Solano County says no to pot measure

Solano County says no to pot measure

There are 54 comments on the The Reporter story from Aug 26, 2010, titled Solano County says no to pot measure. In it, The Reporter reports that:

Solano County leaders are not high on the idea of legalizing marijuana and decided to oppose an initiative on the November ballot that would do just that if approved by voters.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Henry

Tempe, AZ

#47 Aug 26, 2010
William wrote:
Thank you
-Marines find 72 bodies in northern Mexico
By MARK STEVENSON, Associated Press Writer
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...
-Migrant had $19 million pot operation
By GEOFF JOHNSON -DN Staff Writer
www.redbluffdailynews.com/ci_15851186
-$80 million in meth, cocaine seized in Gilroy
Associated Press
Friday, August 20, 2010
Mexican Nationals, mi amigos!
-Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard, Paul Simon, Negotiations and Love Songs, 1971-1986
Several arrested in Cottonwood meth raids
By GEOFF JOHNSON -DN Staff Writer
www.redbluffdailynews.com/ci_15840340...
-Authorities note increased violence in pot raids
The Associated Press
Posted: 08/22/2010 04:02:57 PM PDT
www.times-standard.com/statenews/ci_15861168
This would not be happening if marijuana were legal. Law enforcement continues to promote cartels when they ask you to vote no on prop 19.
Henry

Tempe, AZ

#48 Aug 26, 2010
Citizen Bob wrote:
"proponents of the bill say taxing and regulating cannabis will generate billions of dollars for California and local governments to fund jobs,
Proponents, please provide some factual information when you say it generate billions.
Any tax dollars in this state's coffers would be a blessing. And let's not forget the 1.4 billion we'd save annually on law enforcement/courts/jails/priso ns/paroles.....
Henry

Tempe, AZ

#49 Aug 26, 2010
William wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement is not entirely correct. There are direct and indirect causes of death related to drug abuse. Here is a recent one. Read this news story and pay attention to the last sentence of the article.
-Girlfriend of suspect in teacher death arrested
By GREG WELTER MediaNews Group
www.redbluffdailynews.com/ci_15814941...
The woman's boyfriend had been arrested for manslaughter running down a teacher while he is "allegedly" under the influence of marijuana... trial pending.
Ps. Judging by all your spelling errors, are you three-sheets to the wind or just naturally ignorant?
The guy was a known marijuana dispensary collective member. The suspect told the arresting officer that his dog jumped on his arm causing him to swerve. The arresting officer stated, ON THE RECORD, TO A REPORTER, that the man was being arrested for 2 reasons:(1) He was a grower for marijuana collective (2) He had a green tongue. And no, I'm not making up the green tongue reason. Nobody of God's green earth has ever heard of an individual with a green tongue being arrested for running down a jogger. EVER. This is just one of many wild stories you will read about until Nov when the prop is voted on. Yes/19
Henry

Tempe, AZ

#50 Aug 26, 2010
Citzen Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say that everyone that smokes pot does not work. What I said that there are a lot of people who will probably never work at a traditional type of job. Instead they will be part of a permanent leisure class who are not needed in the workforce. If they want to smoke pot or whatever I and others really do not have any say. We do not live in a police state. Freedom to smoke pot is part of living here.
No, freedom to smoke pot IS NOT part of living here. If it were, we wouldn't need prop 19. To each his own pleasure. Yes/19
Henry

Tempe, AZ

#51 Aug 26, 2010
Here's a good, recent article from Newsweek Magazine about how legalizing marijuana will harm the drug cartels.

http://www.newsweek.com/2010/07/17/how-legal-...

*** YES/19 To Smack Down Drug Cartels
Vote them out

United States

#52 Aug 27, 2010
Vote them out

Since: Feb 08

Vacaville

#53 Aug 27, 2010
William wrote:
-Yosemite rangers raid marijuana garden, arrest 2
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Another good reason to legalize.

Since: Feb 08

Vacaville

#54 Aug 27, 2010
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
This would not be happening if marijuana were legal. Law enforcement continues to promote cartels when they ask you to vote no on prop 19.
The fact this clown throws in meth raids with pot shows his/her complete ignorance. Apples/oranges.

RandMan

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#55 Aug 27, 2010
Christine-Vacaville wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact this clown throws in meth raids with pot shows his/her complete ignorance. Apples/oranges.
I agree. And citing the Red Bluff newspaper kills me. It's easy to see what their agenda is - that rag is totally transparent. Every other article is about some huge drug raid. Then you've got boneheads like William who equate cannabis with meth. William is going to be terribly disappointed in November.
John Markes

Sheridan, AR

#56 Aug 27, 2010
So we have another county that wants to continue to subsidize the black market criminals and gangs who sell marijuana. I guess they want to keep their budget as large as possible at the expense of public safety.
WTT

Sacramento, CA

#58 Aug 27, 2010
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>mayor pete sanchez wrote:
Our Suisun City Council passed the No on Prop. 19 resolution on a 5-0 vote. I am pleased to have Rio Vista and the Board of Supervisors on our side, although their 3-2 votes are not as solid as Suisun City's.
Note that both gubernatorial candidates Brown and Whitman are against Prop 19 too , joining Senators Feinstein and Boxer, the League of California Cities, the police and district attorney associations, the chamber of commerce etc.
Nice to have a list of those who protect drug cartels and prosecute Americans all in the name of job security. May you all rot in hell.
HAHAHAHAHA Good response.
WTT

Sacramento, CA

#59 Aug 27, 2010
CA made it legal for medical use, and are ready to take the next step. All of those against it, move to another state.
tired

San Leandro, CA

#60 Aug 27, 2010
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
A moron because i have a life other than responding or reading the majority of anything on here? i read what sounds appealing and controversial and have only responded to very few articles. Just apalling you would say such a dumb thing, aparently we cannot hear tone of voice or see what dumb **** face u made while writing it.
There you go again with your unwarranted remarks about someone being dumb. I did see the look on my face. I also saw my middle finger sticking up. Have a great day "citizen" with a life.
tired

San Leandro, CA

#61 Aug 27, 2010
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely put citizen.:)
Dumb remark

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rio Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
July 7th 1970 You Know Who You Are 12 hr Lebanon Reporter 1
Cat Bratt is a dog! Dec 3 Fluff 1
July 7th 1970 You Know Who You Are Nov '17 Lebanon Reporter 1
July 7th 1970 You Know Who You Are Oct '17 Lebanon Reporter 1
News Defense in Vacaville real estate fraud case pre... (Dec '16) Oct '17 green valley resi... 2
WT JT. From Tomah from Lebanon Oct '17 Lebanon Reporter 1
News Police arrest Fairfield man who allegedly punch... Sep '17 In living color 1

Rio Vista Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rio Vista Mortgages