Dickens Discussions

“Let's talk to each other:”

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#5618 Jan 29, 2013
Dickens1 wrote:
It's official....a Tornado Watch was issued for Lauderdale County about 20 minutes ago.
We just got the warning for the second wave about 10 minutes ago. The first one wasn't much. This one could be; it sounds worse. Let's all stay safe.
Seriously

Prestonsburg, KY

#5620 Jan 30, 2013
Good Morning Dickens , Perfessor and everyone. I hope everybody pulled through the storm last night. We are getting some bad weather my way this morning. Driving to work, I am sure I took up 2 lanes because of the wind. I am not scared of too many thing's but I am terrified of Tornado's. God Bless, Have a wonderful Day :-) Hi Wabbit Dear

“Here comes Peter Cottontail”

Since: Jun 11

Happy Easter!

#5621 Jan 30, 2013
Good afternoon, Friends! I've had a busy morning and just now am getting to grab some lunch. I hope all of you came safely through last night's storms. I unplugged my computer rather early and went to bed with a good book. The wind and rain sounded like it was trying to beat my roof in but I stayed dry all night and all is well today.

Seriously, I think the bad weather has moved out of our area but is still in yours. I hope you will be safe today....hopefully the stormy weather will pass quietly away.

I'm going to wolf down a hot dog now. I hope everyone has a safe and happy day.

:)

Happy Easter!

#5622 Jan 30, 2013
My, the wind has howled and moaned today! The first mild day that comes, I'll have to pick up sticks and limbs out of the yard. It's a cold wind too, with the feel of ice in it, like it has blown across great expanses of Arctic ice and snow to reach us. On such a night my house feels extra warm and cozy.

I hope all of my Topix friends made it safely through the day. I know by reading the threads that there was severe weather all around. I hope all is safe.

Good night, Everyone. I am going to enjoy watching my soap now before I call it a night. Sweet dreams to you all.

“Let's Go And SeeThe Stars, ”

Since: Jun 10

The Milky Way Or Even Mars

#5623 Jan 31, 2013
Hello Dickens and Company! It's good to be back among my Ripley friends! It looks like no one was hurt by the storms but I haven't read all the posts, either. I am so far behind I'm not sure I'll ever get them all read. It is sunny and cold in my area. Storms came through a couple of days ago but were small compared to what you got. Stay safe and hugs to all of you!

Happy Easter!

#5624 Jan 31, 2013
Faerydust wrote:
Hello Dickens and Company! It's good to be back among my Ripley friends! It looks like no one was hurt by the storms but I haven't read all the posts, either. I am so far behind I'm not sure I'll ever get them all read. It is sunny and cold in my area. Storms came through a couple of days ago but were small compared to what you got. Stay safe and hugs to all of you!
Good morning, Faerydust! This is a beautiful sight...having you post with us again.

Yeah boy, it's cold here too! This month it seems we have had a little bit of all 4 seasons....the temps have been up and down so much.

You will ease back into the threads. I bet in a day or two, you will feel like no time has passed at all here in Topixland. Have a wonderful day, dear....again, it's so much fun having you back!

seriously

Prestonsburg, KY

#5625 Feb 1, 2013
Hello Dickens :-) Got 3 inches over my way and I snow-mobiled my way too work this morning :-) I figured out that you can't strap a Wabbit down on the front, when we stopped, he was stuck to the seat and his ear's were frozen together ( not a good site trying to pry him off the seat )*Giggle* Hi Faerydust :-) So good to have you back Friend!

Happy Easter!

#5626 Feb 1, 2013
Good morning, Seriously. You got more snow than I did. We got just enough to make the yards and rooftops pretty but the streets remained clear. It was a beautiful sight coming down last night...it was a wet snow. The sun is out bright today and our little snowfall is fast melting even though it is still only 25 degrees out.

Tee hee, it sounds like Wabbit got too much fresh air! And were there icicles dangling from his ears and did the sunshine make them sparkle? I bet that was a sight to see!

Stay warm and be careful on your snowmobile!

Happy Easter!

#5627 Feb 1, 2013
SNOW -- A WINTER SKETCH

The blessed morn has come again;
The early gray
Taps at the slumberer's window-pane,
And seems to say,
Break, break from the enchanter's chain,
Away, away!

'Tis winter, yet there is no sound
Along the air
Of winds along their battle-ground;
But gently there
The snow is falling,-- all around
How fair, how fair!

--By Ralph Hoyt
April 18, 1806 - October 11, 1878

These are the first 2 stanzas of Rev. Hoyt's 6 stanza poem. He was a teacher and writer, then studied theology and was ordained in the Presbyterian Church in 1842. Throughout his verses runs a theme of the goodness and beauty of nature.

