American Canyon man arrested in hit-and-run that killed Rio Vis...

An American Canyon man involved in a car crash that killed a 17-year-old Rio Vista girl was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of felony hit and run, the California Highway Patrol reported. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
How many

Petaluma, CA

#1 Dec 9, 2008
I wonder how many more Americans will be killed by these hardworking guys who are just trying to provide for their familys??
When is the US Congress going to start to "provide for the common defense"??
Ned Kelly

United States

#2 Dec 10, 2008
The guy was shaking from the cold, but not from the death he caused? Throw the book at him; make an example of him. Condolences to the family.
Kat

Houston, TX

#3 Dec 10, 2008
How many wrote:
I wonder how many more Americans will be killed by these hardworking guys who are just trying to provide for their familys??
When is the US Congress going to start to "provide for the common defense"??
WHAT????? How does your comment connect to the story of a SB that has no brains........to bad it wasn't him that was pronounced dead at the scene. It is almost always the innocent party that doesn't make it. AND the one causing it walks away. What is wrong with that picture. My prayers are with Melinda and her family.
Mike

United States

#4 Dec 10, 2008
Pomares Ponciano, 45, will I.C.E. be notified?
probably illegal

San Jose, CA

#5 Dec 10, 2008
How many more accidents and deaths are we going to have to bear because illegals don't know how to read signs or they think it is acceptable to drink and drive in our country. Go to the DMV and have an eye opening experience... if they don't understand the test in english, then they can take it in spanish. The last time I checked our roads signange are in english...not spanish!! Enough is enough.
Assuming

American Canyon, CA

#6 Dec 10, 2008
Why do you people automatically assume the driver is illegal?
He's driving a pickup truck..possible earns great money in construction.
Sad for the families of anyone lost in an ACCIDENT.
Farm Girl

Napa, CA

#7 Dec 10, 2008
Interesting that the article did not mention that the guy had no driver's license and was driving illegally, but that was my first thought also. Save the state budget and deport all illegals! Get them out of our schools, our hospitals and off our social services that they abuse. And if their children are Americans, give them the choice of taking or leaving them. If we place them with American families at least they will learn English and quite being a burden on the system. Hopefully they will just take them back to where they should have been born!
outside the box

Los Altos, CA

#8 Dec 10, 2008
Farm Girl wrote:
Interesting that the article did not mention that the guy had no driver's license and was driving illegally, but that was my first thought also. Save the state budget and deport all illegals! Get them out of our schools, our hospitals and off our social services that they abuse. And if their children are Americans, give them the choice of taking or leaving them. If we place them with American families at least they will learn English and quite being a burden on the system. Hopefully they will just take them back to where they should have been born!
Grow up. What type of message are you teaching the children of "America." You sound like a RACIST! Check your facts everyone started off as an "illegal" Quit reading into the sterotypes and learn both sides. Remember what the saying about "assuming" does. Nothing personal!
CasualObserver

Sebastopol, CA

#9 Dec 10, 2008
Sorry, I was born here.

The guy was probably drunk.
JULESJAMES

Santa Clara, CA

#10 Dec 10, 2008
Wow! just because he has a mexican name, doesnt mean he is illegal. Quit being racist. I feel extremely sorry for the family, but any race could have ran that stop sign. No matter what race he is, I hope he is punished severely. My prayers go out to the family. You guys are crazy, i work with all mexicans. If all the mexicans were gone,i guarantee we would be asking to have them back. There the hardest working race that i know. And nobody gives them the credit that they deserve. Totally off topic, but you angry racist need to grow up.
wrong

San Jose, CA

#11 Dec 10, 2008
Read the Napa Registers D.U.I. report that they print in their newspaper over 90% of the names that are published for arrests of D.U.I's are hispanic. So quit playing the racism card. This idiot caused an accident, caused a death, fled the scene and was found hiding nearby...get real..
Ned Kelly

United States

#12 Dec 10, 2008
What do you people who throw out the tired old word of RACIST at every post you don't like expect to accomplish? You are doing nothing more than desensitizing the true meaning of the word. Statistics do not lie, and since there ARE nearly 20 MILLION illegals of yes, HISPANIC origin living illegally in this country, it is fair game to ask if they are here legally. The truth hurts you people, but your names do not hurt us. Try using logic in your disagreement, and not blathering word tossing for a change.
CasualObserver

