Next Last
facts

United States

#1 Feb 3, 2011
will any of them keep their seats
Let me tell u

United States

#2 Feb 4, 2011
Jimmy Gunn want he is done. He can go stay at bugers and stuff because nobody that people like goes there anyway. The people that go there have know pull with the everyday people
Just wondering

Detroit, MI

#3 Feb 9, 2011
You're lucky if J Gunn will even SPEAK to you. He doesn't even speak when i see him.
WTF?

Ripley, MS

#4 Feb 9, 2011
Well the county has gone to crap. The hospital is "broke" so they say but the adm gives himself a huge raise. Hmmmm.... Does that sound right ?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#5 Mar 6, 2011
Jimmy gunn will get reelected. He his a man of his word
ripley native

Ripley, MS

#6 Mar 7, 2011
The only way we can get rid of these people is to vote. We have to make the people of tippah county see how vital this election is. The condition of this county didn't happen overnite. Everyone that hasn't been voting must get off their lazy butts and realize that their one vote does make a difference. The supervisors along with BOBBY M. has ruined this county. The common man must take control now. The so called smart people of this county has only made themselves richer over the last 100 years at our expense. We have to know who we elect before the election. Make them define themselves before you vote for them. Ask them why we pay a road coordinator and a road manager. Why can't ripley get along with the rest of the county. Do we really need a north and south half school district or just separate ripley from the rest of the county. 2 superintendents is too much to pay for this size county. Many things need changing, go vote and start the change.
JustMyOpinion

Water Valley, MS

#7 Apr 4, 2011
countryboy2327 wrote:
Until he walks away!
bwp

Ripley, MS

#8 Apr 5, 2011
ripley native wrote:
The only way we can get rid of these people is to vote. We have to make the people of tippah county see how vital this election is. The condition of this county didn't happen overnite. Everyone that hasn't been voting must get off their lazy butts and realize that their one vote does make a difference. The supervisors along with BOBBY M. has ruined this county. The common man must take control now. The so called smart people of this county has only made themselves richer over the last 100 years at our expense. We have to know who we elect before the election. Make them define themselves before you vote for them. Ask them why we pay a road coordinator and a road manager. Why can't ripley get along with the rest of the county. Do we really need a north and south half school district or just separate ripley from the rest of the county. 2 superintendents is too much to pay for this size county. Many things need changing, go vote and start the change.
What has BOBBY M done to ruin the county? He has always been proactive in trying to get new industry into the county.
MAD123

Ripley, MS

#9 Apr 29, 2011
ripley native wrote:
Amen to that, people need to get out and vote, otherwise, keep their opinions to themselves!!
Uncle Tom

Ripley, MS

#10 Apr 30, 2011
bwp wrote:
<quoted text>
What has BOBBY M done to ruin the county? He has always been proactive in trying to get new industry into the county.
This is what's wrong with Tippah County...

New industry?? If by new industry you mean a printing press and ink factory so he can put his picture in the paper posthumously, then perhaps.
hi u doing

Ripley, MS

#11 May 17, 2011
countryboy2327 wrote:
time for a change,vote the clown out
Rough Road Rider

Ripley, MS

#12 Jun 27, 2011
Is the county any better off that it was 4 years ago? In any district? I urge someone to show me please. Oh yeah, there are some changes. Noticed any of the driveways and things being repaired illegally as you drive around these rough roads? Please report this crap! Shame you only see these guys every 3 1/2 years huh?
eng223

Ripley, MS

#14 Jul 20, 2011
bwp wrote:
<quoted text>
He is one of about five men who refused to have Northeast Mississippi Community College in Ripley, that is why it is in Booneville now. He is also the reason you have a show arena at the fairgrounds that is great for showing cows in but is useless for anything else. He is also the reason you have a Ripley Event center instead of a County event center being as the county paid for it. And speaking of the Ripley Event Center they said it costs 10 million dollars to build it, wrong, they were told the building would costs between 1 to 1.5 million. The county supervisers put in 7 million and then they got a 3 milliom grant from the state, my question is where did the other 8.5 million go if it only took 1.5 miilion to build it? And as far as supervisers go Ronnie Dunham is the worst of all. If you do not believe me then just come over in my district and ride around some, that would be 3rd district. I personally live on the worst road in Tippah County, trust me I tell you no lie. And you all want the supervisers out of office well that will not help the roads get fixed unless you get rid of Larry Jackson and his boss, and put someone in there who will do the job right. And speaking of the road manager job do you know that the person hired for that job lives in Union County and gets paid 125 thousand a year with a county car. And just in case you want to know he was hired by Dennis Grisham. Now that you have all the facts, what are you going to do about it when the election comes up?

Bwp

Since: Mar 11

Ripley, MS

#15 Jul 20, 2011
eng223 wrote:
<quoted text>He is one of about five men who refused to have Northeast Mississippi Community College in Ripley, that is why it is in Booneville now. He is also the reason you have a show arena at the fairgrounds that is great for showing cows in but is useless for anything else. He is also the reason you have a Ripley Event center instead of a County event center being as the county paid for it. And speaking of the Ripley Event Center they said it costs 10 million dollars to build it, wrong, they were told the building would costs between 1 to 1.5 million. The county supervisers put in 7 million and then they got a 3 milliom grant from the state, my question is where did the other 8.5 million go if it only took 1.5 miilion to build it? And as far as supervisers go Ronnie Dunham is the worst of all. If you do not believe me then just come over in my district and ride around some, that would be 3rd district. I personally live on the worst road in Tippah County, trust me I tell you no lie. And you all want the supervisers out of office well that will not help the roads get fixed unless you get rid of Larry Jackson and his boss, and put someone in there who will do the job right. And speaking of the road manager job do you know that the person hired for that job lives in Union County and gets paid 125 thousand a year with a county car. And just in case you want to know he was hired by Dennis Grisham. Now that you have all the facts, what are you going to do about it when the election comes up?
I don't know where you get you facts but some of your statements are bad off. Bobby m was still in high school when northeast was built. Sounds like you are anti everything.
HEHE

