Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Rincon Forum

Comments (Page 762)

Showing posts 15,221 - 15,240 of47,848
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
What

Mount Airy, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16059
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
But I can show you studies that prove conservatives give more than liberals, and everyone knows that such quantitative data of monetary transfer is the only proof worthy of discussion. Besides it's a well known fact that people are willingly seeking the dependency of $50/week food assistance, rather than working to feed themselves.
Worse than the thought of our African origins...
Bonobos Join Chimps as Closest Human Relatives
by Ann Gibbons on 13 June 2012, 1:30 PM
http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2012/06...
Chimpanzees now have to share the distinction of being our closest living relative in the animal kingdom. An international team of researchers has sequenced the genome of the bonobo for the first time, confirming that it shares the same percentage of its DNA with us as chimps do. The team also found some small but tantalizing differences in the genomes of the three species—differences that may explain how bonobos and chimpanzees don't look or act like us even though we share about 99% of our DNA.
...Ever since researchers sequenced the chimp genome in 2005, they have known that humans share about 99% of our DNA with chimpanzees, making them our closest living relatives. But there are actually two species of apes that are this closely related to humans: bonobos (Pan paniscus) and the common chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes). This has prompted researchers to speculate whether the ancestor of humans, chimpanzees, and bonobos looked and acted more like a bonobo, a chimpanzee, or something else—and how all three species have evolved differently since the ancestor of humans split with the common ancestor of bonobos and chimps between 4 million and 7 million years ago in Africa.

Ann Gibbons-kin to the family of Hylobatidae.
Her's her picture with child;;

http://www.google.com/imgres...

And here's a picture of you.

http://www.google.com/imgres...

ROFL.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16060
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

1

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>If it hasn't been erased by the topix police. Then I know you can look back and find I answered every one of your questions previously. In detail. In my own words. I'll save it for closer to election time to repeat it again. Ag brought a good topic for discussion about Eygpt. I have grown tired of your constant bashing of Obama.
I know now that you have NEVER answered the questions. You can't, OMTE. You and everyone else on Topix has repeated things over and over and over. Suddenly, you aren't willing. Answer them and I won't ask them again. Now! That should clear the way. What say ye?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16061
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>If it hasn't been erased by the topix police. Then I know you can look back and find I answered every one of your questions previously. In detail. In my own words. I'll save it for closer to election time to repeat it again. Ag brought a good topic for discussion about Eygpt. I have grown tired of your constant bashing of Obama.
The other conservatives bash Obama, too. That has NOTHING to do with why you won't answer the questions. I'm not trying to start an argument with you. You have defended Obama and his regime, but you can't tell us why. Does that make sense to you?

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16062
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I know now that you have NEVER answered the questions. You can't, OMTE. You and everyone else on Topix has repeated things over and over and over. Suddenly, you aren't willing. Answer them and I won't ask them again. Now! That should clear the way. What say ye?
A liberal cannot answer questions for two primary reasons. Number one, they just don't know the answer. Number two, their answer, right or wrong, does not serve their agenda. A liberal's main strategy is too keep their talking points alive and involved in controversy. It does not serve their voter recruitment efforts to solve any issue. Anyone who doesn't believe that only has to look at obamacare and this so called immigration bill. Niether one solves any problems whatsoever, only serving to keep the issue in the headlines, and make the clueless and uneducated out there believe that they are doing something for them. A liberal's agenda is the ultimate in hypocrisy.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16063
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
A liberal cannot answer questions for two primary reasons. Number one, they just don't know the answer. Number two, their answer, right or wrong, does not serve their agenda. A liberal's main strategy is too keep their talking points alive and involved in controversy. It does not serve their voter recruitment efforts to solve any issue. Anyone who doesn't believe that only has to look at obamacare and this so called immigration bill. Niether one solves any problems whatsoever, only serving to keep the issue in the headlines, and make the clueless and uneducated out there believe that they are doing something for them. A liberal's agenda is the ultimate in hypocrisy.
Good thing I'm not a Liberal.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16064
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
The other conservatives bash Obama, too. That has NOTHING to do with why you won't answer the questions. I'm not trying to start an argument with you. You have defended Obama and his regime, but you can't tell us why. Does that make sense to you?
Ask a liberal what the end result or goal of government programs is supposed to be. Ask them if any have achieved their goals and the program ended. Liberals go on and on about "the power of the people", yet need multiple waste ridden, conflicting, overlapping programs to take care of them, really?
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16065
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
The other conservatives bash Obama, too. That has NOTHING to do with why you won't answer the questions. I'm not trying to start an argument with you. You have defended Obama and his regime, but you can't tell us why. Does that make sense to you?
You're bein childish. Do you want me to act childish? I have answered your questions over and over. You can't bully or embarass me into entertaining you no more or less than I feel like and right now I don't feel like it. Sorry.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16066
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
A liberal cannot answer questions for two primary reasons. Number one, they just don't know the answer. Number two, their answer, right or wrong, does not serve their agenda. A liberal's main strategy is too keep their talking points alive and involved in controversy. It does not serve their voter recruitment efforts to solve any issue. Anyone who doesn't believe that only has to look at obamacare and this so called immigration bill. Niether one solves any problems whatsoever, only serving to keep the issue in the headlines, and make the clueless and uneducated out there believe that they are doing something for them. A liberal's agenda is the ultimate in hypocrisy.
You have explained that so well. Great post. I knew it, but I wanted someone else to jump in to show the libs that the conservatives are miles ahead of their thinking. Now! This is another thing that someone else needs to point out. Obamacare and the immigration bill will affect them in a negative way just like it will the rest of us. WHY don't they get that? They are going to be pushed to the back of the line, too. It is ASTOUNDING that they: 1. Don't care. They just want to be "right".
2. Are too brainwashed to believe it will be so ugly. 3. Think it WON'T affect them. Only the "hated" conservatives will be affected.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16067
Jun 21, 2013
 
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
So, to provide context you reference a page that is full of quotes that are pulled out of context. But I can certainly see where all of this would frieghten white folks (1969 was a scarey time for some), and to think that the 2nd Amendment is color blind. Fortunately we have you to show the path of the True Christian, it's simply unimaginable that a personal relationship with Christ might actually produce a million different points of view.
And I also suggested you go to google books and read the preface to the book - that gives you all the context you need - sort of ignored that didn't you?

I will repeat: what possible context could make those quotes acceptable and consistent with the message of the New Testament? Christ reserved his greatest anger for those who perverted God's message (money changers, Pharisees) and his greatest sorrow for those who would not accept his message (the young ruler). In MY OPINION, I would say Cone (and Wright) fit right into that first category. If you think to "shame" me for questioning that what was preached in that church was "true" Christianity - you are failing miserably. Christ did not preach the hatred and bigotry that the mission statement that Wright established for that church was based on. But fine, you want to somehow claim that an objective reading of the New Testament in total could come up such hatred - be my guest.

But this whole discussion can about from a question about non-Republican ministers. So let's leave that and go on to why so many of us thought Wright was a legitimate topic of discussion before Obama was elected. Republicans are constantly accused of racism - we can't possibly disagree with Obama on policy, it HAS to be because he is black. And yet, Obama sat in a church for 20 years listening to a minister that espouses Black Liberation Theology and somehow claims that he never heard anything approaching any of the following - he must have missed a lot of church:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

So forget the "million different points of view" you claim as support for Cone and Wright's racist interpretation, I guess you really have no problem with Obama sitting in a church that preached that hate. Did you have a problem with the questions Romney was asked about the influence of the Mormon Church on his views and policies?

And there was a generous amount of political speech thrown in there - hey, IRS do you care, or are you too busy hassling people who "criticize the government"?

(What does the 2nd Amendment and colorblindness have to do with anything?)

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16068
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Good thing I'm not a Liberal.
Okay. You aren't a liberal. That's cleared up.
How about answering the questions from an Independent standpoint. Just hit the highpoints.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16069
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Good thing I'm not a Liberal.
A "non liberal" can and will answer these two questions with only one definitive word.

1) Does obamacare solve our healthcare concerns?

2) Does the senate "gang of eight" immigration bill solve our immigration concerns?
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16070
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
A liberal cannot answer questions for two primary reasons. Number one, they just don't know the answer. Number two, their answer, right or wrong, does not serve their agenda. A liberal's main strategy is too keep their talking points alive and involved in controversy. It does not serve their voter recruitment efforts to solve any issue. Anyone who doesn't believe that only has to look at obamacare and this so called immigration bill. Niether one solves any problems whatsoever, only serving to keep the issue in the headlines, and make the clueless and uneducated out there believe that they are doing something for them. A liberal's agenda is the ultimate in hypocrisy.
Once again you've revealed the deep dark tactics of the liberal socialist commie gay rainbow atheist plot to subvert America thru voter recruitment. But it goes far beyond simple voter recruitment and into the very voting booth by creating a dependency on health care, a dependency on free food, and all manner of subsidy and assistance for a majority of the population who willingly seek to live in poverty just so they can be eligible for free stuff..

