Authorities search for bear that char...

Authorities search for bear that charged at hiker, mauled dog in Ringwood park

There are 4 comments on the Millville News story from Jun 25, 2010, titled Authorities search for bear that charged at hiker, mauled dog in Ringwood park. In it, Millville News reports that:

A file photo of hikers in Ringwood State Park, where a bear is believed to have charged at a hiker Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Millville News.

Herb

Spring Valley, NY

#1 Jun 30, 2010
We have more serious situations from our pet dogs almost every day. Are we soon going to argue that we should be shooting all dogs on sight?

It's amazing tha this poor guy was able to tell that this was a female bear with three cubs while being mauled and trying to protect his dog. Something's wrong with that picture in my eye. Sadly, thhis is going to be a classic example of vigilante violence. The poor sow will be caught, tranquilized and killed. Justice? Not for bears!!

Of course the experience will be used to jump up and down for a bear hunt all over the state. How killing innocent bears in the woods all over the state is going to eliminate the rare cases such as this one, just amazes me.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2 Jun 30, 2010
sounds fishy to me..they want to kill the bear and leave the cubs without a mother..real nice!!! that's horrendous..i can't wait to move out of this area....weird how she didn't use her claws or her teeth but knocked him down...then attacked his dog??? how on earth did she do that without using her teeth or her claws???? yet the dog was supposedly mauled..sounds like he may have injured his own dog to frame the bear..that's why he's not giving his name to the public..probably the head of the firearms association or some stupid bearhunt supporter, funny i have walked these woods many times with my dogs my daughter and my husband and never ever had a bear come close...
streethawk1909

Bronx, NY

#3 Jul 2, 2010
you people think you know so much about black bears your so so wrong im a deer hunter an everything i had a bear come under my tree stand that bear was going to climb up my tree trust me its not funny going in the woods alone with no gun or bow just walking an see black bears walking all around then chase you they need a bear hunt this year i'll be glad to kill them your all live in the city not our country woods you people are stupid

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#4 Jul 2, 2010
streethawk1909 wrote:
you people think you know so much about black bears your so so wrong im a deer hunter an everything i had a bear come under my tree stand that bear was going to climb up my tree trust me its not funny going in the woods alone with no gun or bow just walking an see black bears walking all around then chase you they need a bear hunt this year i'll be glad to kill them your all live in the city not our country woods you people are stupid
umm hello i live in hewitt..and i have since 1992

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ringwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jill Gihorski will take reigns at CMS in January (Jul '12) Mar 11 Eddie 2
Philadelphia Shopper (Sep '12) Mar 10 G Hawthorne 2
News Bergen County Executive Tedesco Announces Parks... Feb '17 matt 4
Review: Lindvale Gardens (Jul '09) Jan '17 Erik 16
Oakland's "Krauzers" convenience store Jan '17 wildwick 1
Anybody know Marco Guerrero (Jul '09) Jan '17 JimBev96 5
Left Ring At Dunkin Donuts Womens Bathroom Jan '17 Anonymous 1

Ringwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance