Lets Get This Right: Chick-Fil-A IS ...

Lets Get This Right: Chick-Fil-A IS NOT Anti-Gay.

Posted in the Rio Rancho Forum

First Prev
of 27
Next Last

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#1 Jul 27, 2012
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/26/chic...

"This solidifies Chick-fil-A as being closely aligned with some of the most vicious anti-gay voices in the country," said Carlos Maza of Equality Matters.

A Chicago alderman vowed to block a Chick-fil-A proposed in his district, and Mayor Rahm Emanuel supported him, saying, "Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values." Boston Mayor Thomas Menino wrote in a letter to Cathy: "There is no place for discrimination on Boston's Freedom Trail and no place for your company alongside it."

{Okay this is where I'm getting frustrated because what was said was in no way discrimination or anti-gay.}

"If you're a Christian, you believe in the Bible. The Bible says homosexuality is wrong.(Cathy's) absolutely right," Marci Troutman said over her breakfast.

Nearby, Dustin Keller offered another view of Cathy: "It's his opinion. He's entitled to it. I'm just here to eat."

{Freedom of speech, freedom of conscience...didn't realize that the gays had exclusive rights on how each person excercises our individual rights.}
dpb

Westcliffe, CO

#2 Jul 27, 2012
Actually, all of us (gay or not) have the "exclusive right" to spend our $$$ where we choose and many of us just don't choose to spend it with Chick-fil-A. That's our "exclusive right" to exclude the homophobic Corp. from our economic support.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#3 Jul 27, 2012
dpb wrote:
Actually, all of us (gay or not) have the "exclusive right" to spend our $$$ where we choose and many of us just don't choose to spend it with Chick-fil-A. That's our "exclusive right" to exclude the homophobic Corp. from our economic support.
It is your choice of course. Like its my choice to boycott the Muppets the christophobic puppet company.

{See it can be done from our side too. Seriously though do we want to act like elementary children playing this game? You threw in homophobic...and once again...Chick-Fil-A is not anti-gay, homophobic or discriminatory in anyway.}
Roseanne

Sterling Heights, MI

#4 Jul 27, 2012
as is our right to spend our $$$ at non gay establishments and exclude butt busters.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#5 Jul 27, 2012
I wonder why none of you have the LIVE AND LET LIVE attitude.

Why are none of you open minded?

No one says you have to like homosexuals, but why hate them, just because your church or bible says they are wrong etc.?

I have had friends and neighbors that are either gay or lesbian and guess what, their as nice as any other person or as bad as some others.

If you don't like them better stop eating out, here in NM I have seen many cooks, wait staff and bus staff who are LGBT (lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender) as you would be silently supporting them by eating there, leaving a tip etc.
And better not shop at any market, Home Depot, Lowes' or other stores as they work there too and I bet you have not had one problem with that.

I am not saying you have to like them, many of us here probably would not get alone with others in real life yet we agree with many things they post and some of us might get alone with others in real life or should I say become friends in the real world and not online world.

Ever been in the hospital? well guess what, that nurse or nurses aid or another just might be a gay or lesbian too.

I have never been in a Chick-A- Fill not do I plan to as it is just another fast food joint to me with one exception,they push their agenda of HATE and if you eat there you are supporting their rights to be anti-gay.

So all you that truly think those of another life style should be slaughtered according to the bible need to put the book down and ask yourself a question, what if your son or daughter or brother or sister came out and said they are gay, lesbian etc.

Would you disown them, exclude them from all family life?

Give that some FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

Location hidden

#6 Jul 27, 2012
Might have got the name backwards.

Chick-A-Fil

Chick-Fil-A

Whichever it is sounds the same to me.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#7 Jul 27, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
I wonder why none of you have the LIVE AND LET LIVE attitude.
Why are none of you open minded?
No one says you have to like homosexuals, but why hate them, just because your church or bible says they are wrong etc.?
I have had friends and neighbors that are either gay or lesbian and guess what, their as nice as any other person or as bad as some others.
If you don't like them better stop eating out, here in NM I have seen many cooks, wait staff and bus staff who are LGBT (lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender) as you would be silently supporting them by eating there, leaving a tip etc.
And better not shop at any market, Home Depot, Lowes' or other stores as they work there too and I bet you have not had one problem with that.
I am not saying you have to like them, many of us here probably would not get alone with others in real life yet we agree with many things they post and some of us might get alone with others in real life or should I say become friends in the real world and not online world.
Ever been in the hospital? well guess what, that nurse or nurses aid or another just might be a gay or lesbian too.
I have never been in a Chick-A- Fill not do I plan to as it is just another fast food joint to me with one exception,they push their agenda of HATE and if you eat there you are supporting their rights to be anti-gay.
So all you that truly think those of another life style should be slaughtered according to the bible need to put the book down and ask yourself a question, what if your son or daughter or brother or sister came out and said they are gay, lesbian etc.
Would you disown them, exclude them from all family life?
Give that some FOOD FOR THOUGHT.
Blunt, Chick-Fil-A said that they stood for traditional marriage. They said they would never discriminate on who they hire or serve.

That's like saying I really dislike how my neighbor makes too much noise at times but that doesn't mean I'm anti-neighbor.

This is my point. The gay crowd has everyone up in arms over an honest expression of freedom. And you know I call a spade a spade when I see it because if you really want to know who is well anti-everything it is Westboro Baptist. These people practice discrimination on levels that I can't even fathom. Chick-Fil-A just said they supported one way of marriage. That is their right of freedom of expression and freedom of conscience but the politically correct progressive liberal police are crucifying them.

And they are lying about what Chick-Fil-A said. I'd rather hangout rather an honest gay person than lying progressive liberals of any age, gender, color, religion or whatever...

Dread Pirate Roberts

#8 Jul 27, 2012
In short it is the militant progressive liberal gay activist crowds that are pushing their hate and agend on all of us.

And trying to police our thoughts and speech.

I'm tired of it. So are many other Americans.

Lines drawn, gauntlet thrown by them. Time for real truth to stand firm or lose America to the godless progressive liberals. Lose our Constitution and yes loose our freedoms to excercise freely our speech, our religion, our conscience.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#9 Jul 27, 2012
Roseanne wrote:
as is our right to spend our $$$ at non gay establishments and exclude butt busters.
Indeed.
and

Huntsville, AL

#10 Jul 27, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
In short it is the militant progressive liberal gay activist crowds that are pushing their hate and agend on all of us.
Lines drawn, gauntlet thrown by them. Time for real truth to stand firm or lose America to the godless progressive liberals. Lose our Constitution and yes loose our freedoms to excercise freely our speech, our religion, our conscience.
In short it is the militant phony christian activist crowds that are pushing their hate and agend on all of us. And trying to police our thoughts and speech.
I'm tired of it. So are many other Americans.Lines drawn, gauntlet thrown by them. Time for real truth to stand firm or lose America to the right-wing taliban. Lose our Constitution and yes lose our freedoms to excercise freely our speech, our beliefs, our conscience and our civil and hiuman rights.

Since: Dec 10

Albuquerque

#11 Jul 27, 2012
That's it. I'm not going to spend any money with the advertisers on Sesame Street. That'll show them!

Dread Pirate Roberts

#12 Jul 27, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
Cooked spam and recycled light bulbs. Cool.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#13 Jul 27, 2012
walterfm wrote:
That's it. I'm not going to spend any money with the advertisers on Sesame Street. That'll show them!
Darn right...{actually PBS is having problems raising revenue...}.

Location hidden

#14 Jul 27, 2012
I think Chick-Fil-A and Westboro Baptist would make a very good marriage.

Chick-Fil-A CEO has this week admitted they don't hire gays and do not like them so now they are saying they would not discriminate on who they hire or serve.

So who got to them, their greed for the almighty dollar and seeing how they riled up the homosexual special groups and added up how much they would not make in profit so they changed their saying to Oh NO WE DON'T DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANYONE.

And this trouble making Westboro Baptist spewing their hate need to STFU and stop making trouble.

Whose the man of the cloth there, Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton?

Just gotta love those who are troublesome folks spewing their hate instead of trying to help make things better.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#15 Jul 27, 2012
and wrote:
<quoted text>
In short it is the militant phony christian activist crowds that are pushing their hate and agend on all of us. And trying to police our thoughts and speech.
I'm tired of it. So are many other Americans.Lines drawn, gauntlet thrown by them. Time for real truth to stand firm or lose America to the right-wing taliban. Lose our Constitution and yes lose our freedoms to excercise freely our speech, our beliefs, our conscience and our civil and hiuman rights.
Seriously? You couldn't up with an original idea you had to twist my comment? Satan does that with Gods words too. We know who is your father and who you take your marching orders from.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#16 Jul 27, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
Might have got the name backwards.
Chick-A-Fil
Chick-Fil-A
Whichever it is sounds the same to me.
I could never get it right...

Location hidden

#17 Jul 27, 2012
walterfm wrote:
But what show would you watch if you stop supporting Sesame Street and they go off air ??????

Dread Pirate Roberts

#18 Jul 27, 2012
I'm going to make it easy for people to understand on a level that most Americans can relate:

If I support NASCAR that does NOT mean I am anti-football or that I discriminate against those who are football players or fans.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#19 Jul 27, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
I think Chick-Fil-A and Westboro Baptist would make a very good marriage.
Chick-Fil-A CEO has this week admitted they don't hire gays and do not like them so now they are saying they would not discriminate on who they hire or serve.
So who got to them, their greed for the almighty dollar and seeing how they riled up the homosexual special groups and added up how much they would not make in profit so they changed their saying to Oh NO WE DON'T DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANYONE.
And this trouble making Westboro Baptist spewing their hate need to STFU and stop making trouble.
Whose the man of the cloth there, Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton?
Just gotta love those who are troublesome folks spewing their hate instead of trying to help make things better.
Before you get caught up in the liberal media spin because they are totally vicious and will spin anything and everything to no end. We experience that here with santa fe, dpb, davy and others.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/story...

Chick-fil-A released its own statement, saying it has a history of applying biblically-based principles to its business, such as keeping its stores closed on Sundays.

"The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect — regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender," according to the statement.

"Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena," it said.

The Atlanta-based chain opened its first location in a Georgia mall in 1967 and has grown to more than 1,615 restaurants in 39 states and Washington, D.C., with annual sales over $4.1 billion, according to its website.

"We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that," Cathy told the Baptist Press, the news agency of the Southern Baptist Convention.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#20 Jul 27, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
But what show would you watch if you stop supporting Sesame Street and they go off air ??????
He has the hots for Stewie on Family Guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rio Rancho Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grant bringing immigrant and refugee center to ... 1 min Shorlynn 5
News Requests stop mosquito spraying in some Albuque... 6 min More 2
News How can I get involved in the Hillary Clinton c... 15 min howto 22
News ART opponents water trees set to be removed for... 31 min Johnny F 3
New Mexico Should become the Leader in Solar Fa... 1 hr Lol 2
You Know You're From New Mexico When... (Apr '12) 1 hr When 714
News King Brothers' Alamo Ranch in New Mexico sells 1 hr Eathan 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rio Rancho Mortgages