Your continued efforts to educate the clueless should not go unrewarded, please accept this simple recognition as a token of our heartfelt gratitude.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16071
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>You're bein childish. Do you want me to act childish? I have answered your questions over and over. You can't bully or embarass me into entertaining you no more or less than I feel like and right now I don't feel like it. Sorry.
OMTE, I'm not trying to embarrass you. I like you. I am asking you because I thought you would be honest. You aren't alone. None of your liberal buddies on Topix can answer the questions either. A few months ago, I asked CB what Obama had done for him. After MANY requests, he finally posted some cut and paste list that didn't address one thing that is going on. Nothing. If I had placed THAT much faith in someone and that person had basicallly slammed the door in my face, I would question why I keep going back for more. You call it bashing Obama. I call it trying to make it clear that you and the liberals are being "played" to the hilt. You don't like the immigration problem. Congress, along with Obama's direction, are trying to pass an immigration bill that will be a calamity FOR US. You can't pick and choose what you support. You are either in or out. By supporting Obama, you have "figuratively" given him your support in whatever he decides he wants to do. At least the Republicans want to secure the border FIRST. The Democrats don't want to do that. It's all about the votes in the next election. They want to SECURE the votes and to heck with the citizens in this country. The members of congress won't be exposed to the riff raff like we will. They have their money and power to protect them.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16072
Jun 21, 2013
 
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
A "non liberal" can and will answer these two questions with only one definitive word.
1) Does obamacare solve our healthcare concerns?
2) Does the senate "gang of eight" immigration bill solve our immigration concerns?
No. No. Happy?

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16073
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you've revealed the deep dark tactics of the liberal socialist commie gay rainbow atheist plot to subvert America thru voter recruitment. But it goes far beyond simple voter recruitment and into the very voting booth by creating a dependency on health care, a dependency on free food, and all manner of subsidy and assistance for a majority of the population who willingly seek to live in poverty just so they can be eligible for free stuff..
Your continued efforts to educate the clueless should not go unrewarded, please accept this simple recognition as a token of our heartfelt gratitude.
Obviously my points are a direct hit, or you would actually respond with something intelligent instead of with a bunch of deflection, denials, and attacks. On second thought, no, you wouldn't.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16074
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>No. No. Happy?
Absolutely happy, a little fishing with the grandson, a little swimming with the wife, a little beer drinking this afternoon, and the rodeo this evening.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16076
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Obviously my points are a direct hit, or you would actually respond with something intelligent instead of with a bunch of deflection, denials, and attacks. On second thought, no, you wouldn't.
How can you say such a thing when I took great pains to include all the acceptable buzzwords in such an appetizing word salad.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16077
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
And I also suggested you go to google books and read the preface to the book - that gives you all the context you need - sort of ignored that didn't you?
I will repeat: what possible context could make those quotes acceptable and consistent with the message of the New Testament?
Ah yes, context....

James H. Cone
Bill moyers Journal
November 23, 2007
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/11232007/pr...
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/11232007/tr... (Transcript)

Religious Scholars Discuss Liberation Theology
March 21, 200812:00 PM
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...

Black Liberation Theology, in its Founder's Words
March 31, 200810:59 AM
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...

A Fiery Theology Under Fire
By MICHAEL POWELL
Published: May 4, 2008
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/04/weekinrevie...

...By the mid-1960s, the horns of Jericho seemed about to sound for the traditional black church in the United States. Martin Luther King Jr. was yielding to Malcolm X. Young black preachers embraced the Nation of Islam and black intellectuals sought warmth in the secular and Marxist-tinged fire of the black power movement.

As a young, black and decidedly liberal theologian, James H. Cone saw his faith imperiled.

“Christianity was seen as the white man’s religion,” he said.“I wanted to say:‘No! The Christian Gospel is not the white man’s religion. It is a religion of liberation, a religion that says God created all people to be free.’ But I realized that for black people to be free, they must first love their blackness.”

Dr. Cone, a founding father of black liberation theology, allowed himself a chuckle.“You might say we took our Christianity from Martin and our emphasis on blackness from Malcolm,” he said.

Black liberation theology was, in a sense, a brilliant flanking maneuver. For a black audience, its theology spoke to the centrality of the slave and segregation experience, arguing that God had a special place in his heart for the black oppressed. These theologians held that liberation should come on earth rather than in the hereafter, and demanded that black pastors speak as prophetic militants, critiquing the nation’s white-run social structures.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16078
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

General Sherman wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load.
That you are. Congratulations.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16079
Jun 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, context....
To which I would respond - what is the point of all those links - none of them either address or counter the inherent racism in Cone's books and preached by Wright. None of those links speak to or counter the quotes I cited, nor do those links give any evidence that those quotes are anything but accurate and that they exemplify the total message of Cone's books and standard Black Liberation Theology. Try again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 15,221 - 15,240 of47,848
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rincon Discussions

Search the Rincon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
President Obama 9 hr Lyle 1
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Fri Mason II 2,039
Search continues for missing Guyton man Jul 9 Just me 1
Make money from home Jun 20 antonio wiggins 2
Bloomingdale child porn suspect caught by Effin... Jun 16 David May 2
New to Area- Recommend Youth Softball Clubs for... Jun 16 Anonymous 1
Vandalism and petty crime in Pooler Jun 14 Maria 1
•••
•••
•••
Rincon Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Rincon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rincon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Rincon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rincon
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••