Go to last page| Jump to page:

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

I was wondering if they still let the children receive Valentine's Day flowers, cards, candy, etc at the school? I'm asking as in stuff being delivered at the school.

Talco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Guest wrote:
I was wondering if they still let the children receive Valentine's Day flowers, cards, candy, etc at the school? I'm asking as in stuff being delivered at the school.
Yes, but some schools only allow them to be delivered certain times, so you may want to check with the individual school for times. Also, they are not allowed to have balloons on the buses.
hope i helped

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Yes you can but ONLY if you pick them up as a car rider. They aren't allowed to take it on the school bus.
Blondee

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Sure hope teachers pay close attention to this kind of thing!!You never now nowdays.. Just saying....
Teacher

Halls, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Why not have the Valentine's gifts waiting at home when your child comes home? Having the gifts delivered to the school is such a disruption to the school day and so many children do not get gifts and causes heart break. Many of the kids who get elaborate gifts at Valentines are the very ones who never have school supplies.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

I live in a different county than my child therefore I'm not going to be able to see her on Valentine's Day. That's why I asked.

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Teacher wrote:
Why not have the Valentine's gifts waiting at home when your child comes home? Having the gifts delivered to the school is such a disruption to the school day and so many children do not get gifts and causes heart break. Many of the kids who get elaborate gifts at Valentines are the very ones who never have school supplies.
I was thinking the same thing. Some kids won't get anything and it would be better for everyone if the stuff is waiting at home. You can have the valentines delivered at home just as well as at school.
Concern parent

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

I am wondering how the board of education could hire someone ,to work there and not drug test them ! That hodge girl working there and been snorting meth !What the heck is going on people!!!Wake up !!!
parent

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

what hodge girl is she a teacher?
john d

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

If you really want to talk about the Lauderdale Schools-what about the prejudice principals that can't speak proper English and cater very much to the black students and parents? Anyone else noticed this? Nice examples for our youth.
booger

Selmer, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Yes I have noticed and have experienced
booger

Selmer, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

What do you think they do at church all afternoon on Sunday. They teach how to be obnoxious and how to take advantage of the government
parent

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Thanks to lauderdale ripley high school for trying to stop me from homeschooling my children by calling their father and getting him involved. I know you get mega bucks for spec ed kids, but when you do something that intentionally hurts them, and you know this child has been mentally and physically abused by his father, and you still use this as a bargaingin tool, it shows me what you are really are about. You are not interested in the best interest of the child, its about what? Making kids miserable, and they are at that school! Staff have a bad attitude and you cant expect kids to listen to you when you come at them with so much negative attitude. Thank you ms. white for your input in helping my ex torture my kids some more! And if my child hurts his self due to his father coming and taking him from school one day, or dear old dad lays his hands on my child, what are you going to do then, pat yourself on the back for a job well done?
proschools

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

@ parent: you can put the child's father on a list that disallows him the access of picking your child up at school. It may be harder to control at the high school level but at least there will be some legal obligation on the schools end.
Two Sides

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Has he been charged or convicted of abusing this child? If not then he has every right the law allows both parents. If your child is a special needs student my question is to you - are you able to and have the proper resources you would need to ensure the best possible education for youe child?
parent

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Homeschooling is about tayloring the education to the childs needs and I know this, and know my child better than anyone else. In the 10 yrs they have had my child for most of his waking hrs. the school cant no more than give me a vague Learning disability label, have 2 meetings with me a yr. and still push him through school without really helping him. It wouldnt take much to give him a better education than what he is getting. Yes his father was charged several yrs ago for the daughter but not the son. This is a seperate incident.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

I recommend K12, TNVA. It is public school, and they supply the computer, printer, books, etc. They are quite supportive
We got started late and have been playing catch up, but all have worked with us.
The on line classes are recorded if your child has a doctor's appointment and the class can be covered later with quiz at the end.

They go all the way through 12th grade.
parent

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Have not heard of that, who would I contact about doing that. An address or website would be appreciated.
yep

Roanoke, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Two Sides wrote:
Has he been charged or convicted of abusing this child? If not then he has every right the law allows both parents. If your child is a special needs student my question is to you - are you able to and have the proper resources you would need to ensure the best possible education for youe child?
Unfortunately, the school has to follow the custody orders even when the parents are in the middle of trying to change them. Until the court orders the change, the school has to go by the law in place or they would get sued.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

parent, just use your search site and type in TNVA or K12 and the information should come up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Ripley Forum right now

Search the Ripley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 13 min simply 123,969
Two Ripley women charged with shoplifting over ... 4 hr barbanra 8
Dickens Discussions (Sep '11) 4 hr Dickens1 6,723
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 6 hr Wabbit 10,021
any jobs hiring in or near the lauderdale co. a... 7 hr whatever 4
High gas prices 7 hr mas 18
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 10 hr sally 58,245
•••
•••
•••
•••

Ripley Jobs

•••