Speakership called state office

Speakership called state office

There are 1 comment on the A liberal dose story from Dec 15, 2007, titled Speakership called state office. In it, A liberal dose reports that:

AUSTIN -- The speaker of the Texas House is a statewide officeholder like the governor or lieutenant governor, but he can be removed from office without the necessity of going through the impeachment process, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at A liberal dose.

premier

Ennis, TX

#1 Dec 15, 2007
Mr C. seems to have forgotten he is an employee-no "absolute power" there. I am thinking it is time to have a limit on the terms of legislators. Maybe all of their employment should be terminated around the time of the next election.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rising-Star Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Historical society in Rising Star (Jan '13) Jan '13 Frances Crow 1
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Rising-Star, TX (Jun '12) Jun '12 John Smith 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Texas (Dis... (Oct '10) Oct '10 frances flournoy 2
News Carolan - Harris (Dec '09) Dec '09 Grammey 1
internet scam from albania (Nov '09) Nov '09 Paula Payton 1
looking for granddaughter (Dec '08) Apr '09 cdinkw 2
News Keller woman dies, 3 hurt when cement truck ove... (Apr '08) Apr '08 KathyL 1

Rising-Star Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rising-Star Mortgages