places that are hiring

places that are hiring

Posted in the Ripley Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
??

Mannington, WV

#1 Jan 15, 2012
Does anyon know of any places that are hiring??
i heard

Boynton Beach, FL

#2 Jan 15, 2012
Goodwill and dollar tree.
well

Charleston, WV

#3 Jan 15, 2012
Mcdonalds, taco bell, burger king, dairy queen, long John silver, pizza hut, las trancas, cozumels, bob Evans, ponderosa, Arby's, kfc, Wendy's, shoneys, walmart, Johnny macs, the green, mps. It's not impossible to find a job in this town. Everywhere is hiring. And in this economy no one is too good to work fast food and they can usually let you start the same day as your interview. Put on your hair net and get to work!
girlie

United States

#4 Jan 15, 2012
Is there any dr offices hiring?
well

Charleston, WV

#5 Jan 15, 2012
A dr's office job is the job you leave fast food for. See this is what young kids just joining the workforce don't understand. You have to move up the ladder. You need work experience before you can get a job at a doctors office. If you are unemployed right now, stand up and walk away from your computer, or put down your phone, drive to Mcdonalds in Ripley, Fairplain of Ravenswood and turn in an application. I guarantee you will have a job by tomorrow. Do that for a few months and THEN submit your resume to some professional offices around town.
girlie

United States

#6 Jan 15, 2012
Well there is no reason to be smart! I'm not a young kid anymore. I have worked as a waitress for 5 yrs when I was in high school.. I have went threw some college & I have been working in the medical field for 3 yrs now! I have a job but it is a far drive and I want to find something closer is all! I mean I didn't post on here to hear your smart comment! Is it really that hard to be nice everyone once in awhile & quit with the rudeness?? Wow! Some ppl will never grow up & it seems as if your an adult bc you say "young kids" so why don't YOU act your age! Thanks!:)
mel

United States

#7 Jan 15, 2012
girlie wrote:
Well there is no reason to be smart! I'm not a young kid anymore. I have worked as a waitress for 5 yrs when I was in high school.. I have went threw some college & I have been working in the medical field for 3 yrs now! I have a job but it is a far drive and I want to find something closer is all! I mean I didn't post on here to hear your smart comment! Is it really that hard to be nice everyone once in awhile & quit with the rudeness?? Wow! Some ppl will never grow up & it seems as if your an adult bc you say "young kids" so why don't YOU act your age! Thanks!:)
if u have any suggestions for me, I'd greatly appreciate. I'm back in school. Three kids, have had some college but no luck finding a job.
Thank you
facebook

Parkersburg, WV

#8 Jan 15, 2012
Their is a page on facebook called job postings/help wanted for Jackson county wv. They have a few things posted that might be helpful.
girlie

United States

#9 Jan 15, 2012
Thank you!:)
what ever

Ripley, WV

#10 Jan 15, 2012
I have turned in applications for a year and half at mcdonalds, taco bell, arbys, wendys, etc. and no one is hiring .... it could be that i used to be an HVAC guy and they are overwhelmed with my prestigous work references but i doubt it .... i need a job .... i dont care if they think im over qualified .... i need a job so i can feed my family .... im also attending college at wvup to get a master accounting degree ... but i cant take this economy anymore .... i want to work yet businesses around here will not give me an opportunity .... i really need a chance
mel

United States

#11 Jan 15, 2012
facebook wrote:
Their is a page on facebook called job postings/help wanted for Jackson county wv. They have a few things posted that might be helpful.
thank you so much:/)
gambler

Point Pleasant, WV

#12 Jan 16, 2012
All I can say is bullshit!! IF ALL those places where hiring more people would have jobs!! I have seen none of those jobs posted in our local papers!! Plus i have not seen any hiring signs! They must not want people to know there are jobs available LOL. Get you facts before you make someone fill dumb for going too a place that isn't hiring!!
well

Charleston, WV

#13 Jan 16, 2012
gambler wrote:
All I can say is bullshit!! IF ALL those places where hiring more people would have jobs!! I have seen none of those jobs posted in our local papers!! Plus i have not seen any hiring signs! They must not want people to know there are jobs available LOL. Get you facts before you make someone fill dumb for going too a place that isn't hiring!!
Listen to the radio. Burger king has had a running commercial looking to hire people for crew and management for months. Fast food has a very high turn over rate. Yes they are all hiring. I know numerous people who walked into ripley Mcdonalds and were hired on the spot within the last two weeks. Las trancas is about to open up and the manager has personally told me that waitresses are in high demand and he pays $10 an hour plus tips. Oh and cooks? They make $13 an hour. And if you didn't know that already you aren't looking hard enough. Get off your ass, get off of this website an start going from business to business. Master publication services pays $500 a week and how do I know this? Because they have an ad on the radio begging for people to come work there. Look harder. Don't complain, don't b#tch, just get out there and don't stop. That's all it takes. Trust me, I know.
know

United States

#14 Jan 16, 2012
Thats bs, waitress can only make 2.13 an hour
Yep

Huntington, WV

#15 Jan 16, 2012
The last two jobs I've had I had to go turn in an application, and then after they didn't call for about a week, I went back to see if they would be hiring soon and explained I already turned in an application. They hired me right then for both jobs. Go back, most places just want to see who really wants the job. And I also know burger king is hiring, as said above, because I've seen the now hiring sign out for a while now.
Anonymous

Lewisburg, WV

#16 Jan 16, 2012
Jobs r not that easy to find....your lucky if you
Have one
well

Charleston, WV

#17 Jan 16, 2012
know wrote:
Thats bs, waitress can only make 2.13 an hour
Nope sorry. I spoke with the owner myself and that's how much he pays. Look just because pizza hut only pays 2.13 doesn't mean every single waitress job pays that. I heard it from his mouth, a waitress at las trancas gets $10 an hour plus tips. If you don't believe me, go ask him yourself. He is there mon-fri from 10-5.
well

Charleston, WV

#18 Jan 16, 2012
Somewhere in ripley is hiring every single day. When there is a will, there's a way. You just have to try, really try.
wondering

Alkol, WV

#19 Jan 16, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>Nope sorry. I spoke with the owner myself and that's how much he pays. Look just because pizza hut only pays 2.13 doesn't mean every single waitress job pays that. I heard it from his mouth, a waitress at las trancas gets $10 an hour plus tips. If you don't believe me, go ask him yourself. He is there mon-fri from 10-5.
How can I can a hold of this guy? I'm currently working as a waitress but if he's will to pay that much I'll change jobs.
well

Charleston, WV

#20 Jan 17, 2012
Go there. He is there every single day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ripley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ripley carnival (Jun '13) 3 hr me 44
Ladies 3 hr The tourist 7
Closet Lesbian 9 hr Nancy O 3
Looking for Joe W. Hicks 10 hr Proudmomof2 11
Hudson Apartments 14 hr James C 12
Ashley payne 14 hr Ticky 7
Looking for people to hang with 15 hr The tourist 1

Ripley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ripley Mortgages