Border Patrol and Customs

Border Patrol and Customs

There are 8 comments on the The Deming Headlight story from Mar 8, 2011, titled Border Patrol and Customs. In it, The Deming Headlight reports that:

You have to feel sorry for today's Border Patrol and Customs agents, often outgunned by illegals, smugglers and criminals armed with sophisticated equipment and weapons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Deming Headlight.

Border Native-American

Florissant, CO

#1 Mar 9, 2011
There is a book somewhere in there about Luna County and Border Patrol/Customs. How about a story on the Columbus Air Force?
Art

Kernersville, NC

#2 Mar 10, 2011
Outgunned by illegals, smugglers and criminals? Please! We can take these fools any day we please. It's our damn policy that screws us over and over again. Let's not mention all these liberal nut jobs who seem to protect these CRIMiNALS when a BP or customs agent have to lay their foot on the ground.
AZ rancher

Elgin, AZ

#3 Mar 12, 2011
I live in the desert outback of Arizona about 75 miles north of Mexico. Often we've seen chases down our winding dirt road that were clocked at 92mph where the road crosses through a running river. On one occasion we saw a helicopter chasing a vehicle. The pilot got in front and landed in the road, blocking it and likewise testing the driver's cajones. As the driver approached he did not slow down at all, and at the last moment the helicopter had to lift off to avoid being hit. We later learned that the driver was being chased because he had attempted to run over a Border Patrol agent that was on foot.
Not Again

United States

#4 Mar 12, 2011
AZ rancher wrote:
I live in the desert outback of Arizona about 75 miles north of Mexico. Often we've seen chases down our winding dirt road that were clocked at 92mph where the road crosses through a running river. On one occasion we saw a helicopter chasing a vehicle. The pilot got in front and landed in the road, blocking it and likewise testing the driver's cajones. As the driver approached he did not slow down at all, and at the last moment the helicopter had to lift off to avoid being hit. We later learned that the driver was being chased because he had attempted to run over a Border Patrol agent that was on foot.
Boy, that must have been a scene to watch. In cases like that, I'd say these choppers should be outfitted with a certain type of weapon where they could have shot the tires out from the chopper, not putting the pilot in danger and halting the entire situation all together. If the people in that vehicle had attempted to run over a BP agent that was on foot, I'd say that would be attempted murder, your car being the weapon.
Coach

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Mar 13, 2011
Not Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, that must have been a scene to watch. In cases like that, I'd say these choppers should be outfitted with a certain type of weapon where they could have shot the tires out from the chopper, not putting the pilot in danger and halting the entire situation all together. If the people in that vehicle had attempted to run over a BP agent that was on foot, I'd say that would be attempted murder, your car being the weapon.
A fast moving helicopter shooting out the tires of a fast moving vehicle? I don't think that's very feasible anywhere outside of Hollywood. I don't know. Maybe it's just me. Now if the BP had a gunship chopper that could shoot the vehicle that tried to run them down, they would have to have policy to fire without knowing if the driver is truly the only bad guy in the car.
Border Native-American

Florissant, CO

#6 Mar 13, 2011
Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
A fast moving helicopter shooting out the tires of a fast moving vehicle? I don't think that's very feasible anywhere outside of Hollywood. I don't know. Maybe it's just me. Now if the BP had a gunship chopper that could shoot the vehicle that tried to run them down, they would have to have policy to fire without knowing if the driver is truly the only bad guy in the car.
Just saw it last night on Discovery channel on the program Texas Drug War (I think that was the title, or TX Birder War). Sniper shot out of a heli and took out a tire on a fleeing vehicle. It's that real.
Lobo 1

Grand Junction, CO

#7 Mar 13, 2011
If you want to read about the Columbus Air Force,See DIRTY DEALINGS by Gary Cartwright. It has a whole chapter.
mike

Florham Park, NJ

#8 Mar 31, 2011
Our Border Agents are our first line of defense. They should all be given more firepower not only for their protection but ours. Yes, they are out gunned. Just read your own articles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rio Grande City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News News 26 mins ago 7:06 a.m.House committee consi... Apr '17 USS LIBERTY 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Texas (Dis... (Oct '10) Feb '17 Jeff 51
Looking for a Juan Perez Feb '17 Trying to help 1
You should know this. (Jan '17) Jan '17 Roc 2
i hate rio grande mexicans (May '09) Dec '16 True Texan 64
News Wind farm project completed in Starr County (Aug '16) Dec '16 Esrella 2
News San Antonio rally marks 50th anniversary of far... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Bedelia 1

Rio Grande City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rio Grande City Mortgages