Ripley Basketball
BlueJayFan4Life

United States

#126 Jan 2, 2012
guru wrote:
What you idiots are failing to see is the very clear point I'm making. Put kids like Bennett in that will do both. Kids that aren't one dimensional. If they score 100 points a night that's great. But if their defense (lack of) gives up more than the individual scores, what are u gaining? I have seen plenty of leads build whn Marty plays his bench. I have seen those leads disappear when he put his starters back in! Were any of you at the Manchester game? If so, you should have paid attention. None of you seem to be very educated. You can only see what is in front of you. Idiotic fools you are.
Did you read 1 of my last posts about playing on both ends of the floor? in case you don't understand that means OFFENSE/DEFENSE! Honestly from your last post sounds like you have a problem with Marty. Maybe you should take that up with him. I'll give you your point about Donte he's very quick and also a very good defender not to mention probably the best passer on the team,but some of your other comments lead me to believe your clueless about the game and yes i was at the Manchester game were you?
A life

Dayton, OH

#127 Jan 2, 2012
why dont you all get a Life ? grow up, its a basketball game !!!
Ripley Fan

Dayton, OH

#128 Jan 3, 2012
A life wrote:
why dont you all get a Life ? grow up, its a basketball game !!!
So right!!! Let these boys play and let their coach do his job!!!
ravye williams

United States

#129 Jan 3, 2012
haha wrote:
First off yes Mason County is a county school, but look at the size of the county. It is nearly half the size of Brown County. Second, Mason County has had some players move in the school district in the past, but there best players are home grown. Examples include: 2003 state championship team was led by Chris Lofton and the 2008 state championship team was led by Darius Miller, both of whom were home grown and went on to have very successful college careers in the SEC.
You can say these power schools recruit but you are wrong for the most part. When you are successful, people want to come to your program. I mean if players want to play for schools like Mason COunty, obviously this school must have something to offer or they would not transfer there.
I am a Ripley fan and support our basketball program, but I still don't believe we can compete with a "down" Mason County team this year. Perfect example is Mason County beat St. Pat by 30+ points and we had to win the game on a shot in the last 10 seconds. I mean dont compare records unless you want to compare the competition that we play and the competition that Mason County plays. They schedule the best teams in the state year in and year out and that is why they are successful when the district and regional tournament time roll around.
The biggest problem here is people who know very little about basketball think they know everything. Yes this group at Ripley is very talented, but people who know basketball know it takes more than talent to win basketball games. You have to play on both ends of the floor, have good team chemistry, and have a little luck. Right now this team only wants to play on one end of the floor and has had a lot of luck with narrow victories over less talented teams such as Felicity and St. Pat.
Haha okay you name darius miller who also had a teammate named trevor setty who is from peebles high school who did just as much as him in that state championship run.. also his little brother treg setty who is also from Peebles, Oh and was probably there leading scorer last year and is playing D1 this year but they don't recruit? Your dumb, don't ever consider yourself a ripley fan and down the team when they are winning jackass! Oh and on your comment about competition... We are a smaller school so we play teams who are around our size! Mason county doesn't always play the best competition I'm pretty sure st. Pat and the same size as them. You play the type of competition that is goin to get in your way to a state championship and plus Ohio is different from Kentucky we have leagues so we are forced to play certain teams so learn more about the subject before you comment
Right ON

Dayton, OH

#130 Jan 3, 2012
Guess you set him straight Ravye!! He is just a person that likes to stir it!! People dont listen to him, only to laugh because he is so stupid.
guru

United States

#131 Jan 6, 2012
Wow. I don't need to say anything. But I can certainly laugh.
parent

United States

#132 Jan 6, 2012
What's marty goin to do next year when kennedys team is gone and he has to start over because they are goin to totally suck because all that plays is seniors and maybe 1 junior better enjoy it why u can because next year your goin to see the real marty adams
nuts

Dayton, OH

#133 Jan 6, 2012
parent it is easy to get on here and run your mouth but when the kids dont respect you how can you talk about a coach. if your so smart why dont you apply for the job.
what

Hillsboro, OH

#134 Jan 6, 2012
nuts wrote:
parent it is easy to get on here and run your mouth but when the kids dont respect you how can you talk about a coach. if your so smart why dont you apply for the job.
Pretty sure that there was applicants that was not in the political arena that did apply......

another parent

United States

#135 Jan 7, 2012
Well I think you will have a better chance of getting the job if u apply at Pepsi first. You can't win with 6 kids. They ran out of gas in the second half. Marty you are pathetic.
parent

United States

#136 Jan 7, 2012
There were some real good coachs that did apply but they didn't have achance because they were not from ripley and didn't have pepsi sponsoring. Them.
Ripley Fan

