Doctor Accused Of Attempted Rape

Doctor Accused Of Attempted Rape

There are 154 comments on the WREG story from Oct 8, 2009, titled Doctor Accused Of Attempted Rape. In it, WREG reports that:

A Mid-South doctor is accused of attempting to rape one of his own patients. Dr. Robert Magee, a general practitioner at the Ripley Medical Clinic in Lauderdale County was indicted by a grand jury Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

Confused

Shepherdsville, KY

#141 Sep 25, 2010
I wasn't there and I don't know what happened, but if I was innocent I would go to my grave proving my innocence. Why plead guilty to a lessor charge if you did nothing wrong? He must of had a really dumb lawyer.

You can go to WBBJ.com and they have a written report of the case.

“Ignore the stupid. ”

Since: May 10

& the rest make sense.

#142 Sep 25, 2010
FYI wrote:
Yep is RIGHT! Who said anytyhing before this accusations, no-one, thats right!! Our whole family, from Grandparents, to kids have Dr. Magee as a family Dr., with absoulutly NO complaiants! If anyone felt uncomfortable with his down to earth niceness, they should have switched Doctors, and found a new physician. Why did so many wait to attack after he was accused? Because people like to kick others when theyre down! The last time we went in to see Dr Magee, he had so many patitents, we waited for four hours! I could hear everything going on in the next room while waiting on him to enter my room. I am also a young, attractive lady, and he has NEVER made any advances on me! I Believe everyone needs to look at all points of this! Something does NOT seem right!
Or maybe your not his type? Just cause he didn't do it to you doesn't mean he didn't do it.

Since: Sep 10

Shepherdsville, KY

#143 Sep 25, 2010
Thanks a lot for your quick response, i'll look it up.
mlm12

Memphis, TN

#144 Sep 25, 2010
I have seen Dr. Magee in the er , never had a problem with him. And yea these times has gotten people crazy , from stealing ,killing, breaking into places, robbing at gunpoint to who knows what. But the bottom line is MONEY, they just want it fast and without working for it. I say get a J-O-B and stop all this mess.
yup wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, and you're the very first person that I've heard tell what I believe. It's all about the money. It seems hard times are resulting in bringing others down. Anyone that goes to that clinic knows that you can hear people talking from 2 rooms down. They also have no locks on the doors of the rooms. Not to mention the wonderful nurses are in and out throughout the Dr's visit. My wife, Grandmother, aunt's, uncles, cousins, and I all go to Dr. Magee. I think the whole thing is crazy. If anyone believes this, they need to get a hobby besides jumping on the gossip / drama loving bandwagon. He is innocent. Everyone will see. I just don't know what we can do with these gold diggers. Move out west if you want to be a fouty-niner!

Shepherdsville, KY

#145 Sep 25, 2010
Well, check out the website for wbbj 7 cus he plead guilty to lesser charges, he will not suffer any though they are going to try to get him off on probation and wipe his record clean. As they always say money talks and bs walks, take it as you will.
FormerPatient

Ripley, TN

#146 Sep 25, 2010
Confused wrote:
I wasn't there and I don't know what happened, but if I was innocent I would go to my grave proving my innocence. Why plead guilty to a lessor charge if you did nothing wrong? He must of had a really dumb lawyer.
You can go to WBBJ.com and they have a written report of the case.
I agree with Confused and HRoach. I'm sorry to one who said it is about money. He stood in front of a judge in a court of law and News cameras while the D.A. read off EVERYTHING that happened that day. He said "I'm Guilty"!!! If I didn't commit a crime do you think I would EVER say those words. Like confused said I would go to my grave fighting and proffessing my innocence. The judge asked him "so you are admitting your guilty to the charges", Magee's words "Yes Sir". Do you think I liked it? I was there to support him. One thing I have learned, just because you think a person isn't the type to do something like that, doesn't make it any less true. Just like someone telling what happened to them, be telling the truth even if you don't think it is possible. The point is he had his day in court. He could have said whatever he wanted, instead he told the truth. I'm guilty! End of story.
justitia

Ripley, TN

#147 Sep 26, 2010
It's like rolling the dice and taking a chance when you have a case heard before a jury. Innocent people all over this country have been found guilty and guilty people have taken the same chance and been found innocent by a jury. I'm sure that this case has taken a financial and emotional toll on the doctor AND his family.
I'm not speaking of innocence or guilt, it's not been my case to decide. Sometimes people opt out for the lesser charge and plead guilty to avoid a lengthy trial and futher financial strain. I can say for myself I would never plead guilty if I were truly innocent but I cannot speak for others.
If the case, for the state, was strong enough to ensure a gulity verdict why did they even offer a lesser charge? The state has no obligation to this doctor and did not have to offer him a plea deal.....if the evidence were strong enough they shouldn't have offered the deal. Makes you wonder.