“Hopping around Topix”

Since: Nov 08

On The Highway To Hell

#5628 Feb 1, 2013
seriously wrote:
Hello Dickens :-) Got 3 inches over my way and I snow-mobiled my way too work this morning :-) I figured out that you can't strap a Wabbit down on the front, when we stopped, he was stuck to the seat and his ear's were frozen together ( not a good site trying to pry him off the seat )*Giggle* Hi Faerydust :-) So good to have you back Friend!
You forgot to mention I liked to of never got thawed out Doll :)!! lol

Happy Easter!

#5629 Feb 2, 2013
The sun is shining in Ripley so I assume our groundhogs saw their shadows today, which means more winter for us. Ah, February, what will you bring to us?

On the threads I read that snow is falling in Kentucky...maybe WV too. I bet it is so beautiful up in the mountains and hills of Kentucky, and in middle and east Tennessee. But I'm just as pleased that we have clear streets.

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and those of you who like football, I hope the Super Bowl goes your way!

“Let's Go And SeeThe Stars, ”

Since: Jun 10

The Milky Way Or Even Mars

#5630 Feb 2, 2013
Hello Lady Dickens and Company! Loved the poem. You always give us beauty in one way or another. Punxatawney Phil, the famous groundhog did not see his shadow but he has been wrong many times before :) We have Valentines Day to look forward to. Ahhhh! Chocolate!

Happy Easter!

#5631 Feb 3, 2013
Good evening, Everyone! Hi Faerydust, Seriously and Wabbit, Perfessor, HoneyMyLove, Jem, Pepper, Dixie, Lil Bro, GW and All who post friendly here!

I imagine everyone is excited about the Super Bowl. I don't know what time the big game plays because I'm not a football fan and won't be watching, but I know it will be fun for those who are fans. I hope it's a super duper game and you all enjoy it.

I think I'll use this time to take a little break from the threads and enjoy a good movie. Maybe pop some corn to go with the Coke I have chilling.

Aah, Fun Time on a peaceful Sunday evening.

seriously

Prestonsburg, KY

#5632 Feb 4, 2013
Good Morning Dickens :-) I made it to work this morning but done a donut coming off my hill....Talk about some Goose-Bump's ...My thermostat said it was 20 degrees out there. It's so cold out my way, my dog ask me for a coat and boot's this morning ;-) Hope you have a beautiful day Dickens :-)
seriously

Prestonsburg, KY

#5633 Feb 4, 2013
Hello my Sweet Wabbit , Faerydust , Perfessor, Dixie, HML , Pepper and Jem and everyone :-)

Pepper_126

“I don't do red lipstick...”

Since: Sep 12

well maybe this one time...

#5634 Feb 4, 2013
Hi ya'll. Happy Monday.

Happy Easter!

#5635 Feb 4, 2013
Hi Everyone! Hi Seriously and Pepper!

I tried to get on Topix twice earlier this morning but kept getting a virus warning and that scared me. I wasn't sure what to do so I X'd out. I'm happy that this time the warning didn't appear and I'm able to post. Everything seems to be in good order now.

Oh, Seriously, doing donuts on icy streets is a dangerous thing....be extra careful! I simply can not drive on slick streets. I become too unnerved. I can imagine that made your hands shake a bit too.

Pepper, I hope you had a fun weekend. I hope the drive and the nice meal and time spent with a friend made a wonderful, happy weekend for you.

....gotta run a few more errands now. Have a good day, everyone!

Happy Easter!

#5636 Feb 4, 2013
Today I saw little yellow buttercups blooming in 3 yards! I love buttercups, always the first flower to announce the return of Spring. They are so pretty, so cheerful, a most welcome sight at the end of winter.

Pepper_126

#5637 Feb 4, 2013
Dickens I had a very good weekend. The drive to Missouri was good. My friend has lived a sheltered life and watching him was pretty funny.
The resturant was awesome. The ribs were the best. Strawberry's Resturant in Howard Mo. Gotta ask the Perfessor if he knows where it is.

Pepper_126

#5639 Feb 5, 2013
Jail-Ephant wrote:
<quoted text>Evening ladies . Could 1 of yall pay my bail ? I promise to protect you from trolls , rednecks an ripley bugger tossers . I hear yall have a few here .
I'm getting everything ready now. Listen for the boom!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ripley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mama needs 9 hr daddy 2
What about the weed busted Fri Just wondering 1
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) Thu Princess Hey 14,158
Drop a Word/Add a Word (Mar '12) Thu Princess Hey 2,296
lauderdale county mobile patrol Nov 12 Buttodorly Cracks... 7
Poll add a word drop a word (Jul '13) Nov 9 Princess Hey 1,566
How to track a phone using gps ? (Nov '12) Nov 6 Guest 27

Ripley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance