Vacaville may face $9K in fines

Vacaville may face $9K in fines

There are 14 comments on the The Reporter story from Sep 17, 2010, titled Vacaville may face $9K in fines. In it, The Reporter reports that:

Penalties could be handed down to the city of Vacaville for violations at its Easterly Wastewater Treatment Plant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

Since: Aug 10

San Jose, CA

#1 Sep 17, 2010
They get in trouble for too much coliform so they increase the Clorine then get in trouble for too much of that.

Total coliform and settleable solids are just stupid to even regulate going into an open body of water. Grab a dirt sample from anywhere in the world and mix it with water, the mixture will contain both total coliform and settleable solids.

Ammonia going into the river is not a problem either because it is not ammonia as most people know it. It is ammonical nitrogen which is a nutrient for the enviroment.
Johnny

Sacramento, CA

#2 Sep 17, 2010
The Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board is a bunch of communist wackos. Californias need to get a handle on this out of control organization. These wackos will not be happy unless we all move and live in teepees and crap in the woods.
Ephraim

Vacaville, CA

#3 Sep 17, 2010
Johnny wrote:
The Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board is a bunch of communist wackos. Californias need to get a handle on this out of control organization. These wackos will not be happy unless we all move and live in teepees and crap in the woods.
Hmm, let's see... I'm going to guess you don't like communists or socialists. So, let's take sewer and water out of the hands of government, and privatize it. Like maybe, let's sell the sewer plant to, uh, Enron. We'll see how you like your bills then.
american citizen

United States

#4 Sep 17, 2010
Johnny wrote:
The Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board is a bunch of communist wackos. Californias need to get a handle on this out of control organization. These wackos will not be happy unless we all move and live in teepees and crap in the woods.
Please don't crap in the woods! I like to go on hikes with my daughters. Crap in the toilet, we the communists, make sure and treat that water.
By the way have you ever thought about all the pharmaceuticals and hormones(birth control) that are in our water that don't even get tested for.
WTT

Sacramento, CA

#5 Sep 17, 2010
american citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't crap in the woods! I like to go on hikes with my daughters. Crap in the toilet, we the communists, make sure and treat that water.
By the way have you ever thought about all the pharmaceuticals and hormones(birth control) that are in our water that don't even get tested for.
I crap in the woods.
Pepe Silvia

United States

#6 Sep 17, 2010
Ooh,$9K! Not even worth reporting...
Newair

Vacaville, CA

#7 Sep 17, 2010
Look at what Sacramento puts into the river,, try pure crap. And that is supposed to be our capitol.

“This sh*t stinks...”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#8 Sep 18, 2010
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
They get in trouble for too much coliform so they increase the Clorine then get in trouble for too much of that.
Total coliform and settleable solids are just stupid to even regulate going into an open body of water. Grab a dirt sample from anywhere in the world and mix it with water, the mixture will contain both total coliform and settleable solids.
Ammonia going into the river is not a problem either because it is not ammonia as most people know it. It is ammonical nitrogen which is a nutrient for the enviroment.
You just dropped some science on our (a)sses!
Kitty

Vacaville, CA

#9 Sep 18, 2010
Let's see; 9K fine for violations over a year and a half or how many million to fix the problem. I'll take the 9K.
Carlos

Sacramento, CA

#10 Sep 18, 2010
Ephraim wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, let's see... I'm going to guess you don't like communists or socialists. So, let's take sewer and water out of the hands of government, and privatize it. Like maybe, let's sell the sewer plant to, uh, Enron. We'll see how you like your bills then.
The government is crapping all over you and you do not even know it. Yes, let's privatize all government jobs and send the worthless overworked and underpaid government employees to the unemployment line.

Since: Aug 10

San Jose, CA

#11 Sep 19, 2010
Overworked and underpaid government employees?

What government are you referring to?

-Kevin-

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#12 Sep 19, 2010
Ephraim wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, let's see... I'm going to guess you don't like communists or socialists. So, let's take sewer and water out of the hands of government, and privatize it. Like maybe, let's sell the sewer plant to, uh, Enron. We'll see how you like your bills then.
http://tinyurl.com/23nnle8
Honey Bee

Pleasanton, CA

#13 Sep 22, 2010
Just refuse to pay it and see what happens.
peculiarly odd

Pleasant Hill, CA

#14 Sep 23, 2010
on 7/8/2010 a Reporter article reported :
"A seven-year battle between the city of Vacaville and state water regulators has ended, resulting in more than $45 million in savings for the city and its residents, officials announced Wednesday ........"
so -- are these fellows just upset at the city and retaliating? Ggranted $9K is puny in the big picture - but ????????
AND - who is this "Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board", and how did they get the job ? I'd love to see the reporter educate us all on that.
This new article says "The board may consider the complaints at its regular public board meeting on Dec. 8, 9 or 10." -- Hope to read when & where this meeting is and go see what this circus is all about......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rio Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trial date for Fairfield mall murder suspect li... Mar 3 reaper ben 1
News Police jail 12 across Solano during Super Bowl ... Feb '17 Birds Landing Bob 17
News Suisun council considers smoking ban at public ... (Jul '14) Feb '17 kirton 29
News Guest commentary: There is a five-alarm brewing... (Oct '15) Jan '17 Rainman 3
BethelIslandRealty Inc. Bottom 7% of his peers (May '16) Jan '17 Delta girl 8
News Suisun council hands smoke-free public areas pl... Dec '16 Birds Landing Bob 1
News County will help children's group craft ballot ... (Jun '16) Dec '16 Anon 9

Rio Vista Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rio Vista Mortgages