American Canyon man arrested in hit-a...

American Canyon man arrested in hit-and-run that killed Rio Vis...

There are 31 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Dec 9, 2008, titled American Canyon man arrested in hit-and-run that killed Rio Vis.... In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

An American Canyon man involved in a car crash that killed a 17-year-old Rio Vista girl was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of felony hit and run, the California Highway Patrol reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wrong

San Jose, CA

#21 Dec 10, 2008
you are just a mere tempest in a teapot. :)
Lourdes

United States

#22 Dec 10, 2008
Why is everyone assuming that this person is Mexican? It is impossible to know what his ethnic background is by his name alone. He could be from any number of Latin American countries, or even Filipino, or Spanish (they have Spanish sur-names too). It is unfortunate that these comments even have to take this route. The fact is that an innocent child was killed and the human being who did it should be prosecuted.

My prayers go out the family and friends of this young girl who tragically lost her life!
JULESJAMES

United States

#23 Dec 11, 2008
this is great, all u racist who automatically assumed he was hispanic, well he's not. He's filipino! hope your happy! no illegal mexican for you to point your racist fingers at.haha
Mike

Corte Madera, CA

#24 Dec 11, 2008
Just to let you know...he is not Mexican he is Filipino
Family

Corte Madera, CA

#25 Dec 11, 2008
This man is my uncle and he is a FILIPINO man, not MEXICAN. I am deeply sorry to the families of the person my uncle took the life and the families of the the other individual that is in critical condition. My prayers go out to all of them. I am sure my uncle will get what he deserves and to be honest, I do not feel bad for him. I do feel bad for my three cousins because now it looks like they will not have a father figure around the house anymore.
Seriouslyconcern ed

Fairfield, CA

#26 Dec 12, 2008
ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUSLY FIGHTING!? SERIOUSLY
I PLAYED VOLLEYBALL WITH THE GIRL THAT DIED AND YOU GUYS ARE FORGETTING THIS IS ABOUT HER LIFE THAT WAS TAKEN....TALK ABOUT RACISM SOMEWHERE ELSE!
STOP

Since: Dec 08

Sonora, CA

#27 Dec 14, 2008
Just to let you know .... Ashlee has filipino in her blood line .... from mother's side . she is 1/4 ....... her grand-father my brother.....is half

SO PLEASE stop being racist.....
kyla

Fairfield, CA

#28 Dec 17, 2008
MY HEART GOES OUT TO ALL THE FAMILIES INVOLVED!!!

i agree that he should of never fled the scene. i know many families who have known the accuser and his family for many years now. they are a well known and respected family in the vallejo filipino community. it's very unfortunate but sadly he will face many years in prison. fleeing the scene made it worse for him.
he was a family man who made something for himself and his family. he was building a home in rio vista for him and his family. that's where he fled since it was near the accident. he owned a couple businesses. he just made 1 mistake that led to 1 death and 1 criticaly injured.

all we can do is pray for all involved for this effects many lives and who was lost in this very tragic accident. regardless of race this happens and it just reminds you how important life is cuz you never know when your will be taken away !!!! God Bless those families!!!!
sad

Baltimore, MD

#29 Jan 30, 2009
woa... you guys are arguing about the race of this man and he isn't even the race you claim him to be. a life was lost, you can't bring that young girl back. both sides are suffering. believe me, i know. my prayer goes out to the families on both sides. it's just unfortunate that the guy who left the scene did not do the right thing... to stop and take responsibility for his action.
Family Member

Plainfield, NJ

#30 Mar 2, 2009
Holdit wrote:
I know Ponciano personally. He is not Mexican and he is not an illegal immigrant. He is a hardworking family man who's recently lost his means of living due to the current financial crisis. He's running a farm, selling animal meat and working tirelessly to make ends meet. He is a softspoken man. He doesn't even drink beer. It is very unfortunate this happened to him, just as when his family really needs him. Like all of you who lambasted him, he is a regular guy who has a family to feed. He's now rotting in jail because he can't afford the $1M bail. Feel bad for the victims, but this does not give anyone of you the right to judge him.
I agree, i know him personally too, by the way for people that saying his MEXICAN, well he's not, live with it. he's FILIPINO. who ever said that he's MEXICAN are IDIOTS. suggestions, people shouldn't talk if they dont know wat theyre talkin about
gtaylor

Rio Vista, CA

#31 Jan 9, 2013
he just happen to blow a stop and t-bone another car and then run, what the heck are you talking about?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rio Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
An evening with your host BrettMoronHolbrook Apr 28 Temper 1
News 25-Year-Old Woman Identified in Fatal Collision... Apr 7 Carl Kansas 3
News American Canyon political hopefuls offer plans ... (Oct '10) Mar '16 AmcanDad 13
assessment tax (Jun '15) Feb '16 Hella 9
News No Burn Order Issued for Dixon Dec '15 Jerry 2
News Several illegal contractors caught in Solano Co... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Birds Landing Bob 1
News Suisun council wants to put bigger crimp in ill... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Birds Landing Bob 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rio Vista Mortgages