Bwp

Since: Mar 11

Ripley, MS

#1 Mar 11, 2011
Who will replace mr. Greg Ward?
just heard

Ripley, MS

#2 Mar 12, 2011
Go to mcdonalds you can find out everything there.

Bwp

Ripley, MS

#3 Mar 13, 2011
Who is running for this office?
ITK

Winona, MS

#4 Mar 17, 2011
Bwp wrote:
Who will replace mr. Greg Ward?
James (Jimmy Benefield) is running. He will be the best man for the job.

Bwp

Ripley, MS

#5 Mar 17, 2011
ITK wrote:
<quoted text>James (Jimmy Benefield) is running. He will be the best man for the job.
I heard today that Jodie Steverson and James Nunnley are also running. Looks like we have got three good choices, all are good men and would do a good job.

Ripley, MS

#6 Mar 22, 2011
According to mississippidemocrats.org there are two people running on the democratic ticket, Jody Steverson and Steve Fisher, and on MSGOP.org are listed two republicans, James Benefield and Alan Miller. It is my understanding that James Nunnally has also qualified on the democratic ticket but is not yet listed on the site, possibly due to slow updating. It seems we have some good choices for replacing Mr. Ward who has decided not to seek another term, but in my opinion there is only one clear choice. From my understanding, if Mr. Nunnally is elected his seniority will stand from his previous years. This means he can go in with the ability to attain a higher position right from the start. This is something we need to keep for Tippah County if we want to maintain a faster pace for progress. Tippah does not need to have to start from the ground floor and build back up, we need help now. I will be voting for Nunnally and for progress.

Location hidden

#7 Mar 25, 2011
TommyClaire is correct in his analysis of "SENIORITY" and its value to constituents. The Mississippi House of Representatives is self governed by "House Rules" that include rules for "Seniority". The House has chosen to govern itself based on a "Seniority System" that basically entitles the most "Senior" members the most "Powerful and Influential Positions". Like it or not, the Mississippi House treats "freshmen" legislators much like high school "freshmen" are treated - generally overlooked and unappreciated. Representative Ward knows the value of "Seniority". In his own public statement he wrote that his "Seniority" of 2 terms (8)years had given him the opportunity to get the Hwy 15 project "back on track". I thank him for his service. I appreciate all the candidates who have placed their names in contention for this position. I appreciate their willingness to serve; however, being willing to serve is not a qualification, by any measure of the imagination. Wisdom comes with maturity and the business of the State should not be left to those whom have not been tried, tested and proven. James Nunnally meets every one of these qualifications. Given the current state of Legislative District 4, it is imperative that we send a person with the knowledge, position, and resources to do the job from day-one. Nunnally is the only qualified individual in the race that can do this for us. I trust the people of the 4th Legislative District will tally the positives in returning James Nunnally and his "Seniority", "Experience" and "Resources" and vote as I intend to - FOR JAMES D. NUNNALLY.
CIT

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#8 Mar 28, 2011
If new Representatives are treated like high school Freshmen, then we have sent the wrong person to Jackson. A new Representative with no "Seniority", can still have the ability to lead and should go there with his or her own abilities in mind and be ready to use them. Just because they have done it this way does not mean we have to keep doing it that way. Let's send some new people with new ideas. One of the reasons Mississippi is stagnant is we have too many that have been in power too long and no longer care about the people but are there for their own power and only pass the laws that will get them re-elected instead of what is good for Mississippi tax payers.
Riptown

Ripley, MS

#9 May 19, 2011
James Nunnally is my candidate! Those in Jackson that were in the house want him back because he was a driving force in legislative passage and will go back with seniority to start working for this district like Mr. Ward did!
CIT

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#10 May 20, 2011
Mr. Nunnally's senority will only follow him back into office if the Speaker of the House wants it to count. The last Speaker took Chairmanships and power from members of his own party because they did not support him in the last Speaker election. So his senority would be in question until after the Speakers election.
rnb22

Winona, MS

#11 May 20, 2011
I'm for Nunnally. Seems like he did a good job in the past. Plus, he actually lives in Tippah county, 365 days a year.
Lady

Ripley, MS

#12 May 23, 2011
why not put a new face in office,you know mr. Nunnally needs to retire and let some one else take
over,senority is not worth a crap these days.
It sounds like the same person is making these comments we wonder who. This is a fair race why not let it be and the Best man win.When lies are told its gets you no where.What is Mr. Nunnally worried about,he doesn't work in Tippah county.

