Akebono Union Meeting
Melissa

Glasgow, KY

#572 Jun 18, 2013
I for one would like to thank Akebono for my raise.
A lot say it's not enough, I say thank you. A lot of us are greatful for our jobs, Most of us are not with the Freedom Fighters and their complaints. One thing I wish HR would do is when you go to mine or any department don't just talk to the FF who complain. Your only making them seem stronger than what they are. We see you talking to them, then they go around spreading rumors on what you tell them, your not helping by doing this. For once talk to others and skip them. Your only making them feel and appear stronger when you do this. Anyway, thanks for the raise.
KNOWABOUTIT

Louisville, KY

#573 Jun 18, 2013
akebono has sold out to mashui automotive and they are going to sideline the e-town plant and move the line to alabama suntomo in bardstown on the block also they are keeping this quiet until jan-1st 2014 that's why union talk is useless when pink slips are handed out
jim

Elizabethtown, KY

#574 Jun 19, 2013
Sounds good to me. the sooner the better. I'm sure every one is tired if working for these slant eyed monsters.
yep

Elizabethtown, KY

#575 Jun 19, 2013
KNOWABOUTIT wrote:
akebono has sold out to mashui automotive and they are going to sideline the e-town plant and move the line to alabama suntomo in bardstown on the block also they are keeping this quiet until jan-1st 2014 that's why union talk is useless when pink slips are handed out
Only one line at Akebono? wow
uuuhummdhhhaa

Louisville, KY

#576 Jun 19, 2013
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one line at Akebono? wow
yea da'unemployment line
Tim

Elizabethtown, KY

#577 Jun 19, 2013
KNOWABOUTIT wrote:
akebono has sold out to mashui automotive and they are going to sideline the e-town plant and move the line to alabama suntomo in bardstown on the block also they are keeping this quiet until jan-1st 2014 that's why union talk is useless when pink slips are handed out
I think it is mashu brake.
akebono associate

Elizabethtown, KY

#578 Jun 19, 2013
please keep in mind I am very much pro union,but the UAW is as crooked as as Akebono!Trust me I was a member and steward!
David

Glasgow, KY

#579 Jun 19, 2013
I just wanted to say Thanks for the raise!
Glad Doug's back!
Things are changing for the better.
Someone with a brain

Guston, KY

#580 Jun 19, 2013
Move what line where....are you really that stupid...Akebono needs a North American presence in order to thrive. Since the acquisition of Bosch they now own over 50% of the brake market....So tell me why they would sell any part of Akebono when their original plan was to own 30% of the market by 2011 and now they are over 50%. Akebono's only options as far as saving money are to shut down AKB and move it somewhere else and start over with the new plant and hire associates at a lower hourly rate. But wait they can't do that by 2014 either because they have no way to supply their customers during that type of transition either. The only thing they can do to get rid of AKB and all its associates is to have another plant manned and machined up with all the volume we have now that way they would never miss a shipment. If you idiots would stop and think you would realize we have AKB by the balls as much as they have us.
yep

Elizabethtown, KY

#581 Jun 19, 2013
Someone with a brain wrote:
Move what line where....are you really that stupid...Akebono needs a North American presence in order to thrive. Since the acquisition of Bosch they now own over 50% of the brake market....So tell me why they would sell any part of Akebono when their original plan was to own 30% of the market by 2011 and now they are over 50%. Akebono's only options as far as saving money are to shut down AKB and move it somewhere else and start over with the new plant and hire associates at a lower hourly rate. But wait they can't do that by 2014 either because they have no way to supply their customers during that type of transition either. The only thing they can do to get rid of AKB and all its associates is to have another plant manned and machined up with all the volume we have now that way they would never miss a shipment. If you idiots would stop and think you would realize we have AKB by the balls as much as they have us.
Which plant is AKB?
Knows Better

Campbellsville, KY

#582 Jun 19, 2013
David wrote:
<quoted text> We will be like Gates, Vermont, Bussmans, Crucible and Superior Cable if we vote union. I am not taking the chance. Things aren't perfect, but where is anything perfect. You make good money for the area, good insurance, lots of vacation and a 401K. Some of you people will never be satisfied. Yeah I agree I wish the pay was in line with other companies in the area like the other poster stated and I wish it was like the old Ambrake, but it's not. I am not taking a chance on my job leaving to go to a non union state or country. I will be voting NO! If your smart, you will also.
Thank you mr management.
Jacob Marley

Campbellsville, KY

#583 Jun 19, 2013
akebono associate wrote:
please keep in mind I am very much pro union,but the UAW is as crooked as as Akebono!Trust me I was a member and steward!
I've worked in different jobs in different states and 3 of them had unions; the one with the uaw was without doubt the BEST I've ever belonged to!
Sue

Columbia, KY

#584 Jun 19, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text> Why are people complaining about their salary if they only have a GED? Shouldn't make past minimum wage.
Where are you from Stupidville?
Sue

Columbia, KY

#585 Jun 19, 2013
Someone with a brain wrote:
Move what line where....are you really that stupid...Akebono needs a North American presence in order to thrive. Since the acquisition of Bosch they now own over 50% of the brake market....So tell me why they would sell any part of Akebono when their original plan was to own 30% of the market by 2011 and now they are over 50%. Akebono's only options as far as saving money are to shut down AKB and move it somewhere else and start over with the new plant and hire associates at a lower hourly rate. But wait they can't do that by 2014 either because they have no way to supply their customers during that type of transition either. The only thing they can do to get rid of AKB and all its associates is to have another plant manned and machined up with all the volume we have now that way they would never miss a shipment. If you idiots would stop and think you would realize we have AKB by the balls as much as they have us.
Where is AKB?
Don

Columbia, KY

#586 Jun 19, 2013
what wrote:
750 bonus wtf?<quoted text>
750??!!
Don

Columbia, KY

#587 Jun 19, 2013
Melissa wrote:
I for one would like to thank Akebono for my raise.
A lot say it's not enough, I say thank you. A lot of us are greatful for our jobs, Most of us are not with the Freedom Fighters and their complaints. One thing I wish HR would do is when you go to mine or any department don't just talk to the FF who complain. Your only making them seem stronger than what they are. We see you talking to them, then they go around spreading rumors on what you tell them, your not helping by doing this. For once talk to others and skip them. Your only making them feel and appear stronger when you do this. Anyway, thanks for the raise.
Maybe you should get back to work.
Don

Columbia, KY

#588 Jun 19, 2013
what wrote:
You have all missed the whole point of a union. it's not raises
it's to try and stop the whole plant from going to Mexico.
akebono has a contract with all of their contractors. what do you have to protect you?
Exactly, but even with or without a union companies do close, people are scared either way.
some funny name

Gilbertsville, KY

#589 Jun 19, 2013
FNA
FYI u

Charlestown, IN

#590 Jun 20, 2013
Neil levill was union.... UAW TOO they voted it out recently
NoComparison

Greensburg, KY

#591 Jun 20, 2013
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>Where are you from Stupidville?
It is proven that a highschool diploma is better than a GED. Better yet, a 2 year college degree would be better. Personally, I had enough sense to go to college so I wouldn't spend my life in a factory. So actually, a person with a GED shouldn't get more that minimum wage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rineyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What do you think of HCHD Envir Services (Jul '12) 2 min Stop Corruption 83
Swinger groups 18 min moo 3
loud boom in radcliff 1 hr Cgp 4
When Will Amber Get Out of Jail? 2 hr You r stupid 15
Dwayne Spears tattoo artist (Oct '14) 3 hr dddd 15
Judge M Brent Hall, Addington, Hardin Co. Famil... (Jun '13) 3 hr yeah 132
Mw4mw 3 hr DTF 9

Rineyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rineyville Mortgages