First Prev
of 4
Next Last

United States

#1 Feb 24, 2013
Love me some karaoke at the VFW fun and good times! Good variety of songs and the operator is good at what he does! Gonna go tonight!
just woundering

Ripley, TN

#3 Feb 25, 2013
vfw sucks and they are letting trouble makers come back in again suppose to be bared...when i ran that place is was fun aboit 6 years ago and the karsoke sounds like shit
custmoer

Vandalia, IL

#4 Feb 25, 2013
well unfortunately you didnt do a great job either or you wold have been voted back in..All you men do is sit and talk about each other and as a customer we get sick of hearing it. We just want to come have a drink and not hear you complain because whos running it...and i do agree that the karaoke sucks. all them people wo think they can sing.

Ripley, TN

#5 Feb 25, 2013
The karaoke sucks, the people running the place don't care about the place or the people who come in there. Diane and Ronnie sound like dying cats when they try to sing, there are many others that shouldn't but do I would much rather listen to nail scratching across a chalk board than to listen to the sounds they call singing inn that place They have their favorites who they want to hear sing the person who didn't get voted back in as commander was because he didn't run the last time, as a customer I don;t want to come in and listen to the crap or put up with the fights. that is why I choose to drink at home now,also if you are not one of the favs in there and the bartender doesn't like you they call the law on you when you leave to make sure you get pulled over for a DUI. So just watch your back.
JUST ME

Tucker, GA

#6 Feb 25, 2013
That so called bartenders name wouldn't be Kelly would it?

Ripley, TN

#7 Feb 25, 2013
UMMMMMM YEAP!!!!!!!!!!
Guest3

United States

#8 Feb 25, 2013
I am so glad that this can be traced to your ipp to your computer..and glad that moderators here help with this. Because people like you are probably old as hell and need to stay home. Stop all the damn drama. It's always jealousy. Just remember Hell will be hot.
David

United States

#9 Feb 25, 2013
Who cares they all suck at singing even last ones running it.. Stacey thought she could sing when truth is you could even hear her and it sounds like she is dying. Bubba cranked the damn music up to loud. Donnie thinks he's a performer. Kelly is crazy as hell but I do enjoy her as a bartender.
guest wrote:
The karaoke sucks, the people running the place don't care about the place or the people who come in there. Diane and Ronnie sound like dying cats when they try to sing, there are many others that shouldn't but do I would much rather listen to nail scratching across a chalk board than to listen to the sounds they call singing inn that place They have their favorites who they want to hear sing the person who didn't get voted back in as commander was because he didn't run the last time, as a customer I don;t want to come in and listen to the crap or put up with the fights. that is why I choose to drink at home now,also if you are not one of the favs in there and the bartender doesn't like you they call the law on you when you leave to make sure you get pulled over for a DUI. So just watch your back.
patron

United States

#10 Feb 25, 2013
There is only one or two folks who can really sing. One is a woman with real long dark brown hair and the other is a guy with blondish hair.
ghost

Ripley, TN

#11 Feb 25, 2013
I realized a long time ago that the bartenders call the cops and I have not heard anyone sing really good doing this kind of stuff. It should all just be in good fun.
LMAO

Ripley, TN

#12 Feb 25, 2013
This is to funny thanks for the laughter today, truth be known the best singers that place ever had no long go out there, because of the joke the place has become and yes guest there where some that are extremely good that used to grace the VFW with their talent.BTW Stacy's name is spelled Stacy not "Stacey". But that is neither here nor there.... Gossip and Drama and backstabbers are the reason people quit going to this joke of a place. Donnie will never be anything but a temporary replacement, and all those who think they know what is going on sit back and watch for the future will tell its own story. THINKING and BEING a PERFORMER are two TOTALLY different things!!!! Bubba was a good commander and Stacy was a good bartender, the place was fun and they made sure they had up to date music and songs for singers to choose from when was the last time they updated their music, how many of the new songs are you singing from now, watching and waiting here in Ripley!!!!!!!!
David

United States

#13 Feb 25, 2013
Your right another person will come in take over will sit back and do with out heat or maybe electric. As we did once before. But truth is no matter who's there running there's always talking while they are there and once they are gone. What really need to happen is someone open up a decent place... What all you idiots don't understand is this is for the veterans. Each one of you come in like you own the damn thing when you don't.
toadie

United States

#14 Feb 25, 2013
patron wrote:
There is only one or two folks who can really sing. One is a woman with real long dark brown hair and the other is a guy with blondish hair.
The woman with long hair can sing but she can't stage perform worth a damn.
Exactly

Ripley, TN

#15 Feb 25, 2013
David wrote:
Your right another person will come in take over will sit back and do with out heat or maybe electric. As we did once before. But truth is no matter who's there running there's always talking while they are there and once they are gone. What really need to happen is someone open up a decent place... What all you idiots don't understand is this is for the veterans. Each one of you come in like you own the damn thing when you don't.
This is why some of us Veterans and our familys do not come out their any longer! Because they hire outside and let anybody and everybody get a membership, it is treated as a nite club for the ripley natives, No matter who you are ou can come in from the outside start trouble and nothing gets done about it, Is the dj a Vet (NO) is Kelly a Vet (don't think so??) is Geniveve a Vet absolutly not!!!! Is Diane a VET (NO) how bout Cora (NO) these are the ones running things, when our officers are not there running the place, so it is what it is.
Confused

United States

#16 Feb 25, 2013
It's been open to public for years! Me and my friends got a guest card 2 years ago just because we came in a lot. I was in there just few months ago and it's still the same place just new faces. Are you saying that only Vets can be In there?
just woundering

Ripley, TN

#17 Feb 25, 2013
ronnie was the commander at the vfw about 20 years ago all i have been hearing he broke the place,i dont think he will be voted back in again in april
hey

Ripley, TN

#18 Feb 25, 2013
Technically its a private club for VFW veterans of foreign wars. But they bend the rules and restrictions and let anyone in. You are supposed to be card carrying member to enter.
sad

Longview, TX

#19 Feb 25, 2013
Well i am only a guest member and all I can say is its bad when the so CALLED members or Board members dont support it. It takes my money to help keep the bils going. Tell you the truth I along with everyone else who comes in should just stop going and lets see if the doors stay open, because when I come in your right where are the VETS at? I along with others really dont give a damn who runs what. I come in there to get away from work, home, and relax. After reading all this garbage that someone who wants to start on a computer because your to coward to show up on a friday or saturday night and tell us customers how you feel.From the past few times I was in there you cant even sit down on a friday or saturday night!! oh but wait i guess thats bad business....
JUST ME

Humboldt, TN

#20 Feb 25, 2013
No, Kelly is just bad for business.
not deleted

Ripley, TN

#21 Feb 26, 2013
It is still here, but it will be gone soon they don't want people knowing how sorry the place and the people running it really are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ripley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 1 hr Maverick 808 14,050
Poll add a word drop a word (Jul '13) 17 hr Princess Hey 1,417
Drop a Word/Add a Word (Mar '12) 17 hr Princess Hey 2,129
Hot cop in halls (Dec '14) Thu TallCop 5
Mobile Patrol Thu guest 4
Firehouse (Jul '12) May 21 Izzy-_- 429
Phillip Rhoads' novel May 16 Izzy-_- 6

Ripley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance