Why can't I find a job?

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#132 Jun 8, 2012
You really wrote:
<quoted text>
haven't caught on to that,yet?
Oh but I have, it's YOU who stands by your liberal Dem party regardless of what they do wrong. I suspect you vote a party ticket too instead of the person and the issue. How sad you are so misguided. More Tin Foil Hat interference...
Marcy Darcy

Mesa, AZ

#133 Jun 9, 2012
New Mexico governor Susana Martinez support illegals.
Wake Up New Mexico !
If you against any kind of amnesty go HERE register ...join over 1,000,000 others.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/

Once you are registered, go to the "action board" to send free faxes to your state representative.
They are all typed up and ready to go, you just need to click your mouse to send.
your

Huntsville, AL

#134 Jun 9, 2012
Marcy Darcy wrote:
dumb spam is boring no matter what name you use. Keep your AZ nativist scapegoating out of our business. Get a real job.

“Not a fan of big government”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#135 Jun 9, 2012
Thanks Marcy....

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#136 Jun 9, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh but I have, it's YOU who stands by your liberal Dem party regardless of what they do wrong. I suspect you vote a party ticket too instead of the person and the issue. How sad you are so misguided. More Tin Foil Hat interference...
The Democratic Party isn't liberal. It's just not as conservative as the Republican Party.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#137 Jun 9, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The Democratic Party isn't liberal. It's just not as conservative as the Republican Party.
Ultra liberals give them a bad name, just like ultra conservatives do to Reps. The fringe do neither of us much good. I'm somewhat right of center but far from the far right. As I've said many times, I vote the person and the issue, not the party. Neither holds my true feelings on all issues but rather a mix of both.

Were it not for primaries, I'd not be registered to either major party!

Location hidden

#138 Jun 9, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ultra liberals give them a bad name, just like ultra conservatives do to Reps. The fringe do neither of us much good. I'm somewhat right of center but far from the far right. As I've said many times, I vote the person and the issue, not the party. Neither holds my true feelings on all issues but rather a mix of both.
I agree with you 100%,Ultra liberals give them a bad name, just like ultra conservatives do to Reps. The fringe do neither of us much good. I switched parties, now I am a libertarian.

Location hidden

#139 Jun 10, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you insist upon labeling other people when you don't want to be labeled yourself? You libs are all...--Sound familiar?

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#141 Jun 10, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you insist upon labeling other people when you don't want to be labeled yourself? You libs are all...--Sound familiar?
My bad, I mean ultra libs and forget to state it as such. I've no problem with libs overall, although it seems most vote a str8 party ticket<sigh>.

Since I'm a registered Rep (for primary purposes only) please feel free to label me Rep or conservative, I don't mind. If I could vote in a primary as an Independent, I'd change affiliation again and do just that.
TRUTH

Rio Rancho, NM

#142 Jun 10, 2012
Here's where using some brains comes in handy.

If you want a simple job to hold you over, dummy down your resume. Don't put that PhD in physics or masters in Engineering.

Employers won'r hire you if you are overqualified.

And, if you are in the other end of things, if you don't have a HS diploma, you will need to suck it up and may have clean toilets before getting to President of the company.

Life ain't a commercial where problems get solved in 30 seconds

Location hidden

#143 Jun 10, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
My bad, I mean ultra libs and forget to state it as such. I've no problem with libs overall, although it seems most vote a str8 party ticket<sigh>.
Since I'm a registered Rep (for primary purposes only) please feel free to label me Rep or conservative, I don't mind. If I could vote in a primary as an Independent, I'd change affiliation again and do just that.
I always vote for smaller government, less government in my life, and less social programs... needless to say, as a result, I never vote democrat (although I was a fan of Bill Richardson... and Bill Clinton wasn't that bad either).

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#144 Jun 10, 2012
Jim-Bo wrote:
<quoted text>
I always vote for smaller government, less government in my life, and less social programs... needless to say, as a result, I never vote democrat (although I was a fan of Bill Richardson... and Bill Clinton wasn't that bad either).
I could go along with government growing when the true need arises and it actually provides a needed service, however in truth it grows because government in general wants us to be dependent upon it, to be in control, which makes us end up as its servants instead of the other way around as was intended. For that reason I advocate for smaller government too, fed, st, & local.

Since: Dec 10

Albuquerque

#145 Jun 10, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
I could go along with government growing when the true need arises and it actually provides a needed service, however in truth it grows because government in general wants us to be dependent upon it, to be in control, which makes us end up as its servants instead of the other way around as was intended. For that reason I advocate for smaller government too, fed, st, & local.
Traditionally, people have gotten elected by promising to do things....either building things or preventing people from doing things. Both of these endeavors cost money. When the economy was great and the wealthy were happy to pay taxes commensurate with their good fortune, there was plenty of dough to keep our roads and bridges sound and our prisons big enough to hold real felons. And when people relied on taxed booze as their primary source of chemical enjoyment, we had a lot of revenue from that, too.

Today the wealthy pay a tiny percentage of what they did in, say, the 1950s. And a higher and higher (no pub intended) percentage of the population choose to indulge themselves with chemicals that aren't taxed....in fact, we spend a fortune trying to stop them from using those drugs. And while this is going on we are spending trillions on multiple wars without asking anyone to buy war bonds.

Is it any wonder government hiring is way down, our roads are falling apart, and our prisons are full of pot growers and vendors?

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#146 Jun 10, 2012
walterfm wrote:
<quoted text>
Traditionally, people have gotten elected by promising to do things....either building things or preventing people from doing things. Both of these endeavors cost money. When the economy was great and the wealthy were happy to pay taxes commensurate with their good fortune, there was plenty of dough to keep our roads and bridges sound and our prisons big enough to hold real felons. And when people relied on taxed booze as their primary source of chemical enjoyment, we had a lot of revenue from that, too.
Today the wealthy pay a tiny percentage of what they did in, say, the 1950s. And a higher and higher (no pub intended) percentage of the population choose to indulge themselves with chemicals that aren't taxed....in fact, we spend a fortune trying to stop them from using those drugs. And while this is going on we are spending trillions on multiple wars without asking anyone to buy war bonds.
Is it any wonder government hiring is way down, our roads are falling apart, and our prisons are full of pot growers and vendors?
Don't look for things to get better real quick either. When you fund social programs with (example for discussion sake only) taxes on booze or cigarettes, then discourage their use and people follow suit, the revenue slows but the need doesn't. We fund all manner of stuff with totally unrelated sources then cry when that revenue stream slows or dries up. Its been happening here for decades, same with the feds.

Gas taxes pay for a portion of road maintenance, yet those funds have been raided or misdirected in part for a lot of other hocus pocus that has nada to do with gasoline. We nt everything under the sun, but don't have the means to fund it all nor are we willing to pay the taxes necessary to properly fund these things.

The comes the inevitable graft and criminal element we read about on a weekly basis at all levels of government. Add them all together and you have the recipe we've been feeding ourselves for quite awhile now.
Marcy Darcy

Mesa, AZ

#147 Jun 11, 2012
New Mexico governor Susana Martinez support illegals.
Wake Up New Mexico !
If you against any kind of amnesty go HERE register... join over 1,000,000 others.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/

Once you are registered, go to the "action board" to send free faxes to your state representative.
They are all typed up and ready to go, you just need to click your mouse to send.
Same

Huntsville, AL

#148 Jun 11, 2012
Marcy Darcy wrote:
old spam.

Location hidden

#150 Jun 11, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay.

BTW, I don't bother with trying to figure what flavor liberal I am. There's no point to it.

Since: Dec 10

Albuquerque

#151 Jun 11, 2012
mariettita wrote:
Please, Mr Forum. I don't want to work. listen Mr. Forum, don't make me work...when just when will I pick up my supplements, my stamps, my utility credits, my free old bread, my not too old, lettuce and tomatoes, my day-old yogurt etc. etc., please Mr. Forum...you can do it!but just don't make me WORK!
Without what we could call "welfare", the economy would go into a tailspin. It's simple: Money and other aid given to the needy (and the not-really-needy, but-pretending-to-be) is spent almost immediately, and almost entirely on goods and services. This increase the flow of money through the economy, boosting GDP, tax revenues, and profits.

Farmers would take a huge hit without food stamps (one reason they're administered by the Department of Agriculture), and your 401(k) would take a big hit if poor people couldn't buy all kinds of things that those stocks you're invested in rely on for value.

be careful what you wish for. It's like people who think we should deport illegal immigrants. What are 10 million empty houses and apartments going to do to the banks who lent money on them, or retirees whose rental income depends on them, or to your home equity? Aren't there enough empty houses to make you happy already?

The idea that money is "wasted" is ridiculous. It's like water....there's the same amount of water now as there was a billion years ago. You can't create or destroy it (well, you can, but it's practically never done).... you can only change it from one state to another, or move it from one place to another.
As dry as it is here, it's flooding somewhere else. Every time you flush the toilet, that water goes somewhere. It doesn't disappear. It doesn't transform into air or dirt or fly into outer space.

Same with money. Unless you do something silly like burn currency (which technically isn't really worth anything at all, but that's another story) you're not wasting money. It's all subjective. Money doesn't care where it's spent or by whom. You don't need to worry about hurting its feelings or making it mad. But you CAN move it from the wealthy to the poor or from the poor to the wealthy.(Pssst..... More people - especially the middle class - do better when it's the former)

By the way, did you know that the rate of suicide among the wealthy is higher than in the general population? Wouldn't they be better off with less money?

Look for other reasons why you worry about "welfare". There's an issue you're not dealing with effectively, so you're manifesting your anger in a way that "blames" the less-fortunate among us, and those who would help the less fortunate.

I know, you probably had a rough time as a kid. But that's no good excuse for being a dick or a raving bitch now. If you want to blame someone for the state of the economy, blame the rich. They've had their way with us for 30 years now, and if things suck it's because of that, not despite it.
jojo

Maywood, CA

#152 Jun 11, 2012
Because GW outsourced jobs overseas!

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#153 Jun 12, 2012
walterfm wrote:
<quoted text>
Without what we could call "welfare", the economy would go into a tailspin. It's simple: Money and other aid given to the needy (and the not-really-needy, but-pretending-to-be)
The group you mention last in your partial post above is the problem, not those who truly need assistance. Its all about how inclusive the program is & how lax the rules and those who monitor them are. That's the problem with the program(s).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rio Rancho Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 2 hr Frmr-fmer505-1951 64,103
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 2 hr Frmr-fmer505-1951 115,067
TRUMP just POed Many More People 4 hr I am 130
News Police say man confronts squatters, gets shot, ... 5 hr is this real 1
Academy Acres, Far NE Heights, Mail Thieves Aga... 7 hr they 19
News Albuquerque mayor overrules condiment ban place... 7 hr help us lower taxes 1
News #abq4ward: Amid growing crime epidemic, KOB new... 21 hr Frmr-fmer505-1951 6

Rio Rancho Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rio Rancho Mortgages