Since: Apr 11

Winona, MS

#13 May 24, 2011
Well said!
HMMM

Ripley, MS

#14 May 24, 2011
Let's all Steve Fisher haha

Location hidden

#15 May 26, 2011
Lady wrote:
why not put a new face in office,you know mr. Nunnally needs to retire and let some one else take
It sounds like the same person is making these comments we wonder who. This is a fair race why not let it be and the Best man win.When lies are told its gets you no where.What is Mr. Nunnally worried about,he doesn't work in Tippah county.
New faces are "faceless" as "freshmen". No clout, no assignments, no influence by which to help our district. Representative Ward bragged about his SENIORITY of 3 terms begin the reason he was able to get the 4-laning of Hwy 15 back on track. Maybe he lied. Maybe SENIORITY isn't worth a crap these days. Mr. Nunnally IS the best man for the job. He has qualifications superior to any of the candidates - new faces and old. In reference to your remark about Mr. Nunnally not working in Tippah County; well, LOTS AND LOTS OF FOLKS NO LONGER WORK IN TIPPAH COUNTY SINCE JOBS HAVE BEEN SHIPPED OUT OF COUNTY, OUT OF STATE AND OUT OF THE COUNTRY. Check all the candidates out and if you judge each of them fairly, you'll apologize for your remarks and support James Nunnallly.
JERRY

Etta, MS

#16 May 27, 2011
Lady wrote:
That's the very kind of thinking that has gotten us where we are now. We have a President who never did anything and had no knowledge of being a Senator much less a President. Look what that has led to. Seniority has everything to do with "These days" as much as "those days". Ward used 3 terms building up trust and it's gone, Bill Minor passed away and we lost his years of clout and now we have a chance to send a man to Jackson who has great knowledge of the state government and if we blow this it will be our lasr chance. Without senority you get nothing done for the people you represent. Nunnally did a fantastic job for 16 years, so for yourself, and your future, don't waste your vote

Location hidden

#17 May 27, 2011
JERRY wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the very kind of thinking that has gotten us where we are now. We have a President who never did anything and had no knowledge of being a Senator much less a President. Look what that has led to. Seniority has everything to do with "These days" as much as "those days". Ward used 3 terms building up trust and it's gone, Bill Minor passed away and we lost his years of clout and now we have a chance to send a man to Jackson who has great knowledge of the state government and if we blow this it will be our lasr chance. Without senority you get nothing done for the people you represent. Nunnally did a fantastic job for 16 years, so for yourself, and your future, don't waste your vote
Amen, brother! Don't be tricked by some emotional desire to just start over again with all things new. That ain't going to happen. If we allow this opportunity of sending back to Jackson our only salvation (exerience and seniority) to slip away, Tippah County will dry up and wither away to nothing. There's no guarantee that, Nunnally, even with his experience and seniority can help turn this thing around. What is guaranteed is that that long dry spell is sure to come if we don't send seniority back to the capitol!
JERRY

Etta, MS

#18 May 27, 2011
Please bear in mind that I have nothing against any of the candidates running for this office. It has got down to "Nothing personal, just business" Things are getting out of hand more and more each day and we need every shot we can get. One of these fine candidates can come along at a later time. The experience they will get from running for this office will be good. They need to watch and learn from a man who knows what he is doing and has performed in the past. Ward had 3 terms but he was very weak. Nunnally walks in the door knowing what to do and HOW to do it. Nunnally will step down one day and then there's your shot. Right now we need him.
shield

United States

#19 May 29, 2011
Its like the old sayin, "if it aint broke dont fix it." Well its broke so it needs new parts. Wake up Mississippi.
JERRY

United States

#20 Jun 1, 2011
shield wrote:
Its like the old sayin, "if it aint broke dont fix it." Well its broke so it needs new parts. Wake up Mississippi.
That's another dumb quote. First problem with it is "it's and OLD saying". If I was repairing my lawnmower or my car I could see your point. This is not a lawnmower we are talking about, it is both of our futures. So, the legislature is broke and we need to send a new face down there to fix it? What would they do when they got there? What does this new person know that the wise and experienced doesn't know?

To refer to your stupid comment, how about this. Your car is broke so let's get someone who has never worked on a car before to fix it. Then again, we could get a person who knows what the problem is, knows where to get the parts, knows how to install them, and get it back to working. Can you understand it a little better now?

You had one part right..Wake up Mississippi and vote for Nunnally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ripley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prentiss County sheriff charges Ripley man with... (Nov '15) 5 hr you_wish 4
Ray sanders 10 hr I know him 3
Christina Thomas 15 hr Truth 2
Chris hughes 19 hr Sexier than you 7
Family Counslor? 19 hr joedirt 6
Judy Decanter Fri Judy decanter 3
Sergio Chavez Feb 21 Rosie 13

Ripley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ripley Mortgages