“Ignore the stupid. ”

& the rest make sense.

#148 Sep 26, 2010
justitia wrote:
It's like rolling the dice and taking a chance when you have a case heard before a jury. Innocent people all over this country have been found guilty and guilty people have taken the same chance and been found innocent by a jury. I'm sure that this case has taken a financial and emotional toll on the doctor AND his family.
I'm not speaking of innocence or guilt, it's not been my case to decide. Sometimes people opt out for the lesser charge and plead guilty to avoid a lengthy trial and futher financial strain. I can say for myself I would never plead guilty if I were truly innocent but I cannot speak for others.
If the case, for the state, was strong enough to ensure a gulity verdict why did they even offer a lesser charge? The state has no obligation to this doctor and did not have to offer him a plea deal.....if the evidence were strong enough they shouldn't have offered the deal. Makes you wonder.
Just because a deal was offered doesn't mean the evidence was weak. Just as you say an innocent person may admit guilt to a lessor charge to save money and time, so may it stand that the prosecution and courts have alot of cases backlogged and need to expidite a few of them, even if it is an injustice to the victim.
In their shoes

Ripley, TN

#149 Sep 26, 2010
justitia wrote:
It's easy to say what we would or would not do in any situation that we are not facing ourselves. You are correct about the State's case, not one there. The victim had way too much past for them to overcome. In my opinion, this woman is only looking for her payday.
MaD

Ripley, TN

#150 Sep 26, 2010
you are stupid, it would had never been to court if that was the case. he said he did it and you people are still saying the same thing. you just have to have something bad to say.
In their shoes wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy to say what we would or would not do in any situation that we are not facing ourselves. You are correct about the State's case, not one there. The victim had way too much past for them to overcome. In my opinion, this woman is only looking for her payday.
justitia

Ripley, TN

#151 Sep 26, 2010
Source: WBBJ

09/24/10 - Lauderdale County

Magee In Court
By: Alisha Searl
[email protected]
5:30 p.m.

A West Tennessee doctor accused of trying to rape one of his patients pleads guilty to lesser charges.

Dr. Robert Magee entered a best interest guilty plea on charges of attempted reckless aggravated assault and offensive touching.

But that does not mean he is going to jail. Magee's attorney asked the judge to grant a diversion, which means the doctor would get probation and could eventually have the charges dismissed all together.

With little expression, Dr. Robert Magee stands before court officials and supporters, a year after he was indicted for attempted rape and sexual battery of a female patient.

His plea: guilty, but that is not the whole story.

Karen Duvall, a current patient of Dr. Magee, says , "I didn't like it one bit."

Duvall says she is in court supporting the family practitioner that has been taking care of her back pain for the last five years.

Duvall, adds," It's something I never thought would have happened with Dr. Magee because he was always a nice doctor. He just didn't seem like that type."

According to prosecutors, during an examination, Dr. Magee tried to rape a female patient. They say his DNA was found on her underwear.

But Dr. Magee's attorney denies these claims, saying an independent crime lab's examination of the same sample, did not show the same results.

Mark Donahoe, Dr. Magee's Attorney, says, "It's our position that there was never an attempt at sexual intercourse and we have taken that position since day one in this case."

Dr. Magee plead guilty to lesser charges, in hopes the judge will only give him probation.

Donahoe, adds, "If the court grants it, he has the ability to have his record completely expunged, cleaned up, and the case dismissed."

Dr. Magee has had a license to practice for the last 32 years and we are told these allegations have not stopped him from continuing his work in Ripley.

We will have to wait until Dr. Magee's sentencing hearing in October to find out of his patients will have to find another doctor come winter.