Ripley, MS

#16 Jul 20, 2011
yeah his facts are way off with numbers and as far as the 3rd district the roads are so much better than they were before Ronnie. Also, how can you blame Ronnie if you just said Larry is over the roads. Which you are kinda right but Ronnie also takes care of what he can on the roads but it really is not his job. NOW THATS THE FACTS
Mad bulldog

Toledo, OH

#17 Aug 14, 2011
To the people of the 3rd district . I lived there for many years and the time I was there Ronnie done all he could when Money would allow it. Why don't some of u people who want mike graves in see how well they treat the people of Ashland where there grocery store is. From what I've heard they can't even run it how are they going to run a county district. Just make sure
when you vote you are on the right side of the fence!!!!!!
whut

Ripley, MS

#18 Aug 14, 2011
Bwp wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where you get you facts but some of your statements are bad off. Bobby m was still in high school when northeast was built. Sounds like you are anti everything.
10-4 Bobby M was not involved, whether you like the man or not.
jjj

Ripley, MS

#19 Aug 14, 2011
Amen Mad bulldog. I heard the same thing about Webster's
Shopping Gal

Ripley, MS

#20 Aug 14, 2011
I have to defend the Graves family. First and foremost, the Graves family does not have controling interest in Webster's. Mike's oldest son Michael has controling interest in that store and the rest of the family has nothing to do with it. I will have to say that I worked there as a manager from 2003-2008. Eventhough Michael and I had our disagreements while I was working at the store, we had many discussions on how to better the store. He was always concerned with what could be done better. I wasn't from Ashland but I will have to say that my years there was my most difficult years in the 20+ years of experience in the retail business. It was not because of Michael or his family. They were a wonderful family and they secretively helped out allot of people that needed help. I was one of those people when I was at a low point in my life. Working in retail in that town was some of my most difficult times in retail. It wasn't because of who I was working for. The people in that area were different. I didn't feel like there was anything that I could personally do or say to make customers happy. The people that were hired from there did not want to work and they were lazy kids and only wanted a pay check without having to work. I can't say that the store was perfect but Michael worked hard to keep things going as well as he could with who was out there to work. I am a people person and I feel like that I have done my very best at each store that I have worked at but I often felt sorry for Michael for some of the cursings that he took from customers for things that were out of his control. I love that family! Michael was good to me and he has always tried to operate his business to please everyone. The fact is, every customer cannot be pleased or satisfied no matter what you do for them.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#21 Aug 14, 2011
eng223 wrote:
<quoted text>
He is one of about five men who refused to have Northeast Mississippi Community College in Ripley, that is why it is in Booneville now. And as far as supervisers go Ronnie Dunham is the worst of all. If you do not believe me then just come over in my district and ride around some, that would be 3rd district. I personally live on the worst road in Tippah County, trust me I tell you no lie. And you all want the supervisers out of office well that will not help the roads get fixed unless you get rid of Larry Jackson and his boss, and put someone in there who will do the job right. And speaking of the road manager job do you know that the person hired for that job lives in Union County and gets paid 125 thousand a year with a county car. And just in case you want to know he was hired by Dennis Grisham. Now that you have all the facts, what are you going to do about it when the election comes up?full conversation from previous post
I would like to respond to this. I agree with some and I believe that some of the facts are a bit off. I will admit that Bobby has his hands in allot of things but Ripley would not be what it is without him and at the same since, Ripley would probably be better off without him in the opinions of some people.
As far as the event center. The event center was proposed at between 8-10 million. The reason that the event center was placed in the chosen location is because the funding came from South Tippah. What most people do not realize is that the funding came from monies collected from sporting events over the past 25+ years. Monies collected from gate fees, etc... The money has been building and drawing interest for years and years in an account that was desinated to be used to improve sporting facilities. This is not a decision made by ANYONE in ripley or tippah co. However, it was madidated from the state that the monies were to be used for the purpose it was used for or other sporting facility upgrades. The money had grown to more than 9 million dollars over the past 25+ years.
As far as the road crew. You are a bit off on the facts here. Larry Jackson is not really the problem. It is the county administrator that the board of supervisors hired from union county at a salary of $125,000 with a county vehicle provided to and from work back to his home in union county with all gas paid for and benefits and insurance paid by the county. Larry Jackson is just doing what he is told to do by the county administrator and supervisors.
You named two supervisors. TWO that need to go which many would agree. What we should point out about the two of them; Dennis & Ronnie have made strides to bankrupt our county.
The fact is, Dennis Grisham had to sale off Grisham Asfault to keep from filing personal bankruptcy.
The fact about Ronnie Dunnam is that he was a farmer about 20 years ago that filed for federal bankruptcy protection because he failed and then the people of Tippah Co elected him to run the 3rd district & county just because he needed a job.
The fact is, both of these Supervisors have failed in there own businesses. They spend thousands of dollars buying votes donated from under the table donors everytime their names are on the ballets and we wonder why our county is suffering financially and the Tippah County Hospital owned by the county and overseen by the board has guided the Hopital millions of dollars into the red. Especially within the past 5 years since Jerry Green retired!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ripley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bbq man 10 hr davey timez 5
daylight doughnut "s? 12 hr davey timez 1
Jeanne parks 12 hr JT 5
Deadbeat baby daddies 18 hr Hatinglosers 9
Hot cashier at walmart? 21 hr Curious1200 3
Dickerson Wed LMAO 1
Female on female Tue EatTheKitty 16

Ripley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance