Sheriff's Race: Slater Picks up the P...

Sheriff's Race: Slater Picks up the Pace; Latecomers Penniless

There are 41 comments on the ceciltimes.wordpress.com story from Aug 28, 2010, titled Sheriff's Race: Slater Picks up the Pace; Latecomers Penniless. In it, ceciltimes.wordpress.com reports that:

A Dan Slater, a candidate for Cecil County Sheriff in the Republican primary, A picked up the pace of his fundraising and broadened his financial appeal to voters throughout the county in recent months.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ceciltimes.wordpress.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ballz to the Wallz

United States

#1 Aug 28, 2010
Slater has more money left than Sutton!
the whole truth

Fort Wayne, IN

#2 Aug 28, 2010
uh...sutton just had a fund raiser....and the whole idea to is to raise money to advertise near the end...isnt it? i see a lot more sutton signs than slate signs i looked at his report too...sutton bought more signs...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#3 Aug 28, 2010
the whole truth wrote:
uh...sutton just had a fund raiser....and the whole idea to is to raise money to advertise near the end...isnt it? I see a lot more sutton signs than slate signs I looked at his report too...sutton bought more signs...
Team Sutton give up now its not to late! Every one is on to you and what you stand for!
Time to stop

Macomb, MI

#4 Aug 28, 2010
Amen!!!!
Rising Sunner

Duluth, GA

#5 Aug 28, 2010
I am afraid it's to late guys. It will be Sutton vs Janney when it's all done. They have the money and the money talks. They are not the two best but they have the deepest pockets...

“Think & act in the positive.”

Since: May 10

USA

#6 Aug 29, 2010
How sad and pathetic it has become, that the value of a candidate is determined by number of signs.
Maybe the title should be changed to Sign Executive and the first assignment would be to remove all the signs that have proliferated like cockroaches, disgracing the beauty of our country side.

Location hidden

#7 Aug 29, 2010
BlessTheUSA wrote:
How sad and pathetic it has become, that the value of a candidate is determined by number of signs.
Maybe the title should be changed to Sign Executive and the first assignment would be to remove all the signs that have proliferated like cockroaches, disgracing the beauty of our country side.
What the hell does that got to do with any thing we are talking about? I did not know they have a computer at the nut hut for patients to use?Plese stop using my colors !

Location hidden

#8 Aug 29, 2010
Rising Sunner wrote:
I am afraid it's to late guys. It will be Sutton vs Janney when it's all done. They have the money and the money talks. They are not the two best but they have the deepest pockets...
The only thing you said right is Sheriff Janney will be at the end! Chris ( I can't have a debate without the anwsers to the questions before hand) Sutton is going down to Dewitt in September! It is not about money Janney is the only one runnig with (Experienced proven leadership)! Lets take a look at what the other Sheriff hopefuls have going for them? Dan (The weasel) Slater, he only holds the rank of a deputy first class and how long has he been working for the Sheriff's department and thats is far as he's advanced in that time! He has no supervisor training! Now let take Al (AKA Casper the ghost) Michaels. Can anyone tell me did he quit already because I have not seen him out talking about his plans, I seen about a handful of yard signs! That does not show me he wants the job of Sheriff that bad,so what hell kind of Sheriff would he make? You guest it half ass! Now Sutton him and his bunch! We all know what he's about dirty politics all the way from cheating at debates to knocking over peoples signs,threating people to vote for you and slandering canidates and there family's!Now Dewitt is a good guy with a lot of good ideas! I know him personaly and I think someday he will make a good Sheriff but Janney is the best choice!
Rising Sunner

Duluth, GA

#9 Aug 29, 2010
The only point I am trying to make is that the money buys the big signs and the big News paper adds. As wrong as it is, historically the big flashy advertisements influences the most average "uninformed" voter. That being said how anyone could be anything but frightened of SUTTONS huge face on a billboard is beyond me....
The Damn Truth

Mount Morris, MI

#10 Aug 29, 2010
Rising Sunner wrote:
The only point I am trying to make is that the money buys the big signs and the big News paper adds. As wrong as it is, historically the big flashy advertisements influences the most average "uninformed" voter. That being said how anyone could be anything but frightened of SUTTONS huge face on a billboard is beyond me....
Don't feel the need to explain he trashes everyone even the ones that agree with him. Then starts the Sutton is Satan thing. You can't agree or disagree with this guy without getting made fun of for some reason. You do have a good point.
Ballz to the Wallz

United States

#11 Aug 29, 2010
It is a shame when money makes a difference. It's our responsibility to get behind the best person for the job and help out. I always voice my support...WITHOUT forcing my beliefs on anyone else! I am not afraid to tell people that I support Dewitt or why I support Dewitt. Out of all of the candidates, he has done the most with the least. This is a great match for our county. We need to make the most out of what we have or don't. I don't think he entered the race too late...I think he entered the race JUST IN TIME! He has made more of an impact in the last 5 months with his campaign than Sutton has in 8 years. Why worry about burdening people with donations when you can advertise face to face? People don't have the money to give as before and if you look at the donations for Sutton, it's the same people over and over. So donate your voice to the campaign of your choice! Suggest a candidate and explain why he is the best.

Skip Dewitt is the best choice because:
He has 20 years experience with the citizens of Cecil County. He has Children in the School system and he wants to join resources with the BOE to focus on the drug problem in our schools. He is willing to come to the people and communicate. He isn't a small business owner so his priority is not his own personal gain. He does not have a pension to fall back on...being Sheriff is his primary career. More?

There are more positives than negatives in this campaign and I would like to see those ideas rather than who does steroids and who sleeps with anyones neighbor!
Rising Sunner

Duluth, GA

#12 Aug 29, 2010
I agree with you completely, I am a strong Al Michael backer, and work hard to convince others to support him. But I am also a realist and know his chances are slim. On the Democrat side as far as I'm concerned Skip is the only choice. I have known him for years and actually worked with his Dad. Fine people....
Rwb

Stevensville, MD

#13 Aug 29, 2010
Captain America 01 wrote:
<quoted text>What the hell does that got to do with any thing we are talking about? I did not know they have a computer at the nut hut for patients to use?Plese stop using my colors !
NOT YOUR COLORS unless you have copyright
I Do Believe

Wilmington, DE

#14 Aug 30, 2010
Money? Do you really think money will drive this campaign? This is a heated race between three candidates. If I were Slater, Michaels, or Gerczak...I would get behind another candidate and push like hell! Slater and Michael entered the race because they didn't like what was going on between Sutton and Sheriff Janney...they wanted to make a point. Point acknowledged! One can only guess that Gerczak has a problem with the current choices but it doesn't appear that he cares enough to say. Since the writing is on the wall and none of the three can pull off a win, uniting with another candidate would be the smartest move and the most helpful to the citizens of Cecil County. I hate to see Cecil County split six ways...
monopoly

Rising Sun, MD

#15 Aug 30, 2010
I can understand needing money for campaigning, however, this should not decide who will be Sheriff in Cecil County, right?

Some of you helped us with talking to other candidates that we really did not know, so thank you for this!

What else do we know about Slater?
I Do Believe

Wilmington, DE

#16 Aug 30, 2010
Besides the fact that Slater would still be in reverse if it wasn't for Mahan? We know that Slater started the race and made an offer to support Sutton if he would put him on his administration. Sutton said no. Slater doesn't attend functions unless it has to do with a forum. He does not communicate well and when he does, he inflates numbers to get his point across. He was corrected by States Attorney Chris Eastridge, at a recent forum, when he spoke about the crime rate. Slater has some good ideas but he doesn't have the "know how" or ambition to get them accomplished. Of Note: reading his resume, he doesn't stay focussed in one area for very long.
The TIME

United States

#17 Aug 30, 2010
Slater is NOT ready!

Location hidden

#18 Aug 30, 2010
The TIME wrote:
Slater is NOT ready!
Janney and Dewitt are!
just a voter

United States

#19 Aug 30, 2010
they've got a new item online at cecil times about Skip DeWitt's campaign fund. I read it here:

http://ceciltimes.wordpress.com/2010/08/30/sh...
Ballz to the Wallz

United States

#20 Aug 30, 2010
Nice piece about Dewitt. I like seeing that he is conservative with his funds! He seems resourceful in his campaign strategy. Can't wait to see the Sutton finance summary. Looks like a fiasco!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rising Sun Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rising Sun Officer Adam Dominick (Oct '15) Apr '17 Shmo 7
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Mar '17 Bill Grimes-Wyatt 20
Hoarders episode in North East (Apr '16) Mar '17 Courtre 5
Anyone know Brian Lloyd? Mar '17 ALTAdog 2
Looking for laborers in North East, MD Mar '17 rfernando 1
News Heroin Abuse in Cecil County, Maryland (Mar '09) Mar '17 No one 80
Review: TV Repairs -- Fast and Thrifty (Feb '11) Mar '17 Intercooler 6

Rising Sun Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rising Sun Mortgages