Solano road projects come after years...

Solano road projects come after years of neglect

There are 1 comment on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Sep 5, 2010, titled Solano road projects come after years of neglect. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

With the condition of state funding as cracked and rocky as many local streets, a local transportation advocate is not surprised to learn California's roads are among the nation's worst.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

Native Vallejoan

Vallejo, CA

#1 Sep 5, 2010
Even back in the 60' my father called Hwy 12 between Fairfield and Rio Vista "blood alley". That project is well overdue. The next worse road is Jameson Cyn. Rd.(Hwy 12 once again) between I-80 and the Napa Airport is a carbon copy of the danger factor of the Rio Vista Hwy. Both are terribly dangerous roads that have been long overlooked for widening and a little straightening-out. Another consideration should be Hwy 12 between Rio Vista and Lodi. Too many trucks and anxious nutty drivers converge on an antiquated roadway. All of the roads mentioned here are like many more neglected infrastructure projects that have been ignored for too long. These projects can help the unemployment numbers (the economy) and solve much needed repair to our overcrowdwed roads.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rio Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police jail 12 across Solano during Super Bowl ... Feb 15 Birds Landing Bob 18
News Suisun council considers smoking ban at public ... (Jul '14) Feb 8 kirton 29
News Guest commentary: There is a five-alarm brewing... (Oct '15) Jan '17 Rainman 3
BethelIslandRealty Inc. Bottom 7% of his peers (May '16) Jan '17 Delta girl 8
News Suisun council hands smoke-free public areas pl... Dec '16 Birds Landing Bob 1
News County will help children's group craft ballot ... (Jun '16) Dec '16 Anon 9
Harbor breeze apartments Dec '16 Go to school 2

Rio Vista Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rio Vista Mortgages