Dayton, OH

#137 Jan 8, 2012
another parent wrote:
Well I think you will have a better chance of getting the job if u apply at Pepsi first. You can't win with 6 kids. They ran out of gas in the second half. Marty you are pathetic.
He took them out of man for the 2ndhalf, big mistake and he left the starters out too long.....giving the opponents chance to get too close in score....expecting them to catch up in score. You dont take them out for long or at all in a game that intense. Learning lessons in that game!!!!
wrong

Dayton, OH

#138 Jan 8, 2012
parent wrote:
What's marty goin to do next year when kennedys team is gone and he has to start over because they are goin to totally suck because all that plays is seniors and maybe 1 junior better enjoy it why u can because next year your goin to see the real marty adams
I think you are wrong about next year.The kids that will be the varsity team will be kids that have played together since third grade.They know each other very well when it comes to playing basketball.Marty has coached these kids off and on since third grade, he knows what each kid is capable of. So i think next year will be a good season for ripley basketball.
Ripley Fan

Dayton, OH

#139 Jan 8, 2012
wrong wrote:
<quoted text> I think you are wrong about next year.The kids that will be the varsity team will be kids that have played together since third grade.They know each other very well when it comes to playing basketball.Marty has coached these kids off and on since third grade, he knows what each kid is capable of. So i think next year will be a good season for ripley basketball.
All the seniors on this years team have been together for years.
ravye williams

United States

#140 Jan 8, 2012
parent wrote:
What's marty goin to do next year when kennedys team is gone and he has to start over because they are goin to totally suck because all that plays is seniors and maybe 1 junior better enjoy it why u can because next year your goin to see the real marty adams
Hold up! I'm pretty sure Marty coached almost everyone before coach Kennedy ever had them so that makes no sense at all! Marty coached us to a 15-0 record my freshman year so its not Marty! It's the people who have the game in there hands out on the court! Marty can't play for them. Yeah I'm sure he messes up at times but really he is human I don't see any of you all over there and taking the time he does to get them ready for every game! Some of you parents have no clue of what he goes through but I give him mad props on how they are doin right now! But Marty is a great coach no matter what the fans or parents say because their record show it!
ripley fan

Dayton, OH

#141 Jan 8, 2012
you are right the seniors have played together for years. but...kennedy let perkins throw the ball away constantly just like he did against peebles. It is great that he scores points but he gives away that many and more. He looks down instead of up when going down the floor and drives into 5 defenders. He refuses to play defense! You have bradford and salens pulling down rebounds when perkins is standing on the 3 point line. mitchell should have been put back in on friday since salens was not hitting alot of shots.
duh

United States

#142 Jan 8, 2012
ripley fan wrote:
you are right the seniors have played together for years. but...kennedy let perkins throw the ball away constantly just like he did against peebles. It is great that he scores points but he gives away that many and more. He looks down instead of up when going down the floor and drives into 5 defenders. He refuses to play defense! You have bradford and salens pulling down rebounds when perkins is standing on the 3 point line. mitchell should have been put back in on friday since salens was not hitting alot of shots.
Why do you people constanly insist on putting down Perkins. Other people do things wrong to it wasn't just him. In the peebles game he was told to box out the big guy amd LET Riley and Gage and everyone else get the rebound.
Right on

Dayton, OH

#143 Jan 8, 2012
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you people constanly insist on putting down Perkins. Other people do things wrong to it wasn't just him. In the peebles game he was told to box out the big guy amd LET Riley and Gage and everyone else get the rebound.
Yep Perkins is doing what he is told, are you all at the practices or sitting on the bench? He is a great ballplayer and the team depends on him. He has great skills and just being on the floor shows his size and attitude are intimidating to the other team.
talking

Dayton, OH

#144 Jan 9, 2012
I agree that perkins is a strong player. how many rebounds did riley have at the peebles game? He impressed me ! To everybody else-coaches are gonna make mistakes, just like the players do ! Enjoy the games and quit complaining.
Ripley Fan

Dayton, OH

#145 Jan 10, 2012
talking wrote:
I agree that perkins is a strong player. how many rebounds did riley have at the peebles game? He impressed me ! To everybody else-coaches are gonna make mistakes, just like the players do ! Enjoy the games and quit complaining.
Yes I agree with you, as you can see these boys are doing what the coach tells them to do. Play where the coach tells them to play and just because they are not in the position on the floor that some fans think they should be, then they start with their negative comments about the player. Let the coach and that is what he is, do his job and yes he will make mistakes just like the players, but that is his job and the players their job to do as he tells them, right or wrong in peoples eyes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ripley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Single men (Feb '17) 2 hr Jodi 9
douche in black dodge 23 hr Mike 1
angie jones Mon slackbo 1
Micaela Miller Sun wow 59
jethros (Jul '16) Sep 19 peanut butter 12
Local hangout Sep 18 New local 6
Aberdeen Ohio Morals Sep 18 Tired 2

Ripley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ripley Mortgages