Solano Transportation Authority to unveil Rio Vista bridge study

Full story: The Reporter 6
Anticipated increases in traffic could push State Route 12 to its limits as it crosses through the city of Rio Vista and across the Sacramento River. Full Story
Harold Bolquist

Rio Vista, CA

#1 Aug 3, 2010
It is nice to plan ahead, but let's get real people. The State is bankrupt, the red ink flows by the second, and Caltrans can't figure out how to repair potholes! Please focus on NOW.
silly people

Visalia, CA

#2 Aug 3, 2010
This is not the first time that this has been talked about. A 4 lane bridge was proposed about as part of a toll road from Davis to Livermore. this bridge was going to be high enough to eliminate the need for a draw section. A bridge of this size will require a considerable approach on both sides of the river. Sometlhing on the order of the New Benicia Bridge would be just what the doctor ordered.

While they are at it, A wider bridge at Potatoe Slough and 4 lanes all the way from Fairfield to I-5 would be nice.
Bob

Vacaville, CA

#3 Aug 3, 2010
Traffic congestion is good for Rio Vista. Hwy 12 all backed up through Rio Vista means more people. Too bad Rio Vista didn't think of this sooner when the census workers were in town.
Helen

Oakland, CA

#4 Aug 3, 2010
Good old STA! Amidst an economic mess, it's full-speed ahead with tax payer's money.

Idea! No study and no construction! Things are working and fine for now!

As the economy falls deeper into default, we won't see the traffic out and about because no one will be able to afford recreational driving. Even job commutes will dwindle.

So, shelve it until the rainy "daze" pass! Grow up!
Helen

Oakland, CA

#5 Aug 3, 2010
silly people wrote:
This is not the first time that this has been talked about. A 4 lane bridge was proposed about as part of a toll road from Davis to Livermore. this bridge was going to be high enough to eliminate the need for a draw section. A bridge of this size will require a considerable approach on both sides of the river. Sometlhing on the order of the New Benicia Bridge would be just what the doctor ordered.
While they are at it, A wider bridge at Potatoe Slough and 4 lanes all the way from Fairfield to I-5 would be nice.
The Rio Vista bridge has been a bone of contention for a very long time! We are talking decades. A State employee even mans the control tower to raise and lower the bridge for water traffic. This is NOT new, but definitely NOT necessary at this time... no valid justification and certainly no funds! Should I say no necessity to spend what we have for that puppy. Get in line and enjoy the sights!
silly people

Seattle, WA

#6 Aug 3, 2010
jI hear you Helen. typically these things take about 10 years from the time they hit the design boards till the construction starts. I am hoping that a few years from now, we will have a state that balances its budgets and has the money to actually build something again. I am gettng tired of building things out of the country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rio Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Solano County DUI Task Force will deploy extra ... Nov 4 Birds Landing Bob 16
Review: Almost Diamonds (Aug '08) Oct 29 Catherine Sers 58
DUI checkpoints planned this weekend in Vacavil... Oct 26 Vaca24 33
The History And Lifestyle Of Delta Stripers Oct '14 -Lea- 1
Ernest Kimme: Has Vacaville bitten off more tha... Oct '14 Vaca mom 3
Clean up Bethel Island. Sep '14 Joe King 5
jaime origel Sep '14 cant be beat 1
Rio Vista Dating
Find my Match

Rio Vista People Search