Ripley, TN Police Officer Indicted

Ripley, TN Police Officer Indicted

There are 58 comments on the WREG story from Mar 1, 2012, titled Ripley, TN Police Officer Indicted. In it, WREG reports that:

A federal grand jury in Memphis has indicted a Ripley, Tennessee, police officer on federal civil rights and obstruction of justice.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
I dont know

United States

#1 Mar 2, 2012
What to think of this right here. He has always been a good guy & I know of one person who has had it out for him for a loooooong time. I need more facts. Reason being the person that's been after him could have made this up, notice I said "could" not taking sides. I just need more than what wreg is offering in this article, if anyone knows what "really" happened I wanna hear it.
Hmmm

United States

#2 Mar 2, 2012
Dont you love it when 2 news stations in the same exact city have 2 different stories? I'm referring to the fine & the time.

http://m.wmctv.com/ms/p/a3/59/view.m...

So which is it?????
please

Henderson, TN

#3 Mar 2, 2012
this little douchebag has been a piece of shiz since before he could even drive. In fact, he caused a crash on 51 near Ripley Parts and Tire driving ALONE when he only had his permit. His Dad (then with the Henning Police) arrived in time to claim he WAS in the car with him at the time.(Insurance fraud)This IS NOT heresay...I SAW it.
Only found out later that "Dad" had claimed to be IN the car at the time of the accident...when we saw him PULL UP.
Nothing he does will surprise me.

“Trying to clean up the TRASH!”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#4 Mar 2, 2012
WMCTV is considering both charges were WREG is only discussing the potential fine & time for just one charge.
Concerned Riplian

Ripley, TN

#5 Mar 2, 2012
Please..get you facts straight...Mikes dad died when he was a young boy....he was rasied by an older brother and sister in law....Mike has always been a strong young man with high moral values and a good officer. I suspect the person involved is a piece of low life scum that hired some attorney like Hutton and is using this to try and stay out of prison. In a lot of Fed cases it turns out that Fed prosecutors just want to see their name in the news and like going after public officials because they know it will happen....
facts

United States

#6 Mar 2, 2012
Concerned Riplian wrote:
Please..get you facts straight...Mikes dad died when he was a young boy....he was rasied by an older brother and sister in law....Mike has always been a strong young man with high moral values and a good officer. I suspect the person involved is a piece of low life scum that hired some attorney like Hutton and is using this to try and stay out of prison. In a lot of Fed cases it turns out that Fed prosecutors just want to see their name in the news and like going after public officials because they know it will happen....
Actually the young man involved is a very good person, one of the few who is actually doing something with his life. Never even been to jail before mike decide to put him in a choke hold for no reason and drag him to jail with no charges. Mike and his son both have gotten away with way too much over the years its about time some of it caught up with them
Are you

United States

#7 Mar 2, 2012
please wrote:
this little douchebag has been a piece of shiz since before he could even drive. In fact, he caused a crash on 51 near Ripley Parts and Tire driving ALONE when he only had his permit. His Dad (then with the Henning Police) arrived in time to claim he WAS in the car with him at the time.(Insurance fraud)This IS NOT heresay...I SAW it.
Only found out later that "Dad" had claimed to be IN the car at the time of the accident...when we saw him PULL UP.
referring to Mike? Because I think you have these two stories mixed up, although they have the same name, Mike goes by Mike & his son goes by stephen. Just curious as to which you were referring to. Not trying to argue. So let's keep it clean.
Hmmm

United States

#8 Mar 2, 2012
TheRipleyJanitor wrote:
WMCTV is considering both charges were WREG is only discussing the potential fine & time for just one charge.
thanks for the clarification.
Was the person a minor

United States

#9 Mar 2, 2012
facts wrote:
<quoted text> Actually the young man involved is a very good person, one of the few who is actually doing something with his life. Never even been to jail before mike decide to put him in a choke hold for no reason and drag him to jail with no charges. Mike and his son both have gotten away with way too much over the years its about time some of it caught up with them
because if not lets hear the name of the person, if they aren't a minor then there is no need to not disclose the name. There maybe some skeletons in his closet as well, again I said "maybe" not making accusations. Just curious because there are a lot of people in this town with no prior arrest or record yet they do more dirt than what some may believe. Just looking for answers that's all.

