Ford sludge is found in Ringwood mine...

Ford sludge is found in Ringwood mine pit

There are 5 comments on the NorthJersey.com story from Sep 2, 2009, titled Ford sludge is found in Ringwood mine pit. In it, NorthJersey.com reports that:

Paint sludge from a long-closed Ford Motor Co. plant has been found 65 feet below ground in a Ringwood mine pit, but government and company officials are downplaying its effect on Wanaque Reservoir, which is a half-mile away.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NorthJersey.com.

BAM

East Hanover, NJ

#1 Sep 3, 2009
The Ramapo Mountain people have suffered the effects of this sludge for years and years. Their health has been massively compromised by this outrageous use of the land. They continue to suffer serious health problems linked to this polution. This is an outrage. Each time the issue was brought up, again and agian, effective and complete remediation has not been thoroughly competed. Had this outrageous condition been discovered in Scaresdale, I doubt it would still be an active complaint.
The Ford Motot Company, township of Ringwood, the State of NJ and the Federal Government have an obligation to provide adequate remediation of this long standing polution and to compensate assist those who are its victims.

That these conditions persist is an outrage and monumental injustice against the Upper Ringwood residents.

BAM

Clinton Corners, NY

#2 Oct 24, 2009
I could not agree with you more. It is an ongoing outrage of horendous propportion.
Blankety Blank blank

Fair Lawn, NJ

#3 Oct 27, 2009
Don't count on Ringwood- they spent the money that was supposed to go to the homeowners on "open space"
bbc

New York, NY

#4 Nov 4, 2009
Move Out and off the mountain.
RSE

AOL

#5 Nov 8, 2009
I love it when people say "Move Out and off the mountain" if it was that easy then they would !!
Where is your trailer park??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ringwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Giudice Don't Bend Over in the Shower Jul 10 The Punisher 2
News Three more North Jersey residents arrested in b... Jul 10 The Punisher 1
RV parked in 23 Rest Area by Echo Lk Rd for weeks (Mar '09) Jun '16 Bill 8
Review: Lindvale Gardens (Jul '09) Jun '16 Rob 15
Fall in Back Beach (Oct '14) May '16 Jack Kelly 3
News West Milford man found shot in his backyard (Jun '10) May '16 BoBo Brazil 8
News West Milford representatives reject local Scout... Apr '16 Sneaky Pete 1

Ringwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ringwood Mortgages