In it, ArkansasMatters reports that:

A Pine Bluff-based drug store chain is being bought by Walgreens. Walgreen Co. announced today that it has entered into an agreement to buy 144 stores currently operated under the USA Drug, Super D Drug, May's Drug, Med-X and Drug Warehouse stores located in Arkansas, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, Oklahoma and Tennessee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ArkansasMatters.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Miami, FL

#21 Jul 19, 2012
walgreen loyal wrote:
<quoted text>
haha, wags will destroy these stores as well, so get over it, death to mom and pops rx's--the evil dark lords have spoken--seriously why do people need their scripts filled so fast--call it in-pick it up later--if we didnt make you slackjaws wait for your scripts, you wouldnt be able to decide if you want the yoga garden frogs or that crazy stretched out garden frog that looks like it is posing for some frog pron magazine.....yeeeehaaawwwwwwww wwwwww!!
It might be the extra stores they need to send all the MGT'S that will not make it to ASM.Why acquire these stores?
Concerned too

Baxter Springs, KS

#22 Jul 19, 2012
Any update on what the plans are for the executive staff of USA Drug after sept 1?

United States

#23 Nov 29, 2012
Buck Walgreen wrote:
We don't like you very much either Melea.
Just shows what kind of person u are & store that you run, my Mother worked for USA Drug for almost 20 years. Applied to Walgreens to work there & help them get used to making deliveries among other things. She had over 13 customers of USA Drug telling her how much s:-) he will be missed, along with the pharmacists & other employees there. EVERYONE I spoke to ab Mr. Stephen LaFrance selling to Walgreens were very annoyed with the idea. Quite a few wrote letters to him as well. And as far as most of the stores being closed down, Walgreens told Mr. LaFrance that no changes would be made to the former employees pay, salary, seniority, etc. Every person in that store that got an interview came back very upset. Wanting to cut their pay by at least $3 hr. For the largest pharmacy chain in the country u would think they would pay the former employees what they were making. Just like they said they would. Well, u know they don't keep their word. Not to mention how they lack people skills & politeness. I could go on all day.......They do have great merchandise in their stores but what does that matter when you don't have a sweet, down to earth employee to help you with your purchase. I will say u will find much better employees on the floor of the store rather than inside the pharmacy. Needless to say, my Mother did not try accept a job at Walgreens....... Happy Holidays

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Entergy Scandals Oct 16 ThatGuy 6
Rhonda Barton, Horton, or what ever her real na... (Nov '11) Oct 14 AFF 19
Calvin Brown Oct 12 lawside 1
Boys Training School at Pine Bluff (May '11) Sep 29 Jon 38
News Police in 2 Arkansas cities look into clown sig... Sep 27 BlackOlivesMatter 1
Arkansas Court of Appeals Race Sep 21 Poll 1
bart gregory (Aug '12) Sep '16 Meghan Amoroso 4

Rison Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rison Mortgages