the Walmart thread

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1 Apr 29, 2013
what happened to the Walmart thread?
I had posted some positive remarks where so many had posted negative one. I also had posted things I knew to be true as to how some people used to work when some of my family worked there.
Guess someone just doesn't want truth to be told?????

I don't like slamming folks for the sake of doing so. I don't like folks naming someone while he or she hides behind a pseudo nom. If you are so bold to be bashing, best use your real identity while you are at it or you are just spreading untruths or are too cowardly to speak out.

My picture is on my site. Everyone knows who I am. There is not much question when I speak out.
This venue is helpful at times. Don't ruin it.
huh

United States

#3 Apr 30, 2013
theOX wrote:
what happened to the Walmart thread?
I had posted some positive remarks where so many had posted negative one. I also had posted things I knew to be true as to how some people used to work when some of my family worked there.
Guess someone just doesn't want truth to be told?????

I don't like slamming folks for the sake of doing so. I don't like folks naming someone while he or she hides behind a pseudo nom. If you are so bold to be bashing, best use your real identity while you are at it or you are just spreading untruths or are too cowardly to speak out.

My picture is on my site. Everyone knows who I am. There is not much question when I speak out.
This venue is helpful at times. Don't ruin it.

I think it is because ppl used full names and said bad stuff not the whole thread .
Frances

Covington, TN

#5 May 1, 2013
This is the same Wal-Mart where one of the "Assistant Managers" gave a person back their counterfeit money when they tried to buy something with it instead of calling the police. The cashier was trying to do the right thing but either the Assistant Manager knew the person or just didn't want to be bothered with something as minor as counterfeit money. Crazy.
Girrrrrl

Duluth, GA

#6 May 1, 2013
Frances wrote:
This is the same Wal-Mart where one of the "Assistant Managers" gave a person back their counterfeit money when they tried to buy something with it instead of calling the police. The cashier was trying to do the right thing but either the Assistant Manager knew the person or just didn't want to be bothered with something as minor as counterfeit money. Crazy.
you got to be kidding....which one did it??
I hear counterfeit money is getting to be a pretty common deal???
Was it that woman....shoot I can't think of her name??
RMB

Duluth, GA

#7 May 1, 2013
I know this much, the black guy taking in carts from the parking lot needs to pull up his Damn pants! Nobody wants to see his panties!!!
walmart

Madisonville, KY

#8 May 1, 2013
Girrrrrl wrote:
<quoted text>you got to be kidding....which one did it??
I hear counterfeit money is getting to be a pretty common deal???
Was it that woman....shoot I can't think of her name??
Itis wal mart policyto give the money back and advice them to take it to a bank. The counterfeit pens are not always accurate ....
Frances

Covington, TN

#9 May 2, 2013
Well, I called the police when I got home and it seems to be the police's policy that they be notified immediately of someone trying to pass counterfeit money. The girl had a ROLL of money and was trying to buy some gum with a counterfeit $20.00 bill so she was obviously trying to get REAL money in change for her counterfeit money.
walmart

Madisonville, KY

#10 May 2, 2013
Sorry the police dont cant fire walmart assocs but violating walmart policy will permit walmart to fire the assoc. It is policy to decline the sale...
Frances

Covington, TN

#11 May 3, 2013
Oh, they should have declined the sale all right but they also should have called the police. I did call Wal-Mart and talk with them and they said that they talked with the employee and told her that she should have called the police. The cashier said that that was the second time someone had tried to pay her with counterfeit money and the manager had told her what needed to be done if it ever happened again but the Assistant Manager did not want to hear it. She just said "Well, they never told me!" Didn't try to find out or anything. No, she knew who the person was that was trying to pass the counterfeit money and didn't want to get her in trouble.
Frances

Covington, TN

#13 May 28, 2013
left-in-55 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never worked at Wal_mart, so I can't speak for "policy". But I always thought counterfets was a fed matter, and police or fed were called. Maybe I'm wrong....
That was what I thought! That was why I was so appalled that nobody seemed concerned about it except me and the cashier.
curious

United States

#14 May 29, 2013
What did this person passing this money around llook like? i understand being upset about not notifying the police but some people may actuall have counterfeit money and really not know it. think about all these little business and yard sales that people have and earn money. do they have those pens to test it? now if she had a wad of money then she may not have been innocent but what if and innnocent person went to jail for something they thought was real. i don't think that would be to fair.
Frances

Covington, TN

#15 May 30, 2013
curious wrote:
What did this person passing this money around llook like? i understand being upset about not notifying the police but some people may actuall have counterfeit money and really not know it. think about all these little business and yard sales that people have and earn money. do they have those pens to test it? now if she had a wad of money then she may not have been innocent but what if and innnocent person went to jail for something they thought was real. i don't think that would be to fair.
Well since she seemed to take everything in stride I am pretty sure she knew that she had counterfeit money. What made me pretty sure that she knew was the fact that she got something that cost $1.00 and gave the cashier a $20.00 bill that was counterfeit. Then when they told her it was counterfeit she just shrugged her shoulders, pulled out the wad of money, peeled off two $1.00 bills and gave them to the cashier. She was just trying to pass off fake money, buying something cheap and hoping to get a lot of real money in change. If it happened to an innocent person I think they would be shocked or show some sign of being upset about it being a counterfeit, at least I know I would. I would also hope that the police could figure out by talking to an innocent person where that person thought they got the counterfeit money from. I am fairly sure they wouldn't just take them to jail. I also think there will be more counterfeit money trying to be passed off to innocent people because people like that employee at Wal-Mart just turning a blind eye to it and letting that person walk out of there with the counterfeit money to try and give to some other innocent person.
helper

Oklahoma City, OK

#17 Jun 3, 2013
Walmart is hiring

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ripley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll add a word drop a word (Jul '13) 2 hr _Zoey_ 202
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 4 hr cathouse cowboy 10,640
Wrought iron fencing. 13 hr Old school 1
Dickens Discussions (Sep '11) 16 hr what a russsh 7,008
class reunion how to Sun well 3
notary Sat word 2
Why does God not answer me??? (Apr '12) Jun 25 Louis cypher 666 29
More from around the web

Ripley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Ripley Mortgages