Crystal Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

This is an official request for the City Mayor, John Paveletic and County Sheriff, Steve Sanders to take responsibility for the killing of Danny Patel last night. I am asking you both to resign from office because of your inability t keep our city and county safe. Plan and simple. Leave now and seek other employment because you both are obviously can't handle the one you have. It doesn't matter how many bad guys you have put in jail or how many speeding tickets you've written in the past, the problem is that the honest folks in this county cannot go out at night or work a public job and feel safe. You have failed in your dudties to keep your citizens SAFE so do the honorable thing and resign before it's too late.
Im In

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Make the petition and I will be the first one to sign. FED UP!!
okayfine

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Ok, WHAT would you do differently in all your vast crime-fighting/prevention knowledge?
Is there a system of "mind-control" for bad people where you can make them NOT do the things they tend to do?
Or, should we hire 1 police officer for each citizen over 18 and have that officer follow one person around all the time?
You willing to pay more taxes for "more Police?"
Does it really accomplish anything to get on here and bitch about it just to hear all the "hurrah's" and "hellyeah's" you're going for?(You've got one already)
The person responsible for the killing last night is the ASS that pulled the trigger. Period.
Now, unless you know Kreskin's methods and can read people's minds...how you gonna stop that kind of thing?
I'm listening...and be sure to add that to your "petition" so the mayor and all can see your answer.
You think it's just here? Grow up.
Mike L

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

What do you actually think they can do with all these natives running loose in our little town? Untill they account for their own this is what we are going to have. I have a question for you, why don't you do something, yes you, what can you do, answer, nothing! About the same thing that they can do. They try to do something and they get sued. Get use to it, it is only going to get worse, as long as our area is prodominantly black we will see more and more. Look at the satistics, any where a area is predominantly black you have poverty and crime, look it up.
The Rock

Crystal Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

okayfine wrote:
Ok, WHAT would you do differently in all your vast crime-fighting/prevention knowledge?
Is there a system of "mind-control" for bad people where you can make them NOT do the things they tend to do?
Or, should we hire 1 police officer for each citizen over 18 and have that officer follow one person around all the time?
You willing to pay more taxes for "more Police?"
Does it really accomplish anything to get on here and bitch about it just to hear all the "hurrah's" and "hellyeah's" you're going for?(You've got one already)
The person responsible for the killing last night is the ASS that pulled the trigger. Period.
Now, unless you know Kreskin's methods and can read people's minds...how you gonna stop that kind of thing?
I'm listening...and be sure to add that to your "petition" so the mayor and all can see your answer.
You think it's just here? Grow up.
It's people with attitudes like yours is why crime and 'thugory' is bad and will only get worse. Close your eyes, turn your head and maybe it will go away? I am not an expert crime-fighter nor do I claim to be but I am a tax paying citizen who wants a better police service than what I'm getting. The Chief of Police, Mayor and Sheriff ARE supposed to be professiona crime-fighters and I'm telling you they are far from it. Are you telling me they are doing all they can do and that NOTHING more can be done and we should just live with being afraid to go out at night? Cause if it is you need to get your head out of the sand my friend. Our town is in BAD shape with the gangs and violence and I see NOTHING being done. I'm not on here to bash the officers, they are doing what they're told to do, it's their superiors I'm pissed at right now. Chief of RPD and the Sheriff have let their citizens down and should resign immediately!
The Rock

Crystal Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Mike L wrote:
What do you actually think they can do with all these natives running loose in our little town? Untill they account for their own this is what we are going to have. I have a question for you, why don't you do something, yes you, what can you do, answer, nothing! About the same thing that they can do. They try to do something and they get sued. Get use to it, it is only going to get worse, as long as our area is prodominantly black we will see more and more. Look at the satistics, any where a area is predominantly black you have poverty and crime, look it up.
Nobody is disputing that fact. I agree with you. Now that we know that what are the people in charge doing about it!! Action speaks louder than words and Paveletic, the chief and the Sheriff need to take action. That's what they are supposedly trained to do and get paid for. If I performed at my job they way they have, I would have been fired a long time ago! They need to stop crying about how to courts won't work with them and start doing what they CAN do. Grow a pair and DO YOUR JOB!! If they can't then they need to find another line of work cause right now they ain't cuttin' it. I'm gonna tell you something folks, you may be next!
okayfine

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

But, you ARE bashing the officers. It's the people themselves that need to help, too. Are there more things we could be doing? Different things? Maybe so. But when the very basics of human interaction are never taught at home-THIS is what you get.
There is no way to MAKE people "parent" their kids. Without some decent core principals-they'll always be thugs.

If you think I'm turning my head and hoping it'll go away-you're far more stupid than one might think. If you think you know of someone to be Chief or Sheriff (not that I'm crazy about the current officve-holders) who can predict when/where a crime will occur...and then prevent it, SHARE that person's name and let's get them to work.

Other than "Changing" who is in the office...what, specifically, do you suggest?
The Rock

Crystal Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

okayfine wrote:
But, you ARE bashing the officers. It's the people themselves that need to help, too. Are there more things we could be doing? Different things? Maybe so. But when the very basics of human interaction are never taught at home-THIS is what you get.
There is no way to MAKE people "parent" their kids. Without some decent core principals-they'll always be thugs.
If you think I'm turning my head and hoping it'll go away-you're far more stupid than one might think. If you think you know of someone to be Chief or Sheriff (not that I'm crazy about the current officve-holders) who can predict when/where a crime will occur...and then prevent it, SHARE that person's name and let's get them to work.
Other than "Changing" who is in the office...what, specifically, do you suggest?
Again, I am not trained in law enforcement, they ARE. The government TAKES my tax dollars to SERVE and PROTECT and I'm not getting what I am paying for. You feel safe? You feel protected? If I were trained and I was in charge I would take plenty of action. What good would it do to discuss those actions here? You would take each action and tell me why it wouldn't work or how they've tried it in the past or some other EXCUSE. I'm telling you now, the MAYOR, THE CHIEF OF POLICE AND THE SHERIFF ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOB AND THEY NEED TO RESIGN! Do you feel safe going out at night? Cause if you do, you are one of a very few. Again, I AM NOT blaming the officers, it's the leadership and the buck stops at the Mayors office in the city and at the sheriff's office in the county. I'm ignoring your 'stupid' comment altogether.

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Rock, even though your not trained, tell just what you sugguest they do.
Becca

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

The Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I am not trained in law enforcement, they ARE. The government TAKES my tax dollars to SERVE and PROTECT and I'm not getting what I am paying for. You feel safe? You feel protected? If I were trained and I was in charge I would take plenty of action. What good would it do to discuss those actions here? You would take each action and tell me why it wouldn't work or how they've tried it in the past or some other EXCUSE. I'm telling you now, the MAYOR, THE CHIEF OF POLICE AND THE SHERIFF ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOB AND THEY NEED TO RESIGN! Do you feel safe going out at night? Cause if you do, you are one of a very few. Again, I AM NOT blaming the officers, it's the leadership and the buck stops at the Mayors office in the city and at the sheriff's office in the county. I'm ignoring your 'stupid' comment altogether.

Rock, I am glad that you chose to ignore the stupid comment because it really is a waste of breath. I agree with both of you to an extent. We do pay our taxes for them to do the jobs they were trained to do. The problem is, certain individuals that hold office refuse to let others do their jobs. I am not trying to bash anyone at all by saying that, it is just plain fact. There is something we can do as citizens though. For one, do NOT re-elect him and for two, every law abiding citizen needs to have a permit to carry and be trained in the proper ways to use their guns. Each needs to be taught what the law really says and we need to also humble ourselves and pray. It is time for all of us to take our county back and it will only happen when all of us law abiding citizens stand up and say enough is enough and begin to make the changes needed. Being a police officer or detective is not an easy job. We do get a few bad apples but all in all we do have some stand up guys putting their lives on the line for us each and every day. I happen to attend church with several of them.

Since: Oct 12

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

FIRE THEY A$$....make a motion at the meetin' to MISFEASANCE....or MALFEASANCE...or nonFEASANCE
Its Been Said Before

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Like someone had said weeks ago when all the killing was going on, the cops need to let themselves be seen. Not just sitting at police station or at some coffee shop drinking coffee. Get out and patrol all streets and business several times each shift. Get those police cars out in the streets and in the neighborhoods all the time, not just when they are called. When you go to a buiness get out and go in, let the people see you doing your job. That in its self would make some people feel better. I myself have seen the police drive through my neighborhood once or twice in the past few years and they drive so fast it makes my head spin. So, slow down and drive through all of the Ripley streets and show yourself. These thugs don't like the law driving around the neighborhoods showing themselves, it messes up their plans. Well, it does sometimes.
The Rock

Crystal Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
Rock, even though your not trained, tell just what you sugguest they do.
1. Leaders have to lead from the front. if they can't vote them out
2. City and county have to have the desire to work together
3. Be ever-present. Let the thugs know you're just around the corner.
4. Extra patrol in high-crime areas
5. Hire MORE police. The taxpayers will pay to be safe.
6. Pay them more. Keep the best by paying good wages
7. Get the churches more involved with reaching out to high risk youth through mentoring programs
8. Get tough. Give tickets to folks who park in handicap spots or park in the fire lanes in front of stores. There is peach through strength. If you can't do the easy things how can you do the hard things?
9. Get help from other agencies; what are other cities and counties doing that could work for us??
10. You have to target PREVENTION AND ENFORCEMENT
AGAIN it's LEADERSHIP - LEADERSHIP - LEADERSHIP! We cannot accept the fact that there is nothing we can do. Lead - Follow - Or get the heck out of the way!
The Rock

Crystal Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

I meant to say 'there is peace through strength'. funny I was eating peach cobbler as I was writing this.
okayfine

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

There are some good points above, no doubt. People will SAY they'll be willing to pay more taxes for more police-but they'll recant if they start to pass it. Same goes for paying more.
Asking for advice from other towns dealing with the same things is a very good idea.
The Federal government is constantly trying to KEEP Churches OUT of anything Government-related.
I also accept that we can't just do nothing. But a reactionary and emotional response (Get rid of the bums!) is NOT realistic and not going to be the answer.
It's going to have to start with some "parenting" at home, too. We have many people in our society as a whole and here in Ripley, children haven't been taught the most basic of human civilities...much less how they're supposed to act in society. That, and babies having babies for a check, has taken our society where it is today.
Nothing you or I or anyone else rants here or wherever will bring back Mr. Patel. It will also be difficult for any of that to stop any other random thug who just up and decides to rob a store or rape and shoot someone.
Prevention goes waaaay beyond more cops and a different Mayor.

Brownsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

The Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Leaders have to lead from the front. if they can't vote them out
2. City and county have to have the desire to work together
3. Be ever-present. Let the thugs know you're just around the corner.
4. Extra patrol in high-crime areas
5. Hire MORE police. The taxpayers will pay to be safe.
6. Pay them more. Keep the best by paying good wages
7. Get the churches more involved with reaching out to high risk youth through mentoring programs
8. Get tough. Give tickets to folks who park in handicap spots or park in the fire lanes in front of stores. There is peach through strength. If you can't do the easy things how can you do the hard things?
9. Get help from other agencies; what are other cities and counties doing that could work for us??
10. You have to target PREVENTION AND ENFORCEMENT
AGAIN it's LEADERSHIP - LEADERSHIP - LEADERSHIP! We cannot accept the fact that there is nothing we can do. Lead - Follow - Or get the heck out of the way!
11. Hire officers that wants to make a difference not just draw a check
12. Spend more time with the youth of this county to let them see officers as human beings and not just someone that wants to take them to jail
13. Show the officers that dont care about their jobs the highway! No more Dead Weight
14. Hold Elected Officials Accountable!
The Rock

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>11. Hire officers that wants to make a difference not just draw a check
12. Spend more time with the youth of this county to let them see officers as human beings and not just someone that wants to take them to jail
13. Show the officers that dont care about their jobs the highway! No more Dead Weight
14. Hold Elected Officials Accountable!
I agree with what you added to my post. Now what do we do?
Citizen

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

WE voted the Mayors and Sheriff into office...just as we did the President. The people have spoken. Apparently, the majority do not want to change what we have. Why weren't you on this site spewing all this last week? Oh, you are being reactive to a terrible tragedy and expoloiting it. What were you doing before the shooting? I firmly believe that the officers were watching out for you and me when the murder took place. Nothing happened to us...they can't be at every place at once.
yep and yup

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

I see the city dog catcher on my street everday more than the police thats a crying shame he patrols more than the police
Citizen

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Do you lie in a high crime area? Have you ever been robbed? Anybody been raped on your street? Then why in the h#%% would the police be cruising down your street when there is no crime????? Just because you don't see them in your 'hood doesn't mean they are not working.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ripley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 12 min WOW 9,268
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 32 min Mississippi gurl 144,722
Highest County UnemploymentRates # 1 Lauderdale... 1 hr Working-Joe 1
Idiots that marked Obama for president (Apr '10) 4 hr Samuel-6g-Jackson 282
help 5 hr Love It 2
Ferguson Mo. 9 hr truth 3
51 Diner? 12 hr Dianne isome 15

Search the Ripley Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Ripley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000