New Car Dealership Buzz.......

Posted in the Ripley Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Devil_Ans

Marietta, OH

#1 Aug 28, 2012
I'm sure everyone knows by now the the owners of I-77 Ford has purchased the old Peden or Tate Porter dealership. Much to everyone's surprise, NO ONE is doing cartwheels. Isn't it interesting that no job listings for the new dealer are posted anywhere in Jackson County; however EVERY position is on the Charleston Gazette Classified website. There is a reason for that, and it is 100% mutual. I'm sure everyone knows someone that worked at the Ford dealership before, and know that the lack of people skills are truly present. Sure, Ripley needs a new car dealer, but these folks aren't new. Everyone should be aware of how they treat their employees. You get a day off, but get crucified if you take it, verbal abuse/embarrassment in front of peers and customers, and ah, yes -All the knock down drag outs by the royal couple themselves. Just ask anyone who has ever worked there. They will be very lucky to staff the service dept. You Decide, Are you going to support a car dealer who chooses NOT to hire local??? Do your research, and buy where YOU choose to. Just thought everyone in the community deserves to know.
Yeah

Parkersburg, WV

#2 Aug 28, 2012
Devil_Ans wrote:
I'm sure everyone knows by now the the owners of I-77 Ford has purchased the old Peden or Tate Porter dealership. Much to everyone's surprise, NO ONE is doing cartwheels. Isn't it interesting that no job listings for the new dealer are posted anywhere in Jackson County; however EVERY position is on the Charleston Gazette Classified website. There is a reason for that, and it is 100% mutual. I'm sure everyone knows someone that worked at the Ford dealership before, and know that the lack of people skills are truly present. Sure, Ripley needs a new car dealer, but these folks aren't new. Everyone should be aware of how they treat their employees. You get a day off, but get crucified if you take it, verbal abuse/embarrassment in front of peers and customers, and ah, yes -All the knock down drag outs by the royal couple themselves. Just ask anyone who has ever worked there. They will be very lucky to staff the service dept. You Decide, Are you going to support a car dealer who chooses NOT to hire local??? Do your research, and buy where YOU choose to. Just thought everyone in the community deserves to know.
So true! Sounds like you've worked for them before! Have a feeling this "dealership" won't be the success that Peden was. Just another way for Super Jim and Robin to restructure and hide money.
hear say

Ardsley, NY

#3 Aug 28, 2012
I heard that the late Tom Pedens wife, Ginger Peden, partnered with I-77 to buy this. Anyone know?
yup

Ardsley, NY

#4 Aug 28, 2012
Ya know how the "storm relief" had ice and water on that lot during the outage. I heard I77 Ford forced them off the lot because they were advertising it as the old Pedens lot.
Sherlock Holmes

Liberty, WV

#5 Aug 28, 2012
hear say wrote:
I heard that the late Tom Pedens wife, Ginger Peden, partnered with I-77 to buy this. Anyone know?
Robin Blankenship -President/ John Denbeigh -Vice President. No Ginger. However, Ernie Davis (Beckley, WV) may be a silent partner. There is one deed, and a few trust deeds recorded in the courthouse. Pete Lopez from Spencer almost got it.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#6 Aug 28, 2012
Had a VERY close friend work there and she absolutely hated it. The coworkers/superiors were rude, mean and belittled people (i beleive to their amusement) not realizing it actually hurt the employees feelings and HELLOOOOO...it DOES effect their work efficiency. DEFINATELY think twice before you put your resume in there!!!!
Perry Cline

Ardsley, NY

#7 Aug 29, 2012
Settle down everyone, if no one wants to buy local, there are plenty of other dealers waiting to treat you with respect. The community owes them NOTHING. Now can we get back to life since this is just another flash in the pan anyway

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#8 Aug 29, 2012
NEWSFLASH: This whole thread was over them advertising in charleston papers vs local as well as sharing views on how they treat their employees. No one even mentioned buying vehicles from them....
1 post removed
Anonymous

Parkersburg, WV

#10 Sep 4, 2012
A upstanding member of my congregation worked a this dealership for a while and shared some information with me. Larry said that they told him they lose money on every sale and that is why there is more cars sold there. He said they did not care because that woman made so much money when she come here from Beckelea which is a small country formed when Russia split up. She was a model over there and was in great demand when she defected to the USA. Now that super Jim guy was a coal producer in raleigh county, thats where he got that nick name. But it's like Larry said, he did not know anything about Sam Walton either but walmart has the best prices so thats where he shops.
1 post removed
wonderin

Parkersburg, WV

#12 Sep 5, 2012
what the crap is Beckelea.
Cannot find it on map quest or google earth
Also if everyone is so concerned advertised in charleston papers and charleston help wanted - think about it the Jackson newspapers don't get as many residents in this county to read as the gazette does everyday. And if you are unemployeed or looking for a job why not go to the Job service in Ripley.
Just sayin'
HS Educator

Parkersburg, WV

#13 Sep 5, 2012
Beckalea - Is one of the 17 small countries that split from the Soviet Union. Many are allowed to have local govenment ( some tribal ) but remain claimed by Russia. Located in the Ukrain region the total land mass is only 1,577 Km2 or 609 square miles. The population is estimated to be 78 - 79,000 people. Mining, timber and goat/sheep herding is the main source of income.
CarGirl

Ardsley, NY

#14 Sep 5, 2012
I've sold cars for many years. I applied down at The dearlership I work in an outside town and was hoping to get a job there. Seems like they don't want local people down there. Wouldn't surprise me if they don't have a "scab sale" on the new cars down out their new lot.
info

Ardsley, NY

#15 Sep 5, 2012
I've never seen so many dumb asses. She is from Beckley, WV, not another country. Beckley is only 1 1/2 hours away from here.
everyone

Marietta, OH

#16 Sep 5, 2012
You people are fking stupid!
Never again

Oceana, WV

#17 Sep 6, 2012
All you have to do is go in and apply. They advertised that they're hiring on their facebook page. I personally would never work for them again, that many men together for that many hours every day equals way too much drama and bitching about each other.
HS Educator

Parkersburg, WV

#18 Sep 6, 2012
What is a scab sale
Is that like a scratch and dent sale
Just asking
wonderin

Parkersburg, WV

#19 Sep 6, 2012
I feel like a dumbass. How does someone get Beckelea out of Beckley. And not only that how does someone get that much information about a "country" that don't exist
I cannot believe I actually tried to find it.
Redneck Reverend

Parkersburg, WV

#20 Sep 7, 2012
Dear Brother "wonderin", don't be so hard on yourself.
wonderin

Parkersburg, WV

#21 Sep 7, 2012
Who is this Larry guy that knows so much about that delaership.
I want to let him have an earfull.
Redneck Reverend

Parkersburg, WV

#22 Sep 7, 2012
I'm sorry brother, I don't even know his last name. All I know him by is brother Larry. He does odd jobs and hangs around the courthouse lawn. Very nice and friendly old fellow with white hair. I don't thing he is as old as he looks. Interesting to talk to and seems pretty knowledgable and well read. He does talk about his visions sometimes, but nothing alarming. Yesterday he said he had a vision that President Obama would remain in office and that more people would be on government assistance than anytime in history. I hope he's wrong. Folks are having it pretty tough these days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ripley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who all lived in Wedewood and when(year) 1 hr Co worker 2
Reynolds 2 hr For real 2
pro contracting ? 2 hr funny 2
Fox Engineering 3 hr Rosch 11
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 4 hr Fairlady 4,142
Missing sence 2003 Nick Harley Shinn (Jan '12) 14 hr Drag queen 196
Josh Lewis...... 18 hr Mitchy 2

Ripley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance