Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86469 Feb 24, 2013
I had a full day of fun, fresh air, riding, card playing, BBQing, family, friends and lots of love. Life is good. I am going to sleep like a baby. I will leave you with these words of wisdom I think Una would approve of. He went to meet his maker and only HE knew what was in Una's heart and soul. HE is a forgiving GOD, so I feel anything Una did could probably been forgiven. I hope he RIP.

‎7 Gems of Wisdom ....

1. Make peace with your past so it wonít screw up the present.

2. What others think of you is none of your business.

3. Time heals almost everything, give it time.

4. Donít compare your life to others and donít judge them. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

5. Stop thinking too much, itís all right not to know the answers. They will come to you when you least expect it.

6. No one is in charge of your happiness, except you.

7. Smile. You donít own all the problems in the world.

Smile. Love. Live in the Moment. Be Grateful for all that you have.

Life - is a Beautiful Miracle.

So I will leave those words with you and head off to dreamland. I hope you all have a great week.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86470 Feb 24, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reasoning is flawed. LOL. Not twice as many utilities. You heat with your woodstove and keep some lights on, I suppose. So how is that twice the cost. I contend that it would cost you half the cost. Two can eat as cheaply as one, if you plan your meals correctly. You both have the same number of kids as before, so how is it twice the number of hands out. That cancels each other out. Besides, you have mentioned how proud you are of your independent kids. I'm sure that they don't have their hands out. As for having more kids, I don't think that is possible with a couple of folks old enough to collect social security. Unless....you have robbed the cradle, which I highly doubt. LOL. And if Our Creator granted you and your lady a miracle, and a child was born, how wealthy you would be, just from the publicity. My final point,(are you waiting for this one?) You and your lady can be best friends. Hubby and I are best friends, and look how that worked out!!We've been exclusively together since 1976, and were married in 1980. You can do the math and decide if that was successful.(Don't ask hubby, he might say otherwise). LOL There is only one catch. In order to keep your present level of social security, you couldn't get married. Old Uncle Sam would make an adjustment for that. But, then again, people have been living together without the formality of marriage, for a very long time. I'm sure that Our
Creator would understand. LOL Now, don't get angry, I am saying this only in jest, but I am a hopeless romantic.
Your's is the reasoning that is flawed. LOL One does not have to live in the same house to be romantic. In fact that more often ruins the romance hehehe Besides, she is "city" and I am "country" and she would not live here and I surely would not live in town. LOL I like dogs, she likes cats. Just a few of the subtle differences. Cupid, your arrows are dull. lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86471 Feb 24, 2013
translation wrote:
<quoted text>
translation: wolf is a grumpy old cheapskate who is content to live lone because he knows no woman could ever stand to live with him
Wrong assumption again owl. I am not the least bit grumpy or cheap and at my age there are more women than men and while I like this lady a lot, there are many more that require a little attention also. LOL Could you be translating your own situation ?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86472 Feb 24, 2013
One tends to forget that at an elderly age, there is a high percentage of illness and death that even a monthly Social Security check will not cover. So if two people merge and one passes, the average cost of a funeral is about $8000 and SS pays $255. So who pays the rest? Or if one has an extended stay in a nursing facility, then who pays? I have been there and done that and don't intend to do it again just for "romance" or any other reasons.

I don't consider that scenario to be cheap, but just more feasible economically to live apart in one's declining years. It makes the times two people can be together even more sweeter and less worry and trouble free. Call it cheap if you like, it makes no difference to me and won't change anything.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86473 Feb 25, 2013
Most health insurance plans cover only the first 100 days of skilled nursing care and if much more than that is needed, I certainly would not want to burden some "partner" with that expense on my behalf.

Dog is back from the tree and chasing the boondock boogers, so good night/morning to all.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86474 Feb 25, 2013
Some judge must think their clicking the negative icons means something, so here is another one for you LOL
happy dance

Oak Lawn, IL

#86475 Feb 25, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
I had a full day of fun, fresh air, riding, card playing, BBQing, family, friends and lots of love. Life is good. I am going to sleep like a baby. I will leave you with these words of wisdom I think Una would approve of. He went to meet his maker and only HE knew what was in Una's heart and soul. HE is a forgiving GOD, so I feel anything Una did could probably been forgiven. I hope he RIP.
&#8206;7 Gems of Wisdom ....
1. Make peace with your past so it wonít screw up the present.
2. What others think of you is none of your business.
3. Time heals almost everything, give it time.
4. Donít compare your life to others and donít judge them. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
5. Stop thinking too much, itís all right not to know the answers. They will come to you when you least expect it.
6. No one is in charge of your happiness, except you.
7. Smile. You donít own all the problems in the world.
Smile. Love. Live in the Moment. Be Grateful for all that you have.
Life - is a Beautiful Miracle.
So I will leave those words with you and head off to dreamland. I hope you all have a great week.
Gems of Wisdom
8. Stop being hateful to every single visitor who drops by this thread with a comment or question you do not approve of.
9. Stop calling everybody out of your little circle "trolls" because as Una told you, you do not own this thread and everybody doesn't have to have your permission or approval to speak.
10. Crabbiness makes a person look like a bitter old hag.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86476 Feb 25, 2013
happy dance wrote:
<quoted text>
Gems of Wisdom
8. Stop being hateful to every single visitor who drops by this thread with a comment or question you do not approve of.
9. Stop calling everybody out of your little circle "trolls" because as Una told you, you do not own this thread and everybody doesn't have to have your permission or approval to speak.
Go back to your political thread and sling your crap WKY. You are still mad that Una wouldn't warm up to you and outted you out for the troll that you are. Most of those ignorant comments are you spinning your location just like you did when Una was here. The only bitter old hag that is here is you.
Birdie

United States

#86477 Feb 25, 2013
happy dance wrote:
<quoted text>
Gems of Wisdom
Nailed it! The response proves so.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86478 Feb 25, 2013
Birdie wrote:
<quoted text>
Nailed it! The response proves so.
Nailed it....now try your AOL spin to post somemore useless comments or trash AW like you have been doing with your sick little attempts at poems. Una had you pegged right from the beginning. You are not fooling anyone. I nailed it calling you a troll, because that is what you are. Now buzz off.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86480 Feb 25, 2013
Earthquakes shake central Japan

Tokyo (CNN)-- A magnitude 5.7 earthquake rattled central Japan on Monday afternoon, the U.S. Geological Survey reported. A second quake -- magnitude 4.6 quake -- struck about 11 minutes later.

The Japan Meteorological Agency said no tsunami alert has been issued.

The quake, which took place at 4:24 p.m. local time, was centered about 143 kilometers (89 miles) north-northwest of Tokyo at a depth of 9.9 kilometers (6.2 miles), according to the USGS.
CNN's Tokyo bureau felt a "slight shake" from the temblor.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/25/world/asia/japa...

Japan had several as well as China and New Zealand.

Monday, 25th February 2013
China
Magnitude: 5.2

New Zealand
Magnitude: 5.0

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86481 Feb 25, 2013
Louisville's own....should have worn a sleek dress that wasn't bigger than she was and maybe she wouldn't have tripped going up the steps to get her award. She has a good sense of humor though. Up and rising star from KENTUCKY.

Jennifer Lawrence wins Best Actress Oscar for "Silver Linings"

LOUISVILLE, Ky.ó The Academy awarded her best actress and she's from right here in Louisville.

Jennifer Lawrence, 22, took home the coveted award Sunday night for her role in "Silver Linings Playbook."

Lawrence spent two seasons with Walden Theater when she was just 14, before moving to New York City, where she was discovered.

On Sunday night, Lawrence received a standing ovation when she accepted the award, but the star joked that it was only because she tripped up the steps on her way to the stage.

Lawrence became the second youngest actress to ever take home the award for best actress.
She also won the Golden Globe for best actress last month for her role in the film "Silver Linings Playbook."

Lawrence attended Kammerer Middle School.
She's known to millions across the world as Katniss Everdeen -- the heroine of the movie series "Hunger Games."

ďShe was a pretty intuitive actress and she did command a lot of focus on the stage. She did sort of have a natural instinct for drawing focus, which is something that you don't really--you can teach it but it takes a long time,Ē said Walden Theater artistic director Charlie Sexton.

It's not the first time Lawrence has been nominated for an Academy Award. She received a nod back in 2010 for her role in the independent film "Winter's Bone."

Read more: http://www.wlky.com/news/entertainment/Louisv...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86482 Feb 25, 2013
When I clicked on local news channel to see the above news they had a small reference to that murder I told you about a couple days ago at Fort Knox. Apparently, he shot her, then himself while their two small children were present. Really sad.

Army releases names of husband, wife fatally shot
Authorities say domestic dispute may have led to gunfire
FORT KNOX, Ky.óThe U.S. Army released the names Saturday of a husband and his wife found shot at Fort Knox.
Spc. Christopher Meeks was dead when police arrived, but officials said his wife, Krista, was being treated at the scene when she died.
Authorities said the attack appeared to be the result of a domestic dispute.
The couple's two children were in the residence at the time.

Read more: http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news/louisvill...

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#86483 Feb 25, 2013
I'm feeding my birds this morning. What fat little Robins we have this year. I hope they make nests near me so I can see the fat little babies.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86484 Feb 25, 2013
Well bird threaders I am off to a doctor's appt and enjoy the temps getting in the 50's today. Going to do lunch with my best friend and stop by sister's house on the way home. I hope all of you have a wonderful day, except the pest who insist on stirring the crap under different names and locations.

Enjoy the day, I will. lol
BlackHand

Lexington, KY

#86485 Feb 25, 2013
The skinwalker is only ONE spirit you released, the rest are much older, ancient souls. You cannot pray, you cannot live, NOTHING, can help you now. Even a Shaman cannot help you. ONLY a practitioner can stop this, and I, am not inclined. They seek all that was done to a KEEPER WHO FED THEM. You have awakened an evil as old as time itself. When the spring rains and storms come, the wind, will carry them, I see your storys, and tales, and you dont understand, Bath County executives.....THERE ARE MUCH WORSE THINGS THAN DEATH. But this, you will learn soon enough. YOU, are just DINNER. Even the birds are not safe. But YOU did this, welcome to the Spirit World
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86490 Feb 25, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I know, everyone is allowed to speak, and you do not need to be a "member of the club" in order to do so. Some of us have been on this thread since it began, but all are welcome to speak or to initiate new topics. The only requisite is respect for others' opinions. Speaking for myself, I usually sign on with "good morning, everyone. Newcomers are always welcome, in order to make this a dynamic thread. If only a few posted, this thread would shrivel and die on the vine. Respectfully submitted, Lala.
just thought i'd take a second to thank you for your answer. i suppose some of the others don't like talking to strangers or whatever. just wanted to say that you're absolutely right. have a good day , and live , laugh , love . but mostly ; laugh !
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86491 Feb 25, 2013
rapidfire ; WORK FOR FOOD !

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#86492 Feb 25, 2013
<--- Checking in.
Everything in here seems to be okay and appears reasonably sane. And almost everyone is accounted for.

---> Logging out and going back to bed... Don't feel well again today. Something's gotta give around here pretty soon, I'm SO tired of feeling half way to dead every single day.

Chat later, taters.

_-_Nope_-_
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86493 Feb 25, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<--- Checking in.
Everything in here seems to be okay and appears reasonably sane. And almost everyone is accounted for.
---> Logging out and going back to bed... Don't feel well again today. Something's gotta give around here pretty soon, I'm SO tired of feeling half way to dead every single day.
Chat later, taters.
_-_Nope_-_
I can relate to that ! have alot of health issues myself. hate winter time these days. but all the same glad to be here. time change in 13 more days. sure looking forward to it. SPRINGTIME !it's all down hill from here. hope you get feeling better . i'm going out to feed / water my horses, and try to soak up some sunshine today before the rain sets in again tonight. hopefuly it will make ME feel a little better . have a nice nap !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rineyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My husband site models 11 min confused 21
Black X-KSP Trooper takes the fall - 15 year Te... 16 min Really 10
Big blue nation 1 hr Karen S 28
Tattoo artists in Elizabethtown (Sep '13) 1 hr Curiously wondering 107
The second post office in Etown? 1 hr Cindy 5
Girl murdered employees at iPay technologies 1 hr harry B 7
Review: Etown Swim And Fitness Center 3 hr fitchickforlife 7
Rineyville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rineyville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rineyville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rineyville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:09 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:09PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night