Teen Motorist Trying To Beat Train Hit, Instantly Killed

Full story: NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth

JOHNSON CO., Texas -- Students in Johnson County are mourning a classmate. Police in Rio Vista said Katelan Baker, 15, tried to beat a train by driving around the railroad crossing arms.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of103
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
dani

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2008

Judged:

richard head wrote:
well if she had blonde hair blue eyes and large breasteses, she probably thought the gas was the brake or she was late to the tanning salon
thats a horrible way to speak about a child who has died. wheres your heart?
happy medium

Keller, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2008

Judged:

Foolish. That crossing had lights & arms that were down. She went around them. Kids make impulsive choices that can cost them their lives. It's up to the parents to teach them and lead by example, and pray for the best. The car before had gone around the crossing and the girl followed without thinking. I will pray for her family, such a tragic loss for no good reason.
Green

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

Judged:

because cars are sooooo much faster the trains...........
Whitey

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

Judged:

I have heard reports that the crossing signal/arms have a history of malfunctioning.
Perhaps this new driver disregarded the lowered arms and thot that they were a false alarm.
What a tragic way to die, and oh so young.
Matt Fort Worth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

Judged:

Yes she did make a mistake but we all made them when we started driving hers just happened to cost her her life. It is not for you to judge how the parents taught her. Show some compassion you heartless people.
happy medium wrote:
Foolish. That crossing had lights & arms that were down. She went around them. Kids make impulsive choices that can cost them their lives. It's up to the parents to teach them and lead by example, and pray for the best. The car before had gone around the crossing and the girl followed without thinking. I will pray for her family, such a tragic loss for no good reason.
MICHELLE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

Judged:

our thoughts and prayers go out to the family..may god see you through this difficult time..god bless
DBSTEALTH

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

Judged:

Matt Fort Worth wrote:
Yes she did make a mistake but we all made them when we started driving hers just happened to cost her her life. It is not for you to judge how the parents taught her. Show some compassion you heartless people.
<quoted text>
Thank You, Matt! Finally, someone with common sense! You can only parent so much, then it's up to the kid to let it sink in! It's tragic that this outcome ended in her death!
happy medium

Keller, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

Matt Fort Worth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not judging. Read what I said. Parents have to teach and lead by example and hope for the best. Why are you twisting my words?
PAiGE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

Dang.. Thats terrible. :(
Chris

Lewisville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

When i was young i would watch both my parents drive around those crossing guards. Never once thinking about me being in the car nor teaching me that it is wrong.
Scott

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

Probably more like inexperienced driving, very sad. I truly wish they gave teens a bit more time beside an experienced driver before they get their full license. I mean teens are dying all over America, just through lack of driving experience, when you combine that a lot of teens thinking they are invincible, it is a dangerous combination.
Anonymous

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

Katelan was a beautiful girl. She was in my English class and I loved her more than she loved her Skittles. It is going to be really hard walking into class and seeing an empty desk. This has hit our school so hard, we are so close and everybody knows everybody. I pray for her family and her other friends. We love you Katelan Bailey Baker! Rest. In. Peace.

P.S. Don't procrastinate you may not have tomorrow.
Eva

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

You stupid fool this is my ex-husbands family!! Are you so stuck on stupid, self-absorbed, and other wise heartless to not realize that this poor little girls family might get on here and read these comments or just might hear them from someone else? God help you if this should ever happen to you or a close family member.
richard head wrote:
well if she had blonde hair blue eyes and large breasteses, she probably thought the gas was the brake or she was late to the tanning salon
crx22

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2008

Kids are driving way too young. They get cars and drive on their own too soon . Too much inexperience. Parenting should not be questioned , unless you know what you are talking about. You can not be with your child 24 hours a day. You just have to hope and pray that they make the right choices .My mother used to drive around the arm at the track , but I never did , so that doesn't mean anything. And you people who point fingers and talk about bad parenting, don't judge until you have walked in their shoes.
Truth

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2008

It is very sad for the family and friends and those of us with compassion for our fellow human beings! Blaming age, parenting, etc. is absurd. Simply a bad decision with a tragic result! For those who posted the hateful, thoughtless messages - We should blame YOUR parents then according to your standards - right?! I encourage you not pro-create and stop infecting society with YOUR offspring!
anna thomison

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2008

my heart goes out to all her family may the lord be with you
Kelly

Bynum, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2008

I can't believe that Katelan was killed she was very smart, very sporty, and so sweet. i'll miss her so much and that was my best friend and i miss her dearly. REMEMBER KATELAN BAKER!!!!!!
Kelly

Bynum, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2008

Judged:

richard head wrote:
I can't believe you would say that about my best friend and she was not like that at all! all she was doin was goin to the store and you don't know her so shut up about her okay and this is a very difficult time for her family and friends
dee

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2008

She was a kid! How many of you who are calling this poor dead girl an idiot can say you never made a stupid, potentially dangerous, decision in your teens?
Lacy Cleburne Texas

Woodway, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2008

Judged:

She was going around the crossing arms just like 3 cars before her did. The ones that crossed before her were all ADULTS-so, should we limit driving all together since it was adults that made the decision to do it before she did? She was inexperienced and she wasn't using her cell phone. It was just a bad decision. Apparently the people on here saying harsh things aren't parents and have no clue what its like to lose someone you love! Enjoy your miserable life!!!
Survival of the SMARTEST wrote:
Let the cleansing of the gene pool continue. If the little darling had been paying attention instead of playing with the cell phone.......
this is also another reason why the legal driving limit should be 18, no exceptions. These little brats arent responsible enough to drive. Specially with the complete lack of proper parenting of this generation. This is the "my parents are too lazy to raise me" generation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of103
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Rio Vista News Video

•••
Rio Vista Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Rio Vista Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••