been there

Webster Springs, WV

#1 Oct 31, 2012
when i worked in the mines people from va just waited for us to strike; so the could come and take our jobs.the ones that worked in scab mines always benfited from our sacrifices.
unions no good

Newport, VA

#2 Jan 14, 2013
been there wrote:
when i worked in the mines people from va just waited for us to strike; so the could come and take our jobs.the ones that worked in scab mines always benfited from our sacrifices.
a "scab" is just a man that wants to work for a living
working man

Rupert, WV

#3 Jan 20, 2013
we fight for more working benefits. then scabs come inand take advantage of it. come on people; for all the bad things you can say about the unions.the people that are in unions make better pay,have better benefits than non unions.
china

Pembroke, VA

#4 Jan 24, 2013
working man wrote:
we fight for more working benefits. then scabs come inand take advantage of it. come on people; for all the bad things you can say about the unions.the people that are in unions make better pay,have better benefits than non unions.
Unions are a big reason why factory jobs are now in China
work there

Oakvale, WV

#5 Jan 25, 2013
china pays it's workers very little with no benefits. is that what you want.jobs go to other countrys because the will build anything for as cheap as companys want it.
working man

Oakvale, WV

#6 Jan 25, 2013
one company co got a 4 million dollar bonus. yet they say they can't pay for employes health care.and you say the union is wrong for asking for a better life for it's brothers and sisters. you need to wake up!
oh my

Fort Mill, SC

#7 Jan 27, 2013
I believe unions is a contributing factor to factories moving over seas/making their products overseas. Just think about if all of the parts were made by a all union company, in this economy there is no way Volvo would be able to sale one truck. Companies are having to be price competitive in this market. Think really hard how much money it costs to run a business and pay employees these days. See past the "bonus".
unions have spoiled us

Newport, VA

#8 Jan 31, 2013
Unions served a real purpose in the 20th century by ending child labor, safer work conditions, and a living wage. A big problem today is union workers have priced themselves out of the world's labor market place. A worker whose union demands 30-40 bucks an hour PLUS benefits cant compete with workers overseas for manufacturing. I hear union workers say things like "..what should I do, live on 15 an hour?" when millions of Americans do just that. Union workers have been spoiled by too high wages, etc. They could take pay cuts and still own a home and a car. Of course that might mean selling off the bass boat, the Harley, and that third SUV, but those are all luxuries.
unions have spoiled us

Newport, VA

#9 Jan 31, 2013
working man wrote:
one company co got a 4 million dollar bonus. yet they say they can't pay for employes health care.and you say the union is wrong for asking for a better life for it's brothers and sisters. you need to wake up!
Unions served a real purpose in the 20th century by ending child labor, safer work conditions, and a living wage. A big problem today is union workers have priced themselves out of the world's labor market place. A worker whose union demands 30-40 bucks an hour PLUS benefits cant compete with workers overseas for manufacturing. I hear union workers say things like "..what should I do, live on 15 an hour?" when millions of Americans do just that. Union workers have been spoiled by too high wages, etc. They could take pay cuts and still own a home and a car. Of course that might mean selling off the bass boat, the Harley, and that third SUV, but those are all luxuries.
oh my

Dunlap, TN

#10 Jan 31, 2013
Funny thing is a company will get a bonus but the union will also. Plus the uaw has a huge multi million dollar estate. People need to look at the bigger picture then make companies look bad. Union is equal.
no unions

Pembroke, VA

#11 Mar 13, 2013
Outlaw unions and American jobs will come back

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know what happened to 7 hr Concerned2 7
Ronnie wickline (May '11) 14 hr amanda syke 15
Brittany Baker Fri Josie 8
I miss you (Jan '12) Nov 15 No loyalty 32
radford police and pulaski police dirty (May '12) Nov 10 1emanres 28
just looking Nov 8 EZE 2
Phyllis Saunders (Jul '13) Nov 7 Yuck II 4
Riner Dating
Find my Match

Riner People Search