Solano County energy program dims

Solano County energy program dims

There are 8 comments on the The Reporter story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Solano County energy program dims. In it, The Reporter reports that:

A renewable energy program in Solano County has stalled, but plans for changes to Highway 12 and the Rio Vista bridge are making headway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

Helen

Vacaville, CA

#1 Aug 4, 2010
Stop with the gimmicks and build nuclear power plants before the lights go out permanently with the introduction of electric vehicles.

Stop being stuck-on-stupid in the name of political correctness.
Right Is Wrogn Again

United States

#2 Aug 4, 2010
Boy, it's a good thing we have the Solano Transportation Authority on the job; how much does the executive director and his minions get paid for pointing out the obvious, this of course when the 'authority' is not pushing for county wide increased transportation taxes? And thanks soupy-visor reagan for your brilliant leadership: "nothing is not an option", and "construction will hamper the business community" that just happens to be located in the direct vicinity of any bridge work. Ya think?
Arnold

United States

#3 Aug 4, 2010
i vote tunnel!!
Harold

Vacaville, CA

#4 Aug 4, 2010
"The bridge and roadways, according to study consultants, are operating at capacity right now and desperately need four lanes to cross the river."

Consultants always opt for more development, because they are funded by city planners, who in turn are funded by developers.

What the bridge needs is less traffic. This would occur if

* Non-local trucks were banned from rte 12, which would also help traffic flow and remove the reason for 75% of the accidents: people trying to get past slow trucks.

* Development in the rte 12 corridor was frozen.

If the developers want to keep building, let THEM build the new bridge, not the taxpayer.
redneckwriter

Vacaville, CA

#5 Aug 4, 2010
Harold wrote:
"The bridge and roadways, according to study consultants, are operating at capacity right now and desperately need four lanes to cross the river."
Consultants always opt for more development, because they are funded by city planners, who in turn are funded by developers.
* Non-local trucks were banned from rte 12, which would also help traffic flow and remove the reason for 75% of the accidents: people trying to get past slow trucks.
If the developers want to keep building, let THEM build the new bridge, not the taxpayer.
I agree, ban all non-local trucks, and i the developers want it, lrt them pay for the bridge.
Right Is Wrong Again

United States

#6 Aug 4, 2010
Harold wrote:
Hey, it's all good. Consultants get paid by developers, developers pay councils and supervisors (increased salaries, kickbacks, etc.) and the councils and supervisors pay the taxpayers with more traffic, service jobs, and four burgers for a buck.
silly people

Calgary, Canada

#7 Aug 4, 2010
My wife drove the 113 - highway 12 route to her job in Stockton for years. These two roads have been over capacity for decades. There is no doubt that a new bridge, along with replacement of the Mokolumne and Potatoe shough bridges needs to be done It should be a 4 lane (no traffic light) run from Fairfield to I-5.

I would be much happier to see the government spend money on that kind of a project One that everyone would use vs the "pie in the sky" high speed rail that is on the books and completely worthless. While we're on the bridge subject, The Antioch Bridge ought to be retrofitted to 4 lanes. I mean really? who builds a two lane bridge?
CalSolarEng

Torrance, CA

#9 Aug 5, 2010
As is PACE is no silver bullet and although there is plenty of work to be done on it before we truly have an energy revolution- we need to have something like this in action now. We can tweak it and make it stronger but why make people continue paying the electric companies in the mean time? It looses everyone money.
-California Solar Engineering
www.calsolareng.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rio Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DUI checkpoint in Suisun City nets 29 arrests Sep 19 Maverick 808 9
News Vacaville eyes letter backing KC-46 tanker at T... Sep 13 Birds Landing Bob 1
News Town Hall takes up Bay Area housing costs, poli... Sep 5 Maverick 808 4
News East County group seeking solutions to fire dis... Aug '16 East County 1
News Suisun City seeks direction on possible tax plan Jul '16 Birds Landing Bob 3
Burn Baby Burn hahaha Jun '16 ACAB 1
News No Burn Order Issued for Dixon (Dec '15) Dec '15 Jerry 2

Rio Vista Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rio Vista Mortgages