First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Country Boy

Port Deposit, MD

#22 Jan 10, 2013
No Sir if he was being called out and it ain't him I would tell him so he knows thats all

Since: Jan 13

Mount Wolf, PA

#23 Jan 23, 2013
Are you happy sitting at Rising Sun town meeting marathons for 2 hours as nothing gets accomplished? First Wilmapco looks for town hall's commitment to share bike trail expense and got lengthy nonsensical cross examination from Osborne who thinks she's Matlock. Then during 'public comment' the same attendees are pontificating to audience again wasting valuable time of our Mayor & Commissioners. I support free speech but stick to business please! When 'public comment' period is abused repeatedly as such then ejection becomes necessary. Sadly on video I saw how a P&Z member in audience, the camera operator and others thought the Chief's failure to eject was funny. When sitting Commissioners allow this to happen then maybe it is they who need to be removed from office to get something accomplished in Rising Sun Town Hall.

Wilmington, DE

#24 Feb 13, 2013
Oh Country BOY, you're Barry Montgomery aren't you? Thanks for screwing us residents of Rising Sun, you are no more country boy than rich incompetent scumbag developer. If you weren't so damn delusional in naming your developments and streets after yourself maybe you could make a contribution to our town that doesn't cost Rising Sun taxpayers any money or dignity. You can start by paving the streets in Maple Heights and building a school bus stop shelter there. Read more for another helping about your idiocy and greed:

In 2/12/13 Whig-rag, Rising Sun town officials say they will save a million dollars on lesser quality pipe to put reclaimed water in Rising Sun taps from Chester County (hope you like chlorine & flouride). Reality is nobody at town hall could come up with bogus numbers like that. Rising Sun didn't estimate $7 million for this pipeline or pipedream as it might be, engineers did, ones hired by Calvin Bonenberger and Town attorney Jay Gullo (not RS residents) specifically to accommodate Chester Water.

Shouldn't Rising Sun Mayor Fisher make a big announcement like this? after all, Fisher was elected by a majority of Rising Sun voters but Fisher could not because he was censured after remnants of Mumey and Cox regimes took all the Mayor's power and duties and gave them to Town Administrator Bonenberger, essentially changing Rising Sun Town Charter without one public notice. Then Bonenberger changed locks on town hall to keep Mayor Fisher out. Is this democracy? NO it isn't, but that's how Mumey, Pierson, Callahan and Cox cover up their mistake of making verbal commitments to developers during secret Executive meetings where what was said is now sealed from public eyes. This is taxation without representation and those responsible need to be investigated and prosecuted!!!
RSResident

Doylestown, PA

#25 Feb 22, 2013
americangardener,
I don't understand your comments sometimes I watched the tapes from these Town meetings and agree portions of it are long , dragged out and frankly pathetic . But I watched the tape and saw your friend Berkowitch " Second " Osbournes support letter Then I filed a freedom of information request like you said with the Town and found out Mayor Fisher signed it , not just a letter either a resolution of support why won't you denounce them like Mumey and Pierson ?? Hypocritical to me that you don't .

Wilmington, DE

#26 Feb 23, 2013
Dear RSResident, Let me help you understand. Mayor Fisher was forced to sign 2012 "Letter of Support" to ask Maryland to finance Maple Hts Apts II because Rising Sun's Commissioners (Osborne, Berkowich & Naughton) stupidly voted for it but Mr.Fisher is required to sign it as our elected Mayor. I don't believe Fisher wanted to.
But going back to 2011 "Letter of Support" signed by then "acting" Mayor Thomas S. Mumey which I do have copies, Mumey did so without approval of Commissioners or any vote from what I've seen in any posted meeting minutes.
My opinion places blame where it belongs on Mumey and his buddies with help from Bonenberger who acted to approve Maple Hts Apts II and to change Rising Sun's Town Charter without due process. That amounts to taxation without representation. Keeping Cox, Mumey and fiends out of town hall is justifiable because every lawsuit against Town of Rising Sun is traced back to what they did or didn't do. Please underline "every lawsuit".
I also hope you understand that Bonenberger is by far the highest paid Town Administrator in MD for a town of our size and now wants 5% from all grants made to this town. Part of his job is to ask for grants. If old Boney gets Maple Hts Apts a grant he will get 5% off the top to go along with his $90K salary and new car! Like he just won a friggin lottery! Real RS residents, please stand up.
DyingBreed

Fort Worth, TX

#27 Feb 23, 2013
Lets try to keep this civil, guys. Lets debate the issues, not tear each other down. Personal attacks do not resolve anything, they only cause more drama.

I grew up in Rising Sun, and I love the place - yes, it saddens me to watch it become more and more developed, and it seems to be less friendly every time I come home for a visit. Fortunately there are still a few good people around.
I like to be able to go into Greenhurst and see Rusty still cranking out the best subs on earth. I liked to be able to go to small places like Creegers and Western Auto for things I need and I liked to know the people behind the counter. These were/are good people - the little guys that are becoming more rare every day. These are the kind of guys that make RS a great place to live.
Giant places like Martins and Walmart are killing the little guys. Developments are destroying the open land that I loved and the woods I used to play in. I come home every six months or so and get to see the changes all at once - fewer friendly faces and a small town that looks bigger and more corporate all the time. But I digress.

I, in the past, hoped to move home in a year or two and buy a house in town - but now I don't know that I will. It just doesn't seem a welcome place for good 'ol boys like me anymore.

Compared to the path the town had been taking, Fisher gave me a little hope that RS could be preserved as the town I loved. I understand that some of his decisions have put the town in a bind, but these things can be worked through - and the town could be better off for it, in my opinion.

I guess it comes down to what you really want. Do you want the small town, or do you want the small city? Do you want RS to be the next Elkton? If you want RS bigger and more city-like, or if you want more money in your pocket, I can understand if you want Rising Sun to grow - for the farms to become developments and the small business to become supercenters.
However, if you want the town to stay small, work together to do what you can to keep it that way.

I hope you choose the latter.
RSResident

Philadelphia, PA

#28 Feb 23, 2013
americangardener
I have no clue who you are if your a relative or just a supporter of Mayor Fisher , or not it truly doesn't matter but my opinion is based on watching the tapes they changed the signature ability of documents because he wasn't signing the documents they passed so they let osbourne sign as vise mayor but mayor fisher was willing to sign the maple heights documents that's weird plus I always see him at Montgomery's office in town I live right by there . I understand your position but do agree with you things have become pathetic .

Wilmington, DE

#29 Feb 24, 2013
I appreciate what you guys have said. I agree Rising Sun is a great town. I'm no relative of Fisher, I do respect him, he seems more genuine but I'm sure he does not deserve the grief he has been put thru to be Mayor. He hasn't had chance to do anything as Mayor because of actions from former and current town officials who lack transparency.

I'm for open govt not back room deals, if any of the clowns I have mentioned get a foot back in the door thats what will happen. We had one recently deposed commissioner with long rap sheet and others who think they know everything but lived here like 2 or 3 years so we really need more qualified people to get involved in town business as today its a free for all favoring ruthless developers and lawyers. How long will Risin Sun residents allow themselves to be threatened by rumors that if town does not allow Chester Water Authority to control Rising Sun water supply that RS taxpayers could pay 20 to 100 thousand dollars each to settle lawsuit. We must stop them from lying and best way to do that is vote Osborne and Naughton out this June.
BIGDADDYR

Johnson City, TN

#30 Mar 3, 2013
ok.here's one solution of many.why not proceed with a dog park,so alot of you can take your egos there and turn them loose.huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rising Sun Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MD Who do you support for Governor in Maryland in ... (Oct '10) 31 min mdactivist 186
Dirty Deals Tue Honor 1
ann ligget Sep 16 A FRIEND_ ONCE 1
Mayor of Rising Sun caught in a lie (Jul '13) Sep 16 Who me 41
Who should be the next Mayor of Rising Sun ? (Sep '13) Sep 15 Who me 28
congratulations to the first ever gay mayor of ... Sep 6 vince 9
Rising sun police chief chip Peterson fighting Sep 3 Ha HA 3
Rising Sun Dating
Find my Match

Rising Sun Jobs

Rising Sun People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rising Sun News, Events & Info