Rio Vista Police

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1 Sep 27, 2010
I met Rio Vista's newest officer tonight. Officer Garcia seems like a genuine, decent guy.
ANDY

Clyde, TX

#2 Sep 28, 2010
all of rio vista's officer's are nice. also very helpful & professional. this town is very lucky to have a wonderful & kind chief of police, & I for one, am very proud of them.
Gotta Tellit

Arlington, TX

#3 Sep 28, 2010
It hasn't always been a "pleasant" police force. That chief that RV had a a few years back was a nut. And so was a few of his officers...but not all of them!
ANDY

Clyde, TX

#4 Sep 28, 2010
Gotta Tellit wrote:
It hasn't always been a "pleasant" police force. That chief that RV had a a few years back was a nut. And so was a few of his officers...but not all of them!
Well- I agree with you 100%. Of course I was talking about the present force. I also agree with you on the matter of the old Chief. I think to say he was a nut, would be putting it MILDLY. But Out with the OLD & in with the NEW! I'll sure bet that SOME of Rio's resident's wish the old one was back. Not me though, I think the New one is GREAT! Hope to have him around for a LONG time to come.
Gotta Tellit

Arlington, TX

#5 Sep 28, 2010
ANDY wrote:
<quoted text> Well- I agree with you 100%. Of course I was talking about the present force. I also agree with you on the matter of the old Chief. I think to say he was a nut, would be putting it MILDLY. But Out with the OLD & in with the NEW! I'll sure bet that SOME of Rio's resident's wish the old one was back. Not me though, I think the New one is GREAT! Hope to have him around for a LONG time to come.
Oh yeah! The new force is much more focused, friendlier, and not a pain in backside,thanks to the new leadership in place. Now, with that being said, you still don't speed through RV. The speed trap still exists! But if you do get pulled over for something, you don't get the 'Barney Fife' attitude thrown at you like you got in the past. An example given (this happened about 15 years ago) I got pulled over one Monday night ,on my way to work , and was "suspected" to be driving while intoxicated. I requested the accusing officer's supervisor be present and that a blood test, at a certified medical facility with proper medical personnel, be taken along with the standard roadside test. The officer had a sudden change of heart and wrote me a warning for failure to maintain my lane, which was total BS in itself.
ANDY

Clyde, TX

#6 Sep 28, 2010
Gotta Tellit wrote:
<quoted text> Oh yeah! The new force is much more focused, friendlier, and not a pain in backside,thanks to the new leadership in place. Now, with that being said, you still don't speed through RV. The speed trap still exists! But if you do get pulled over for something, you don't get the 'Barney Fife' attitude thrown at you like you got in the past. An example given (this happened about 15 years ago) I got pulled over one Monday night ,on my way to work , and was "suspected" to be driving while intoxicated. I requested the accusing officer's supervisor be present and that a blood test, at a certified medical facility with proper medical personnel, be taken along with the standard roadside test. The officer had a sudden change of heart and wrote me a warning for failure to maintain my lane, which was total BS in itself.
well of course the speed-trap still exists. but if indeed you dont speed, you NOW have nothing to worry about. a certain officer stopped my daughter some time back for speeding. she swore and be darned that she wasn't. so--- i just took her to the police station and talked to the new chief. he reviewed the officer's dash-cam, and Lo & BEHOLD, SHE WAS TELLING THE TRUTH. the ticket was dropped, thank's to our HONEST new chief. as you well know, the old chief would'nt have even reviewed it. RIGHT? also,- that officer hasn't bothered her since. although i would expect them to if she does speed. that's only right! i have spoken to our new chief on several different occasion's, & i am very impressed with him. he has been of assistance to me on a few other matter's. so i indeed say--- out with the old- and glad to see in with the HONEST NEW.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rio Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cleburne texas is a joke (Apr '08) Apr 5 Pissedoff 209
News Sex offender last seen in Beaumont added to sta... Mar 27 NURSE FARTS 2
Snapcash (Aug '17) Mar 23 quentinmiller 7
News The oldest town in Texas beckons for an off-the... Mar '18 pedro lopez garcia 8
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Texas (Dis... (Oct '10) Mar '18 Bot 26
News 40 students transported to area hospitals after... Mar '18 Walter glen stockton 4
News Texas has many Confederate memorials in rural a... (Aug '17) Feb '18 FART VISION 7

Rio Vista Jobs

Personal Finance

Rio Vista Mortgages