Bardstown police officer shot and killed

Bardstown police officer shot and killed

There are 284 comments on the WAVE-TV Louisville story from May 25, 2013, titled Bardstown police officer shot and killed. In it, WAVE-TV Louisville reports that:

The Bardstown officer was found dead in uniform inside his cruiser. He was on his way home from work, according to KSP.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVE-TV Louisville.

BigNate

Bardstown, KY

#293 Jun 18, 2013
CRC926 wrote:
My whole point is, people want to throw tomatoes at you for saying it may be someone on the inside when in reality, not everyone on the inside is always a good guy.

I see plenty that screams it could be someone on the inside, someone in particular actually... but I won't mention it again because when I do someone scoffs and acts like its impossible. Also, its probably not the safest of ideas lol
I pretty much assume it was an inside job. No scoffing here.
Tomatos

Louisville, KY

#294 Jun 19, 2013
CRC926 wrote:
My whole point is, people want to throw tomatoes at you for saying it may be someone on the inside when in reality, not everyone on the inside is always a good guy.
I see plenty that screams it could be someone on the inside, someone in particular actually... but I won't mention it again because when I do someone scoffs and acts like its impossible. Also, its probably not the safest of ideas lol
Where is the post where someone threw tomatos at you? Thread/number.
ballgame

Brandenburg, KY

#295 Jun 19, 2013
unreal wrote:
What in the hell is wrong with you people???
Rest in peace Officer Ellis. May God be with your wife and kids to help them through such a tragic loss.
His family must be getting tremendous emotional support. I happened to see on news how Parker got to throw out the pitch at the Reds game on Tuesday night. Precious family.
Mr Big

Ekron, KY

#296 Jun 19, 2013
ballgame wrote:
<quoted text>
His family must be getting tremendous emotional support. I happened to see on news how Parker got to throw out the pitch at the Reds game on Tuesday night. Precious family.
The support right now is good. What happens though when the cheering stops, the drop by visits from old friends and such. Hard to explain, you have to have been there.

Since: Jun 13

London, KY

#297 Jun 19, 2013
My phone doesn't give me a thread number but I posted on 3 June in this forum as "my opinion" and "look". I also posted on another thread.

Here's my thought: In 2003/04 there was a case where a young man was shot 3 times in the back after turning and running after a struggle for a sidearm from someone who is HIGHLY skilled in judo. Is that REALLY possible? Or fabricated?

This same person was deployed to Afghanistan 2005(?)-2009. We already agreed this was STRANGELY tactical.

This same person was seen talking to one of the gentleman from the HH beating who is a known dealer and was set to be sentenced the week after his arresting officer, Ellis, was shot and killed.

Uncannily coincidental.
Motive

Sheridan, AR

#298 Jul 1, 2013
Sometimes you have to wonder if he was involved in the wrong group of ppl. Or he was doing his job and pissed someone off. The only one knows why must be a pro and didn't tell anyone what he was going to do. Hopefully someone knows but if he didn't tell anyone than we need someone in there to piece the puzzle together.
believe a cracker

Hodgenville, KY

#299 Jul 1, 2013
if any police officer ,or public official wants to come out, I promise you the public will support you!
you don't think I know that "they" know what my ip address is? I have three kids ,but I will risk me and my family to post. if somebody will kill a police officer ,I am sure that they have no problem killing me.
this is not childs play ,I understand that ,be my hero ,and I will in turn be yours.
I took the first step
arrested development

Bardstown, KY

#300 Jul 1, 2013
I absolutely support any law enforcement officer who would whistleblow some of the corruption and bias around here. I personally know it exists because I've seen it first hand.
I would definitely view any local leo's as my hero for showing/telling the real story.
curious

Ft Mitchell, KY

#301 Jul 1, 2013
Motive wrote:
Sometimes you have to wonder if he was involved in the wrong group of ppl. Or he was doing his job and pissed someone off. The only one knows why must be a pro and didn't tell anyone what he was going to do. Hopefully someone knows but if he didn't tell anyone than we need someone in there to piece the puzzle together.
Yeah,a pro.You know,I thought that initially myself.Even considered that the killer was sitting somewhere in Nice before the body was found.After Google mapping the scene,watching the police vigorously searching the crime scene (a month after the fact),and the only fact that the people of Bardstown seem to agree on is the fact that officer Ellis was squeaky clean,I'm thinking that it's not a stretch to think that some local country folk or folks was walking home drunk,crossed paths with officer Ellis,and one of them got the drop with the weapon.If that's the case,then the murder weapon won't be in a ditch.In that scenario,the murder weapon will still be in circulation at some future point in time.Because statistically,most country-rooted people just don't have it in them to trash a perfectly good fire-arm,a perfectly good blade of any description,or a perfectly good pair of boots.Well,common sense and the Mystery Detectives (formerly known as forensic files) both seem to agree on it anyway.
Since the police are sitting on all the key pieces of what they really found at the crime scene,what evidence or theories of ambush may match up to that,and what theories and evidence they may have of possible getaway vehicle(s),then it's really impossible for us to know.I want to go ahead and put that out there.Realizing that the surface of the investigation don't really give you enough to even speculate about.Since most of us as Americans are going to take a very similar,very small,and very insignificant piece of the big picture,and vote a president in with it though,I don't guess it's hurting anything.
G-man

Nicholasville, KY

#302 Jul 2, 2013
True wrote:
<quoted text>Being from the same area you are from, I immediately recognized who the victim (murdered KSP) was and the under the table "accused". People want to throw a lot of caca against the wall of truth in Edrington's case to see how much will stick and if so, will it cover up the guilty parties names. This was a murder that will never be OFFICIALLY served. No one with enough balls out of that KSP post nor, evidently in all of Frankfort either. I just wonder if you've heard some of the details that I have. Mine included a top level official naming the murderers names and telling me it will never be investigated in that direction. Does yours include the missing 911 tape for the night of the murder? Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack this thread.
I don't anything about the E-town post, but the London post sucks.
Since the local sheriff would do nothing, KSP was called and told exactly what window of time a certain drunk would be on the road. He did it every weekend within an hour and half window of time. KSP came--two hours too early and left. Right on time, the drunk driver was where they were told he would be. Real professionals, right?
Joe

Pearl River, LA

#303 Aug 18, 2013
Unless you have worked as a police officer...unless you have fought in a war....unless you have worked triage in a trauma hospital, you will never understand the way their stress is relieved. Relief is by dry, sometimes sick-sounding humor or anger or silly antics. Hard for other folks to understand unless you have had your feet on the ground.
Mr Big

Irvington, KY

#304 Aug 19, 2013
Joe wrote:
Unless you have worked as a police officer...unless you have fought in a war....unless you have worked triage in a trauma hospital, you will never understand the way their stress is relieved. Relief is by dry, sometimes sick-sounding humor or anger or silly antics. Hard for other folks to understand unless you have had your feet on the ground.
So very true.
butcher

Louisville, KY

#305 Aug 19, 2013
arrested development wrote:
I absolutely support any law enforcement officer who would whistleblow some of the corruption and bias around here. I personally know it exists because I've seen it first hand.
I would definitely view any local leo's as my hero for showing/telling the real story.
What about Edward Snowden? You support him?
truth

United States

#307 Nov 14, 2013
Well the way i see it is. Ksp are the biggest organized criminals in Kentucky. They are without a doubt the ones to be scared of. And officer Ellis was a k9 officer. So with that said i believe, he busted the wrong crop, wrong people. And in return, he played for it with his life. And ksp made sure of that. After all, he was in there territory. No wonder they can't solve this. Open your eyes people.

wish the best for his wife/kids.
Doubter

Greenbrier, AR

#310 Nov 21, 2013
truth wrote:
Well the way i see it is. Ksp are the biggest organized criminals in Kentucky. They are without a doubt the ones to be scared of. And officer Ellis was a k9 officer. So with that said i believe, he busted the wrong crop, wrong people. And in return, he played for it with his life. And ksp made sure of that. After all, he was in there territory. No wonder they can't solve this. Open your eyes people.
wish the best for his wife/kids.
Really?? The KSP? That's a real stretch!! It looks like the shooter had to have help, so that would mean two or three bad cops. I highly doubt if that's the case. Maybe one, but two or three, is unlikely. I'm guessing with all of their practice, a cop wouldn't need several shots from a shotgun at close range, they could probably do it in one. Sounds like an amateur to me (but I'm no detective) just a concerned citizen.
just me

Orange, VA

#314 Nov 22, 2013
Yeah me too. I've thought that for a while. I work in corrections and I see a lot of corruption. Anyone remover the bluegrass conspiracy? Yeah that was inside too. Just saying!
whodoneitforalon gtime

United States

#317 Aug 31, 2015
The one who did this hates cops and the government very much. He also can't keep his mouth shut at least to me.The person that did this has been running his mouth with many details. Not willing to give up his name just yet.
caitlyn jenner

Bardstown, KY

#318 Aug 31, 2015
whodoneitforalongtime wrote:
The one who did this hates cops and the government very much. He also can't keep his mouth shut at least to me.The person that did this has been running his mouth with many details. Not willing to give up his name just yet.
would you give up his name to me? i'm a sassy girl.
joey

Elizabethtown, KY

#319 Sep 1, 2015
God bless the police officer shot
Bull

Elizabethtown, KY

#322 Apr 12, 2016
whodoneitforalongtime wrote:
You are full of shit. What specific details does this person know that would make you think they were the one that pulled the trigger? Sound like a lot of bullshit to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rineyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Anyone Recommend Don/Gene Coffey Construct... (Dec '10) 28 min No dealings with him 28
Furniture Liquidators 31 min Slum lord 2
Wayne hammons takes it in the pooper 1 hr Lol 4
Wayne hammons takes it in the pooper 1 hr Lol 6
Union Reading Material 1 hr You are not me 1
anyone know a eric hall??? (Nov '14) 3 hr Eric Hall 2
DreamWEAVER 13 hr Mrbojangles 1

Rineyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rineyville Mortgages