Sebastopol, CA

#13 Dec 10, 2008
Ned Kelly wrote:
What do you people who throw out the tired old word of RACIST at every post you don't like expect to accomplish? You are doing nothing more than desensitizing the true meaning of the word. Statistics do not lie, and since there ARE nearly 20 MILLION illegals of yes, HISPANIC origin living illegally in this country, it is fair game to ask if they are here legally. The truth hurts you people, but your names do not hurt us. Try using logic in your disagreement, and not blathering word tossing for a change.
Why DO YOU BLATHER the same thing every time, every post?
AmCan Supporter

San Francisco, CA

#14 Dec 10, 2008
Such prejudicial people so many of you are. The whole thing is a tragedy and we must be confident that our system will serve due diligence.
The man could be from any ethnicity and he could be here completely legal; why read into it? There are plenty of incompetent Americans doing stupid things everyday. It's time to accept the truth and stop pointing fingers.
JULESJAMES

Santa Clara, CA

#15 Dec 10, 2008
Hey WRONG! did u read what people were writing idiot? and did you think before you wrote your comment? The reason why the DUI arrest of mexicans is 90% in Napa, is because the population of mexicans in napa is extremely higher than anywhere around this area. Why dont you go look at Vallejo's, which is the most diverse city in the bay area. Then write your dumb comments. And Ned Kelly, im not saying what this guy did wasnt wrong, but being an illegal or legal has nothing to do with it.
Holdit

Novato, CA

#16 Dec 10, 2008
I know Ponciano personally. He is not Mexican and he is not an illegal immigrant. He is a hardworking family man who's recently lost his means of living due to the current financial crisis. He's running a farm, selling animal meat and working tirelessly to make ends meet. He is a softspoken man. He doesn't even drink beer. It is very unfortunate this happened to him, just as when his family really needs him. Like all of you who lambasted him, he is a regular guy who has a family to feed. He's now rotting in jail because he can't afford the $1M bail. Feel bad for the victims, but this does not give anyone of you the right to judge him.
wrong

San Jose, CA

#17 Dec 10, 2008
No Jules did you read everything you idiot!! There is a large hispanic population in Vallejo as well with less D.U.I's.
JULESJAMES

Santa Clara, CA

#18 Dec 10, 2008
There is a way higher population of Mexican's in Napa than Vallejo, so of course the average will be higher. And YES Vallejo has a fairly high amount of Mexicans also,but their percentage of dui's isnt the same. So what are u getting at? Shouldn't Vallejo's Mexican dui average be overwhelmingly high also? Why wouldnt it be? just because your Mexican doesn't mean your a drunk driver. If you go to a predominantly white area such as Walnut Creek, the amount of white Dui's will be a lot higher. case closed BOZO!
wrong

San Jose, CA

#19 Dec 10, 2008
Not true BOZO!! Walnut creeks DUI's are alot of out of towners, contact the Walnut Creek PD and find out what race of individuals there have highest arrest rate for DUI"s in that city, if you can...as you stated earlier...CASE CLOSED BOZO!!
JULESJAMES

Santa Clara, CA

#20 Dec 10, 2008
Those out of towners are white young adults, i party in walnut creek 3 to 4 times a month, and all i see is white people at the clubs and bars. Hardly do i see a handful of mexican or black people. You are just makin yourself look more stupid, and you never answered what you were trying to prove about Napa bozo, i wonder why? Im a 25 year old white male, that has grown up in this area my whole life. I have a feeling you were gonna question my race and whereabouts next. So there you go! Born and raised in Vallejo, and im still here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rio Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 9 min PEE PEE PETE 200,966
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr Hollister33 5,074
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 6 hr Go Blue Forever 2,268
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 7 hr Mel 15,998
jaime origel 21 hr cant be beat 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Wed Blazing saddles 7,954
Leadership group donates $55,000 to charity Jul '14 left hook 2
•••
•••
•••

Rio Vista Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Rio Vista People Search