Jackson County Animal Shelter

Jackson County Animal Shelter

Posted in the Ripley Forum

Happy

Point Pleasant, WV

#1 May 9, 2012
All I can say is WOW! What a difference in the animal shelter since Katris got ran off. The ladies down there are great. They have great attidudes. Not only towards the visitors but towards the animals. You can tell they really care about the animals. Maybe now animals will get adopted and placed in great homes. No one has to worry about Katris coming and taking away animals for no reason other then personally out to make some one life hell. Making up fake stories and not caring about people and animals she hurt. Putting animals down just because she could. God bless the animal shelter staff they are a true blessing to those animals and all the future animals in need.
anyone know

New York, NY

#2 May 9, 2012
It's been heard that she embezzled money from the shelter and is in big trouble over it. But the county commission is trying to keep it hush hush
Upset

Point Pleasant, WV

#3 May 9, 2012
Its because she was taking a lot of peoples horses and other animals and the county was in on it. People was going over to the sheriffs office and filing complaints of animal abuse and neglect then them same people word be the ones who adopted out the animals brought in that they complained about. Sounds kind of fishy if you ask me. She needs to be punished and any one involoved in it does too.
Watcher

Point Pleasant, WV

#4 May 9, 2012
Welcome to Jackson County. This s**t hole will never change.
morgan

Normantown, WV

#5 May 9, 2012
Is it true they kill animals after they are there for so long?
Happy

Point Pleasant, WV

#6 May 9, 2012
Used to be but I don't think they do that now. They do a lot of fostering and right now they are not even taking in animals so they can adopt the ones they have now. I can say enough about how great the ladies are who is running it now.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7 May 9, 2012
I am so tired of our employees, City and County, being dishonest and being in cover-ups.
Don't say anything, it might hurt their feelings and they "might" get in trouble.
I want people to run for office who will call a spade a spade. I'm tired of men in skirts and this country is full of them in every branch of government.
Vote

Parkersburg, WV

#8 May 10, 2012
Vote different people in
countrygirl

United States

#9 May 11, 2012
deezknutz wrote:
I am so tired of our employees, City and County, being dishonest and being in cover-ups.
Don't say anything, it might hurt their feelings and they "might" get in trouble.
I want people to run for office who will call a spade a spade. I'm tired of men in skirts and this country is full of them in every branch of government.
I agree completely with you
countrygirl

United States

#10 May 11, 2012
Ripley needs to stop all their BS ! I hope the Shelter has change BUT I don't think it has I've saw this first handed AGAIN,,,It's all in who you know / how much money you have in this place!
LJMJET

Morgantown, WV

#11 May 13, 2012
Vote wrote:
Vote different people in
we vote the some people in office
k

United States

#12 May 13, 2012
No doubt
mrscat

United States

#13 May 17, 2012
Here lately the shelter is full of dogs and Ben turning pple away refusing to rake any animals. Maybe they have stopped killing and giving the dogs a chance to find Homes

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#14 May 29, 2012
They are turning animals away!!! Sad but they likely don't have resources they need!
fred

New Matamoras, OH

#15 Jul 11, 2012
the main humane officer is just like cindy now. she wants the power to kill the animals and is very rude to people. sad to say. they need to get rid of her like they did the other one.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#16 Jul 12, 2012
There are tons of animals running around but you can't even take any strays down because they say they are too full to take any more :|
momma rosa

New York, NY

#17 Jul 14, 2012
mrscat wrote:
Here lately the shelter is full of dogs and Ben turning pple away refusing to rake any animals. Maybe they have stopped killing and giving the dogs a chance to find Homes
I sure hope your right! That place was a joke before! It was about a pay check not the animals!! Hopefully its changing!!
Kimberly

Parkersburg, WV

#18 Jul 16, 2012
I volunteer there and it is a wonderful place the only time they put animals down is if they have bitten someone or the dog has been hit or has a disease that can't be treated otherwise no they don't! I love it down there spending time with all the dogs that need love and attention it makes a big difference when someone comes and let's them out to play and walk them I love it!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ripley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Hunt Girls 3 hr Brit 3
Cute gas guy 4 hr hey 17
Bob Evens 4 hr 4realz 5
Who is Farm Dog? 5 hr Hmmmm 10
Mitch Carmichael feeling the Heat 6 hr gee whiz 2
Angela Kay 8 hr WV Sweetheart 4
Drennen (Jan '13) 9 hr FYI 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ripley Mortgages