“Trying to clean up the TRASH!”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#10 Mar 2, 2012
Wasn't Stephen the part-time officer that was accused of child abuse and drug use about a year or so ago? The news sites are saying this guy is 47 years old. I guess its possible he could have a kid about driving age, I dunno. I'm just trying to get the people involved straight myself. I don't know the name of the person who was taken to jail/filed charges against him but I'm certain feds wouldn't have indicted him if they didn't have enough evidence to convict him since he is/was a police officer afterall.

Ripley, TN

#11 Mar 2, 2012
please wrote:
...I think you have the wrong person...you are speaking about the younger one. The father is also named Stephen Kirkpatrick...get your information right before you go commenting.
midnight

United States

#12 Mar 2, 2012
How about you just don't comment at all since it's obvious you don't know what the h3ll you are talking about. That is a prime example of what's wrong with Ripley. People run their mouths and don't have a clue who or what they are talking about!!!! Grow up! Get a life! If he did something wrong, let him have his day in court and pay for his own mistakes. Why is it your place to get on a website and talk sh|t?
Huh

Henderson, TN

#13 Mar 2, 2012
Are there TWO Stephen Kirkpatricks that were cops in Ripley? The one I know of IS NOT 47 years old.
Got in trouble for child abuse once and for tearing up someone's field or something.
omg

United States

#14 Mar 2, 2012
Its his dad this time
word

Ripley, TN

#15 Mar 3, 2012
It is mike the lt. on 2nd. not his son so everyone needs to get their shit straight before they start flapping thier gums.

“You want me but....”

Since: Dec 09

I'm so mean

#16 Mar 3, 2012
This does not at all sound like the God fearing man I know. This man walked and talked the Bible with a strong faith.
I have to believe there is a mix-up.
omg

United States

#17 Mar 3, 2012
Yes its true the same guy that stood by his son all a long him knowing Steven abused his child. God works in good ways.
NOTORIOUSlil brother

Ripley, TN

#18 Mar 3, 2012
TheRipleyJanitor wrote:
Wasn't Stephen the part-time officer that was accused of child abuse and drug use about a year or so ago? The news sites are saying this guy is 47 years old. I guess its possible he could have a kid about driving age, I dunno. I'm just trying to get the people involved straight myself. I don't know the name of the person who was taken to jail/filed charges against him but I'm certain feds wouldn't have indicted him if they didn't have enough evidence to convict him since he is/was a police officer afterall.
RIPLEY J my sweet...your mouth preceeds you...I HAPPEN TO THINK THAT Mr. Kirkpatrick is a pretty decent guy also...why are you volunteering slander against him? By the way...what happens if you break your oath...as I asked you before?

“You want me but....”

Since: Dec 09

I'm so mean

#19 Mar 3, 2012
omg wrote:
Yes its true the same guy that stood by his son all a long him knowing Steven abused his child. God works in good ways.
Your opinion and mine differ. That is acceptable.

Arlington, TN

#21 Mar 3, 2012
There are 2 men in Ripley named Stephen Michael Kirkpatrick and they are father and son. The father goes by Mike and the son by Stephen. The father is a current Ripley police officer and the son is a former Ripley police officer.

The son was indicted for felony child abuse against his 4 year old daughter and for property damage. He paid restitution for the property damage and the child abuse was dropped due to (I think) being he said/she said and no real evidence. The child's mother has since moved out of state and took the child with her. Stephen now has another child on the way but no idea who with. I just know she drives a white truck and is very tall and skinny.

If any of this info is wrong, I apologize for that. This is just what I have heard from coworkers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ripley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word/Add a Word (Mar '12) 14 hr Princess Hey 1,993
who knows her? (Nov '09) Tue Chris 11
why is it so hard to meet people in ripley? (Feb '16) Tue crakheadbob 22
News Ripley, TN woman accused of shooting sleeping h... (Mar '13) Mon Izzy-_- 57
Hillary 2016 (Apr '15) Mon Ole Skool 165
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) Mon Izzy-_- 13,720
A National Database/Registry Listing names of M... Dec 2 Ashy 6

Ripley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ripley Mortgages