spartan

Shepherdsville, KY

#24 Apr 3, 2013
Looking wrote:
Looking for a good church to start attending. Any suggestions?
Whatever building you go to will have God there if you're seriously seeking after him.Had a Jehovah's witness tell me that he was too good to go to the Mormon church with me.However,,,God still met me there about thirty-percent of the time,,,(when my heart was right).Have since gave up on the Mormons as well as the witnesses,,,but still love God.In short,,,if you have faith,,,then any and all churches are good to attend.If all you want is some company to get you through life though,,,then I would recommend the Mormons and the witnesses both,(just don't tell one about the other unless you want more headaches than you can handle).Both groups are well known for looking out for each other,,,but neither knows the True Creator and Grand Architect of all that is.Good luck either way.
alpha

Franklin, KY

#25 Apr 3, 2013
felllowship wrote:
Metropolitan Community Church on Mulberry St. in Etown is a great Non Denominational Church! highly recommend giving it a try.
only if you are gay
alpha

Franklin, KY

#26 Apr 3, 2013
Rod wrote:
I can tell you one to stay away from. Severns Valley. It seems some of the members are somehow affiliated with an adult bookstore in Radcliff.
for real or is this just crap
doubtful

Vine Grove, KY

#28 Apr 3, 2013
alpha wrote:
<quoted text>for real or is this just crap
Church where the Bible is considered the Word of God. Whatever it says, that's what God means. You will know if you are in a strong Bible-based church. These other accusations serve no purpose except to tear down the church and criticize based on what?
Anonymous

Elizabethtown, KY

#29 Jul 10, 2013
Believer wrote:
You should give The Rock Church of Elizabethtown a visit. It is locates besie the old EW James and Sons building here in Etown. It is a non-denominational church and the most confortable and welcoming church thsat I have ever visited.
How often do they take the Lords supper/communion?
Do they have instruments in worship I.e. piano,organ?
I was under the impression that it is a Korean or Asian group
basis

Vine Grove, KY

#30 Jul 11, 2013
SpecialMomofMany wrote:
<quoted text>
How often do they take the Lords supper/communion?
Do they have instruments in worship I.e. piano,organ?
I was under the impression that it is a Korean or Asian group
What does Lord's Supper and how often one takes it at church have to do with a choice of a church? The gospel - knowing that Christ died for our sins, rose again and that we accept Him as our Savior. There is ONE way to the Father- Jesus Christ - and that is the basis of the gospel. The Bible - the basis of studying God's Word at church. If that is clearly demonstrated, then God has led you to the right one. Any other path that does not include these precepts is heading you in the wrong direction.
Anonymous

Elizabethtown, KY

#31 Jul 11, 2013
basis wrote:
<quoted text>
What does Lord's Supper and how often one takes it at church have to do with a choice of a church? The gospel - knowing that Christ died for our sins, rose again and that we accept Him as our Savior. There is ONE way to the Father- Jesus Christ - and that is the basis of the gospel. The Bible - the basis of studying God's Word at church. If that is clearly demonstrated, then God has led you to the right one. Any other path that does not include these precepts is heading you in the wrong direction.
Everything. Many groups only partake a few times a year which shows that they do not follow Gods word. Same with the instrumental music. If YOU look at the gospel, you'll see how we are to worship in the assembly. There is no relationship with God if we don't do as He says.
Anonymous

Elizabethtown, KY

#32 Jul 11, 2013
Please see Acts 20:7 et al
1 Corinthians 16:2 et all
funny

Elizabethtown, KY

#33 Jul 12, 2013
They all preach the same thing, Why do you believe? Because a book tells you too? So every book is non fiction? I am a beliver of evolution a d can provide much proof too back it is indeed the real story. Your entire body is proof of evolution, everything from your fingernails, to the partial webbing between each finger(evolved for swimming.) If evolution was fake, you would indeed be going to catch your dinner with a rock, not picking it up from the drive thru.
Anonymous

Elizabethtown, KY

#34 Jul 12, 2013
funny wrote:
They all preach the same thing, Why do you believe? Because a book tells you too? So every book is non fiction? I am a beliver of evolution a d can provide much proof too back it is indeed the real story. Your entire body is proof of evolution, everything from your fingernails, to the partial webbing between each finger(evolved for swimming.) If evolution was fake, you would indeed be going to catch your dinner with a rock, not picking it up from the drive thru.
If they all preached the same thing we wouldn't have hundreds of different denominations.

There is no way our complex bodies evolved from a single cell. Darwin even changed his mind. Additionally, if evolution actually worked we'd have have 'samples' at each stage. IMO, that theory is only accepted by those either too lazy or too closed minded to consider anything else. That's why so many intelligent, educated people believe in creation, even those that were atheists prior to their education
funny

United States

#35 Jul 12, 2013
SpecialMomofMany wrote:
<quoted text>
If they all preached the same thing we wouldn't have hundreds of different denominations.
There is no way our complex bodies evolved from a single cell. Darwin even changed his mind. Additionally, if evolution actually worked we'd have have 'samples' at each stage. IMO, that theory is only accepted by those either too lazy or too closed minded to consider anything else. That's why so many intelligent, educated people believe in creation, even those that were atheists prior to their education
I know the bibble well too as I have a close relative who preaches in Atlanta. Religion is not supposed to be forced upon amyone, and my opinion should have just been accepted. I would love to believe but as with anything I need some kind of proof. I am as about open minded as they come. Also if you shouldnt profit off religion, wouldnt people be wrong for BUYING a bibble, or churches who SELL cross pendants for jewlery? Evolution is always attcked by the religous people, that isnt supposed to be their nature, they are supposed to be accepting. What about all the bibble contradictions? And the fact it has been revised through time and all the stories in it have a different author per say, you telling me no one lied?
Anonymous

Elizabethtown, KY

#36 Jul 12, 2013
No one lied. It's accurate not only in religious communities but also in the secular. Man has made a lot of really bad copies of it, changing things for his own good. It is still possible to get an accurate translation.

I said nothing about forcing religion or churches selling anything.

I did not attack evolution. It's a theory that Simply makes no sense.

As far as having a relative that preaches, that says nothing about you personally. We don't gain knowlege from our family members education.

The Bible doesn't tell us to accept sin. In fact, we're told to flee every form of sin and things that look like sin
no basis

Vine Grove, KY

#37 Jul 13, 2013
SpecialMomofMany wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything. Many groups only partake a few times a year which shows that they do not follow Gods word. Same with the instrumental music. If YOU look at the gospel, you'll see how we are to worship in the assembly. There is no relationship with God if we don't do as He says.
Lord's Supper -- taking it has nothing to do with getting you to heaven. It is a sacrament reminding of what Christ did on the cross. Instrumental music has nothing to do with our going to heaven. We have both in my church-- music is taking time to worship God through praise. The church is the bride of Christ. If we are to seek a relationship with Him, we should be there to worship. GOING does not send us to heaven. Our decision to accept Christ as our Savior, the basis of salvation. No works, no sacraments, no just going to church does that - only way to the Father is through (accepting) his Son as our Savior. If we have, then why wouldn't we be in a worship service every week.
funny

United States

#38 Jul 13, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
No one lied. It's accurate not only in religious communities but also in the secular. Man has made a lot of really bad copies of it, changing things for his own good. It is still possible to get an accurate translation.
I said nothing about forcing religion or churches selling anything.
I did not attack evolution. It's a theory that Simply makes no sense.
As far as having a relative that preaches, that says nothing about you personally. We don't gain knowlege from our family members education.
The Bible doesn't tell us to accept sin. In fact, we're told to flee every form of sin and things that look like sin
Evolution makes no sense? Yea those science guys can't hold up to a book that multiple people who have been gone for centuries wrote. You got me. Clap clap. No more religous debate for me, good job you won.
fwfwf

Elizabethtown, KY

#39 Jul 13, 2013
Hearing grown-ass adults argue about which place is the best to hear Bronze-Age fairy tales makes me glad to be an atheist.
not joyful

Vine Grove, KY

#40 Jul 13, 2013
fwfwf wrote:
Hearing grown-ass adults argue about which place is the best to hear Bronze-Age fairy tales makes me glad to be an atheist.
I would hope that when you die there would be some memory of your making that most unfortunate statement. From what some have stated they haven't been to any church because they have no idea the realm of importance of learning about God and the gospel of Jesus Christ. Makes an eternal difference. I can assure you there is absolutely NO reason to be glad to be an atheist.
Any

United States

#41 Jul 13, 2013
Looking wrote:
Looking for a good church to start attending. Any suggestions?
__________ Church. Church is church. The place you pay weekly to hear the same book youve read mixed with stale humor a shot of welchs grape juice and a pinch of bread. Oh and to shake strangers hands with a pretend smile.
missed out

Vine Grove, KY

#42 Jul 13, 2013
Any wrote:
<quoted text> __________ Church. Church is church. The place you pay weekly to hear the same book youve read mixed with stale humor a shot of welchs grape juice and a pinch of bread. Oh and to shake strangers hands with a pretend smile.
If you go, you are WAY off base. I would fear to make such a statement myself.
MomofMany

Elizabethtown, KY

#44 Jul 13, 2013
no basis wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord's Supper -- taking it has nothing to do with getting you to heaven. It is a sacrament reminding of what Christ did on the cross. Instrumental music has nothing to do with our going to heaven. We have both in my church-- music is taking time to worship God through praise. The church is the bride of Christ. If we are to seek a relationship with Him, we should be there to worship. GOING does not send us to heaven. Our decision to accept Christ as our Savior, the basis of salvation. No works, no sacraments, no just going to church does that - only way to the Father is through (accepting) his Son as our Savior. If we have, then why wouldn't we be in a worship service every week.
That's not what the Bible says. Your sacraments are not inline with the word of God
MomofMany

Elizabethtown, KY

#45 Jul 13, 2013
fwfwf wrote:
Imdon't see anyone arguing. I see a discussion. I see that you are the only one using bad language. Perhaps your issue is your heart

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rineyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are they building behind McDonald's by cen... 3 min dsb 3
jimmy wells (Dec '10) 47 min chekinin 2
Why are minorities discriminating against black... 1 hr muah 3
pinkham lincoln (Jul '11) 1 hr sickandsicker 39
oh sherrie 1 hr rta 1
Who's hiring? 1 hr Big boss 2
does anyone know Lydia? 3 hr chekinin 2
Rineyville Dating
Find my Match

Rineyville Jobs