Lakeland Regional students stage walk...

Lakeland Regional students stage walk-outs to protest Christie aid cuts

There are 4 comments on the North Jersey Media Group story from Apr 1, 2010, titled Lakeland Regional students stage walk-outs to protest Christie aid cuts. In it, North Jersey Media Group reports that:

Students from Lakeland Regional High School walked out of school Thursday in a demonstration against Governor Christie's slashes to education aid and the administration's plan on where to implement those cuts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Jersey Media Group.

Ossining, NY

#1 Apr 2, 2010
i was in there

Landing, NJ

#2 Apr 9, 2010
kristaaa wrote:
i was in there
Krista, please let me inform you before you continue to act on such actions.The Teachers Union and themselves right up to Principals brought this whole situation upon themselves by becoming GREEDY! They would protest/strike for more money, better benefits and would get it. They Never paid a penny into there Health,Dental and Eye Glass which was the best-never paid a co-pay! They would get paid for working until a certain time-but Never fulfilled that requirement. These are just some of there ascts. Now, that a new Governor is in and a dam good one at that-smart as a whip-they are know feeling the pinch. Yes, the teachers are quick to blame else where. If the teachers,sects. and principals along with there Unions weren't so greedy, the money would have been there to further your education,skills and supplies. Do you realize a Police Officer out there protecting and serving: 1-Gets paid much less than a teacher,2-Has to pay & always had to pay into there Ins. and works more hours than your highly paid teachers! Tell me, have you ever heard or read about a Police Dept. striking for more money & better benefits? Please do some research to better enlighten yourself with the situation.

Old Bridge, NJ

#3 Apr 10, 2010
By evidence of your staunchly conservative view points, you are narrow-minded and greedy yourself. The walk out that was staged was not to point fingers at any certain group of people - not the teacher's union nor the governor. The walk out took place so we could demonstrate to the community, school board, and state government, that you must invest into your schools in order to get anything back in the future. Taking money out of the school district directly affects the students - especially when clubs, sports, and teachers are the ones being cut. Christie, himself, has not made any sacrifice. Is Christie cutting his salary? No. Secondly, Lakeland is filled with many administrators that do not directly affect the student's lives. As students, we ask - why aren't these employees being cut? Cutting one administrator could save two teachers and all of the clubs. We no longer need to be "top heavy" as a student mentioned. I understand your concern but realize that it is not the teachers that are being greedy or who are narrow-minded. Christie is cutting from the future of this state and the administration is implementing these cuts in the wrong direction. I urge you to please understand that education is vital to the success of each individual and I urge you to understand cutting the budget may decrease spending but will also leave NJ at a disadvantage in the long run.
teachers suck

Fair Lawn, NJ

#4 Apr 26, 2010
pay-freeze not pay cut. greedy teachers abusing the system for so long they feel entitled to continue. tow the party line lemmings, the cliff is on the horizon

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ringwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RV parked in 23 Rest Area by Echo Lk Rd for weeks (Mar '09) Mar 6 Aldo 10
News Bergen County Executive, Sheriff & Freeholders ... Feb 23 Hardknocks 2
News West Milford police again ask gas station robbe... (Mar '14) Jan '18 Roman 2
Charlene mckenny is a prostitute in riverdale nj Dec '17 Hannibal32112 1
News Why A Sleepy New Jersey Suburb Targeted Hasidic... Dec '17 yidfellas rule 3
News New SWAT team patrol units to roam Bergen County Dec '17 ROBERT TAYLOR 2
The Philadelphia Lady Oct '17 G Hawthorne 1

Ringwood Jobs

Personal Finance

Ringwood Mortgages