Dickens Discussions

“Snow isn't pretty in February”

Since: Jun 11

as it is in December

#5031 Nov 22, 2012
Wabbit wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving from myself and Seriously to all you Wonderful Friends :) OK time to shower and get ready to eat so we`ll see you all after while :) lol
Hi Wabbit and Seriously! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

:)

as it is in December

#5032 Nov 22, 2012
Although we are familiar with these verses as a Christmas song, it was originally written as a Thanksgiving poem. It appeared for the first time in 1844, in a volume of the author's poems.
~~~~~~~~~

A BOY'S THANKSGIVING DAY

Over the river, and through the wood,
To Grandfather's house we go;
the horse knows the way to carry the sleigh
through the white and drifted snow.
Over the river, and through the wood,
to Grandfather's house away!
We would not stop for doll or top,
for 'tis Thanksgiving Day.
Over the river, and through the woodó
oh, how the wind does blow!
It stings the toes and bites the nose
as over the ground we go.
and straight through the barnyard gate,
We seem to go extremely slow,
it is so hard to wait!
When Grandmother sees us come,
She will say, "O, dear, the children are here,
bring a pie for everyone."
now Grandmother's cap I spy!
Hurrah for the fun! Is the pudding done?
Hurrah for the pumpkin pie!

-- Lydia Maria Child
February 11, 1802 - October 20, 1880
seriously

Prestonsburg, KY

#5033 Nov 22, 2012
Howdy Miss Dickens !!! I have cooked , cleaned and picked up after 24 people today,,,I am totally exhausted.........I hope your day went wonderful and you got your tummy full of all the great Thanksgiving goodies !!! I am gonna sit now and pour myself a drink and watch Max and Ruby with my baby girl and relax..........I am off tomorrow and I am really looking forward to sleeping in and doing "Nodda".........As long as Wabbit sleep's in too*wink*
seriously

Prestonsburg, KY

#5034 Nov 22, 2012
Hi Dixie and Pepper :-) I hope each of you had a great day !!! As well as perfessor , pops and Russsh..........

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#5035 Nov 22, 2012
Hi Seriously, Dickens, Pepper and anyone I missed. We had a big lunch, everything was perfect and everybody had a good time. Then we put up the Christmas tree, now my son has some friends over and we are watching t.v.

I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday and time with their families.

as it is in December

#5036 Nov 23, 2012
Good morning, Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Are you still as stuffed as I am? I always love the day after too...I have all these delicious left-overs to heat and eat. There won't be any cooking for me today...wheee! I'm going to start my Christmas decorating. I'd like to have the tree up by nighttime but I'm going to take my time, work slowly, and just enjoy this lovely day.

Have a happy day, Everyone!

“Hopping around Topix”

Since: Nov 08

On The Highway To Hell

#5037 Nov 23, 2012
Good afternoon Dickens and Dixie and Pepper, I told you this earlier Dickens you are the first poster that iv`e seen that has some thing Christmas-E as a avatar! lol

as it is in December

#5038 Nov 23, 2012
And good afternoon to you, Wabbit! I love Christmas! I just couldn't wait to put on my Santa Hat!

I've started my Christmas decorating today. I like to get it up as soon after Thanksgiving as possible. I read where Dixie and her family put their tree up yesterday after their dinner. I know she enjoyed its sparkle last night. I hope to have mine up by tonight. Christmas is so very special and beautiful, I like to stretch it out and enjoy every second of it.

I had warmed up dressing for lunch. That's all....just a generous serving with a dab of cranberry sauce....and oh, yum! I'm energized now!

Enjoy the afternoon, Wabbit! You too, Seriously! And Pepper and Dixie and Jem and Everyone!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#5039 Nov 23, 2012
Hi Wabbit and Dickens! What a coincidence, I had leftovers for lunch too. I had dressing and sweet potatoes. Yes, I am enjoying my tree. It doesn't have a theme and it isn't trendy, but it holds memories and pictures and lots of color. I strung popcorn yesterday and it has alternating popcorn and red bead garland. My tree skirt was quilted by my grandmother and has little squares of Christmas fabric. It wouldn't suit everyone, but it suits me and makes me smile.

“Hopping around Topix”

On The Highway To Hell

#5040 Nov 23, 2012
seriously wrote:
Howdy Miss Dickens !!! I have cooked , cleaned and picked up after 24 people today,,,I am totally exhausted.........I hope your day went wonderful and you got your tummy full of all the great Thanksgiving goodies !!! I am gonna sit now and pour myself a drink and watch Max and Ruby with my baby girl and relax..........I am off tomorrow and I am really looking forward to sleeping in and doing "Nodda".........As long as Wabbit sleep's in too*wink*
You need to get up you`ve slept long enough Doll :) and besides i`m Missing You!!

Hi Dixie, I seen Dickens was talking about leftovers and that`s exactly what I just ate too, Ham n turkey sammiches :)

as it is in December

#5041 Nov 24, 2012
Good morning, Everyone! I hope you're all staying warm on this very chilly morning.

I want to send out HAPPY BIRTHDAY greetings to a dear old friend, the lovely poster known as Smiles, who once used to post with us regularly here. As a matter of fact, she was one of the original little band that welcomed me to Topix. I understand that Real Life, work and family and children, can keep us very busy, but it is always my hope that Smiles will eventually come post with us again.

~~~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SMILES!~~~

Pepper_126

“I don't do red lipstick...”

Since: Sep 12

well maybe this one time...

#5042 Nov 24, 2012
Awww Dickens we did have alot of laughs.
Happy Birthday Smiles.
seriously

Prestonsburg, KY

#5043 Nov 24, 2012
Howdy Dickens :-) Hi Pepper !! I am having some phone communication problem's so,,,,if I don't post for a few day's........that's all it is. I see it is a friend of your's Birthday!!! I love Birthday's and I hope "Smiles" has a most wonderful one !!!! I am still trying to recover from the Thanksgiving Day food,,,sorry folk's,,,I seen where everyone was doing left-over's again,,,,I just can't eat anymore Turkey or Ham. I am slap bored of it..........I had to cook me something else today....I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and hope to resume posting as soon as I can !!!! Much Love,,,signed:Seriously *waves to Dixie*
seriously

Prestonsburg, KY

#5044 Nov 24, 2012
Hi Love.......your right,,,it was way past time for me to wake up !!! Your eatin' left-over's too..........
Wabbit wrote:
<quoted text>You need to get up you`ve slept long enough Doll :) and besides i`m Missing You!!
Hi Dixie, I seen Dickens was talking about leftovers and that`s exactly what I just ate too, Ham n turkey sammiches :)

Pepper_126

#5045 Nov 24, 2012
Hi Seriously. Hope you guys are well. If you get bored...New Lenox Il. LastPost is funny.

as it is in December

#5046 Nov 24, 2012
Ta Da! My Christmas Tree is up and shining and looking so pretty! As soon as I round up all of the ornament boxes and stash them away in the closet, my living room will be neat and tidy and full of Christmas Beauty.

Seriously, I had left-overs again for lunch and they were still just as delicious. I thought for supper I'd make myself something simple like a cheese toast but I don't know....I hear that dressing calling my name again. I may go ahead and finish it off tonight. I hope you get your phone fixed very fast. We will miss you until you're back posting with us again.

I hope you and Wabbit are enjoying a relaxing weekend. We cooks need a couple of days to rest up after a big holiday meal, don't we!

as it is in December

#5047 Nov 24, 2012
Pepper_126 wrote:
Hi Seriously. Hope you guys are well. If you get bored...New Lenox Il. LastPost is funny.
Hi Pepper. Have you decorated for Christmas yet? I'm so glad to have my Christmas Tree up. I'll enjoy it so much at night while I watch Christmas movies or play on Topix.

So New Lenox is hopping tonight? I'll check it out too.....

Pepper_126

#5048 Nov 24, 2012
If I need to explain let me know. I will gladly explain.

“Hopping around Topix”

On The Highway To Hell

#5049 Nov 24, 2012
seriously wrote:
Hi Love.......your right,,,it was way past time for me to wake up !!! Your eatin' left-over's too..........<quoted text>
Hi Seriously Doll :) Speaking of left-overs i`ll eat you up like a dumpling and i`m serious!!((wink) lol

“Hopping around Topix”

On The Highway To Hell

#5050 Nov 24, 2012
Pepper_126 wrote:
Hi Seriously. Hope you guys are well. If you get bored...New Lenox Il. Last Post is funny.
Hi Pepper :) I had just told Seriously about that right before I read your post and I was reading that too and laughing my ass off but really it`s a repeat of a repeat of a repeat!! lmfao

Oh yea Pepper you are Everybody, rite ? haha!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ripley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge Rachel destroys families (Sep '17) 3 hr Also not a fan 10
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 5 hr Princess Hey 14,403
Drop a Word/Add a Word (Mar '12) 5 hr Princess Hey 2,546
Judge Rachel Jackson 20 hr Not a fan 9
Poll add a word drop a word (Jul '13) May 24 Princess Hey 1,652
Halls High School May 18 stupid338 4
walmart (Jun '14) May 16 Joy sideburns 19

Ripley Jobs

Personal Finance

Ripley Mortgages