Dr. Magee will be back in court October 12th.
payday

Humboldt, TN

#152 Sep 26, 2010
so if the Dr. does admit guilt he should lose a civil suit to this "victim" wouldn't he? Sounds like ching ching. Not a lawyer but i would say so.
Haha

Ripley, TN

#154 Sep 27, 2010
You are full of it!
patient wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I have to disagree with you. I have been a patient of his for many years now and I also know the accuser in this matter. It very much happened but both partys was welling. He done it bc she allowed it. She was going to get pills and when he turned her down , she made one final attempt to get back at him and that was to screw one last time so she could get the d.n.a! I drive a lengthy drive to see him bc the clinic staff is nice and friendly along with the medical staff and the clinic is the only one that takes my ins not unless I wont to drive to Jackson. The girl buys pills every chance she gets and also drives to Missouri to get them . How do I know? Bc she buys from a family member of mine!!!! So don't say what someone would do to just to have a case done and over with!!!!

“Ignore the stupid. ”

& the rest make sense.

#155 Sep 28, 2010
patient wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I have to disagree with you. I have been a patient of his for many years now and I also know the accuser in this matter. It very much happened but both partys was welling. He done it bc she allowed it. She was going to get pills and when he turned her down , she made one final attempt to get back at him and that was to screw one last time so she could get the d.n.a! I drive a lengthy drive to see him bc the clinic staff is nice and friendly along with the medical staff and the clinic is the only one that takes my ins not unless I wont to drive to Jackson. The girl buys pills every chance she gets and also drives to Missouri to get them . How do I know? Bc she buys from a family member of mine!!!! So don't say what someone would do to just to have a case done and over with!!!!
Apparently we are all wrong then. Since she had to have already been engaged in sexual liassons with the good doctor for pill's ( which is still wrong for the doctor to do,) and she did this for a set-up then by all means go to the coutroom, talk to his lawyer, SPPEAK UP FOR YOUR DOCTOR. Either stand up or shut up, it's that simple.
just heard

Ripley, TN

#156 Sep 30, 2010
Has anyone heard about patients,and other people that back him,being there Oct.12,to show their support?I am not trying to stir anything up,just asking.My heart goes out to the most innocent ones,which i believe are the children.I wish people would think about the children,and what all they have had to hear and endure,before they judge anyone.
Whatever

Ripley, TN

#157 Sep 30, 2010
just heard wrote:
Has anyone heard about patients,and other people that back him,being there Oct.12,to show their support?I am not trying to stir anything up,just asking.My heart goes out to the most innocent ones,which i believe are the children.I wish people would think about the children,and what all they have had to hear and endure,before they judge anyone.
Has anyone heard about patients and other people that he has done this to going to stand up for justice for what he has done to all of them??? Other people have children too. Why didnt anyone go to support him when he said "Im guilty"?
nurse

United States

#158 Sep 30, 2010
the paper said he did a best interest plea which is different than a guilty plea. best interest means he was ready to get this over with- i think. if he raped a woman why wouldnt they push for him to go to prison? sounds like all of em wanted to get it over with. im sure the doc spent a lot of money on his lawyer.
just heard

Ripley, TN

#159 Sep 30, 2010
if he done this to so many,y is it just now coming out.maybe they were scared,i don't know..no one knows what the true story is but the dr.,the victim,and God.I just happen to have a big heart,when it comes to children.they r all innocent in this,and none of this is fair to them.one thing i do know for sure...All parties involved,will have to answer to God,come judgment day.and just to clarify things,i was speaking for ALL of the children,not for any certain family.

Location hidden

#160 Sep 30, 2010
Is this the same Dr. Magee that practiced at the Henry County Medical Center in Paris, TN., in the late 80's & early 90's?
Anonymous

Munford, TN

#161 Oct 1, 2010
thank you wrote:
thank you former patient! I believe you all the way. I have a monitored email you can email me at [email protected] ....and to the lady above...yes there is a right of freedom of speech, and there is also slander. you want all the comments speaking highly of this doctor to stay, yet when people are saying she is lieing there is no way he could have done this thats ok. Once again I understand he has a family, guess what she does too. And all the people standing up for what he has done to them sais alot! Thanks!
my only concern is to why he plead guilty to a crime if the he is not even though it was a lesser charge if a person is not guilty of any wrong doing then stand up for your right of innocence there is no way to prove a person innocent if a person gets scared or let the system scare them into a plea verses the truth

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ripley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 13 hr Princess Hey 14,041
Firehouse (Jul '12) May 21 Izzy-_- 429
Drop a Word/Add a Word (Mar '12) May 21 Princess Hey 2,127
Poll add a word drop a word (Jul '13) May 17 Say watt 1,415
Phillip Rhoads' novel May 16 Izzy-_- 6
Trump that! May 16 Samuel-7g-Jackson 11
Fathers mistreated by juvenile court judge May 15 Izzy-_- 5

Ripley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance